1st MVC Coach to Get Shitcanned

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st MVC Coach to Get Shitcanned

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 16th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Chris Reynolds hired as AD at Bradley. Being introduced Wednesday.

GenoWatch will begin in earnest on Thursday.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Statman » March 16th, 2015, 11:58 pm

Nice hire by Bradley & gives the rest of the MVC notice re: what direction your hoop program will be headed. :+1:
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Statman » March 17th, 2015, 6:22 am

Aargh wrote:
I view this as a fairly weak argument and I'm not even sure what your argument is; that Lansing is a bad coach and bad for the Sycamore's? I think that the argument is that Lansing has done things for Indiana State that previous coaches did not do and that he does them with strong return on investment that you are unlikely to see on his pay scale.

Statman has an insane, irrational hatred of Lansing, and it's been the subject of nearly every post I've seen from him on here.

His argument is always that Lansing is terrible, in the face of all blatant evidence to the contrary.[/quote]

What was the score of that Loyola game in St. Louis again? Sadly, it wasn't the final score, but the half-assed effort by players & coaches. Worst performance in years by an ISU men's hoop squad. Ya, pass it off as an aberration...that's YOUR problem. If Lansing's such a "blue ribbon" coach, why is he still in Terre Haute?

I see why you've selected "

As far as the economic recovery, do think this was overcome by 2010? My proposition re: ISU hoop game attendance growth is attached to 2 factors, both GREATER than Lansing: 1) gradual economic recovery 2) ISU enrollment growth.[/quote]
This is like playing slo-pitch using tennis balls and tennis rackets.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever run into the "if someone were good enough to be our coach, they'd be coaching at a better school" line of reasoning.

Let me take another swing. "Coaches who do not leave for better programs should be fired".

I love the "reasoning" that says that if your coach doesn't bolt for another school, you should fire him because that's proof he isn't any good.

That's why I keep reading MVCFans. You can't make stuff like this up.[/quote]

Now I see why you've selected "aargh" as your pseudonym - you need to chew on smaller dog bones and start playing ping-pong, you sure as hell have a problem understanding the concept of winning/being a GOOD coach as applied to NCAA market demand & salary. In Lansing's case, if he's such an outstanding coach and significantly UNDERPAID (as a few of you think), wouldn't his services be a "steal" by a desiring Div I program? :Bam:
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby nwi stater » March 17th, 2015, 6:33 am

Statman, were you abused as a child?????mmmmmmmmmm :huh:
nwi stater
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Statman » March 17th, 2015, 7:11 am

Ya, I guess...living in Merrilville, Hammond, Gary, Munster, etc. will do that to a child, won't it? :Cheers: :Cheers:
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby dean_siu » March 17th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Well, its been two weeks since SIU's season came to an end and unfortunately the university has failed to do anything to fix the "leadership" of our basketball program.

Yesterday, two players announced their transfers (and there may be more) and I guess its something we should expect as long as Barry as coach. Just last week, he as quoted as saying the following.....

"Are we going to have some kids leave? No question in my mind. Are we going to have kids leave every year? There's no doubt in my mind.

See for yourself if you don't believe that this bozo is able to say such things and keep a job......

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/s ... b7de8.html

At least I get to keep a little more fun money for another year as I refuse to donate to this train wreck. I'll gladly make sacrifices to help the program return to it's glory days, but its better spent buying beer for the homeless as long as this clown is our coach.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » March 17th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Holy taken out of context, Batman!!

Here's the full quote....

"There's been 1,000 transfers over the last two years. I think that's just a sign of the times we live in," Hinson said. "Are we going to have some kids leave? No question in my mind. Are we going to have kids leave every year? There's no doubt in my mind. That's the way it is. Everybody wants to have everything now. It just doesn't quite work that way. Sometimes there's opportunities for guys to get more playing time somewhere else."
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Statman » March 17th, 2015, 1:22 pm

It's a fact that coaches get paid for winning and bringing in revenue to the program. Conflicting egos,
PT issues, overestimated talent, poor coaching - pick your straw. I view it like a Summer garden...you apply fertilizer, weed, hoe, etc. but if the plant is dying or spreading disease, you gotta pull the damn thing & burn it!
Unfortunately, sometimes it's not the garden but the GARDENER! :Beer:
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 17th, 2015, 1:32 pm

BCPanther wrote:Holy taken out of context, Batman!!

Here's the full quote....

"There's been 1,000 transfers over the last two years. I think that's just a sign of the times we live in," Hinson said. "Are we going to have some kids leave? No question in my mind. Are we going to have kids leave every year? There's no doubt in my mind. That's the way it is. Everybody wants to have everything now. It just doesn't quite work that way. Sometimes there's opportunities for guys to get more playing time somewhere else."

Right. SIU isn't the only school in the country to lose guys to transfer. Were SIU fans complaining about transfers when Paul Lusk showed up?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 17th, 2015, 5:11 pm

dean_siu wrote:Well, its been two weeks since SIU's season came to an end and unfortunately the university has failed to do anything to fix the "leadership" of our basketball program.

Yesterday, two players announced their transfers (and there may be more) and I guess its something we should expect as long as Barry as coach. Just last week, he as quoted as saying the following.....

"Are we going to have some kids leave? No question in my mind. Are we going to have kids leave every year? There's no doubt in my mind.

See for yourself if you don't believe that this bozo is able to say such things and keep a job......

http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/s ... b7de8.html

At least I get to keep a little more fun money for another year as I refuse to donate to this train wreck. I'll gladly make sacrifices to help the program return to it's glory days, but its better spent buying beer for the homeless as long as this clown is our coach.

How long until Chris Lowery gets fired from K-State?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball