#12 Wichita State @ #18 Northern Iowa, 3 PM Saturday, ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: #12 Wichita State @ #18 Northern Iowa, 3 PM Saturday, ES

Postby Bmarq04 » February 3rd, 2015, 9:39 pm

valleychamp wrote:I would not have thought a cool panoramic shot of the McLeod Center in the first meeting between two ranked Valley teams in over 32 years would be subject to mocking from WSU, but I guess I would be wrong.

Some dont seem to be taking the loss well.

I completely get hyping the before and after of that game. With as rare as it is that 2 top 20 valley teams would square off, I wouldn't blame any team for hyping it up and especially not the winning team after the fact.
Bmarq04
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » February 3rd, 2015, 10:20 pm

Bmarq04 wrote:
valleychamp wrote:I would not have thought a cool panoramic shot of the McLeod Center in the first meeting between two ranked Valley teams in over 32 years would be subject to mocking from WSU, but I guess I would be wrong.

I completely get hyping the before and after of that game. With as rare as it is that 2 top 20 valley teams would square off, I wouldn't blame any team for hyping it up and especially not the winning team after the fact.

That and it's a nice ******* pano of the arena.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » February 3rd, 2015, 10:48 pm

uniftw wrote:
Bmarq04 wrote:

That and it's a nice ******* pano of the arena.

So eloquent
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 4th, 2015, 2:16 pm

valleychamp wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:I have some bad news for you, bud.

"Look at me" was playing to the camera on almost every possession.

Besides "Look at me", who else on the UNI team has great athletic ability? How many of them play regularly?

Playing to the camera? Wes plays like that during closed door practices. He's an energy guy, and a great player on top of it.

I dont know how anybody that likes basketball could be offended by Wes Washpun. Sounds like sore loser complaining to me.

I seem to remember Cleanthony Early cocking off and taunting the UNI bench in last years game at The McLeod center after he hit a jumper on the FIRST play of the game. Dont remember you bitching about that...

Apparently, you cannot read. I am not surprised. You sound like you have a cob up your @ss every time you post. As a gentle reminder, read my comment about the game outcome.

Also, you have not answered my question. Instead you chose to start one of your inane flame wars.

You are most annoying.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » February 4th, 2015, 3:57 pm

He didn't answer your question because he didn't accept the premise that Washpun only acted like that because there were cameras present. The kid acts that way all the time on the court-cameras or not, Tuttle too.

Personally I like the workman attitude of Singleton or Mitchell, but each player has to find their own inner drive. I've seen plenty of WSU players over the years with demeanors like Washpun or Tuttle.

As for athleticism-
Jeremy Morgan turned away D1 football offers as a WR to play basketball
Paul Jesperson is a lot more athletic than he looks and will flush it if given an opening to drive.
Seth Tuttle is probably the most athletic big in the Valley, but wait for Bennett Koch to get a little more upper body strength-he'll be a taller version of Adam
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 4th, 2015, 4:41 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:He didn't answer your question because he didn't accept the premise that Washpun only acted like that because there were cameras present. The kid acts that way all the time on the court-cameras or not, Tuttle too.

Personally I like the workman attitude of Singleton or Mitchell, but each player has to find their own inner drive. I've seen plenty of WSU players over the years with demeanors like Washpun or Tuttle.

As for athleticism-
Paul Jesperson is a lot more athletic than he looks and will flush it if given an opening to drive.
Seth Tuttle is probably the most athletic big in the Valley, but wait for Bennett Koch to get a little more upper body strength-he'll be a taller version of Adam

He has a little more to improve on than just upper body strength to get anywhere near where Adam was. Not saying it won't happen, but there is plenty of work that needs to happen for him to get to Adam's level.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » February 4th, 2015, 7:54 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:He didn't answer your question because he didn't accept the premise that Washpun only acted like that because there were cameras present. The kid acts that way all the time on the court-cameras or not, Tuttle too.

As for athleticism-

He has a little more to improve on than just upper body strength to get anywhere near where Adam was. Not saying it won't happen, but there is plenty of work that needs to happen for him to get to Adam's level.
do you remember Adam as a freshman?

Adam came in at about the same weight Bennett is right now and graduated at 260. Bennett at 260 with the "standard" profession is a head of Adam. He is ahead of Adam as a freshman.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » February 5th, 2015, 10:15 am

Interesting quotes about the UNI game from the Shockers after their Bradley game:

“It’s kind of hard to block out that type of game,” WSU guard Ron Baker said. “It was a tough game to get out of your head. Losing that badly, for this group, wasn’t something that had happened — ever.”

“It’s been a tough couple of days since we played Northern Iowa..." - Gregg Marshall

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... rylink=cpy
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball