1st MVC Coach to Get Shitcanned

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st MVC Coach to Get Shitcanned

Postby E-Villan » March 15th, 2015, 9:07 pm

I can't believe there is actually a topic where an SIU fan is wanting Chris Lowery back, and an INSU fan is wanting Lansing gone. I don't think I have enough stupid tolerance to read this entire thread, but the few responses I have read appeared to be spot on.

Wasn't INSU picked to finish as a Thursday night team this year? I think that was pretty much a foregone conclusion. I really don't think INSU had as much talent as ILSU, UE and even Loyola, yet Lansing got them to 3rd place. Honestly, I think he has overachieved just about every year he has been there. Even with Odum, it never appeared they we just oozing with talent.

Seriously, if you think you can do better, fill his car with gas, and point him south on 41. We will be happy to take him off of your hands.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pafan » March 15th, 2015, 9:39 pm

But don't give him enough gas to get to Austin Peay.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby mvcfan » March 15th, 2015, 11:36 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:Hearing Geno should be gone within the week

Why so long? If this happening, it should have happened a week ago.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 16th, 2015, 12:48 am

E-Villan wrote:I can't believe there is actually a topic where an SIU fan is wanting Chris Lowery back, and an INSU fan is wanting Lansing gone. I don't think I have enough stupid tolerance to read this entire thread, but the few responses I have read appeared to be spot on.

Wasn't INSU picked to finish as a Thursday night team this year? I think that was pretty much a foregone conclusion. I really don't think INSU had as much talent as ILSU, UE and even Loyola, yet Lansing got them to 3rd place. Honestly, I think he has overachieved just about every year he has been there. Even with Odum, it never appeared they we just oozing with talent.

Seriously, if you think you can do better, fill his car with gas, and point him south on 41. We will be happy to take him off of your hands.

The poster who started this thread (dean_siu) registered on Kansas State's board as dean_ksu with the user title "We gave you Chris" the day KSU hired Lowery and has posted there ever since. Sadly, the SIU board banned him after years of posting because people couldn't contain themselves when responding to him. He seriously deserves his own reality tv gig.

His first post as dean_ksu:
http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic ... #msg512809

Congratulations KSU on putting one of this century's top college basketball coaching tandems back together again! It's true that Bruce Weber has struggled a bit in recent seasons, but his record with CLo as an assistant (at both SIU and UofI) is spectacular.

Anyone who is not on board with these hires seriously needs to research both these professionals just a little bit more. Chris will likely be gone to coach a top 25 program of his own within 5 seasons, but the Wildcats will be a national title contender every year until that time.

I'll be following your program closely and hope to make a few games myself during the years ahead. I also plan to contribute financially to KSU athletics as I'm done making donations to the SIU program after the senseless dismissal of Chris after this past season.

Enjoy the ride my friends. I have a strong feeling that this hire of former SIU coaches will work out even better than the last time KSU grabbed a Saluki to lead their basketball program.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 16th, 2015, 5:09 am

That's good stuff right there!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Statman » March 16th, 2015, 3:33 pm

E-Villan wrote:I can't believe there is actually a topic where an SIU fan is wanting Chris Lowery back, and an INSU fan is wanting Lansing gone. I don't think I have enough stupid tolerance to read this entire thread, but the few responses I have read appeared to be spot on.

"Stupid tolerance" must be a plentiful asset of yours, given the HIRING of Marty Simmons and retention as UE head coach. He's really filling the seats of Ford Center, isn't he? What was the UE avg this season, less than 4,500?

Do ya think that will pay the bills and leave a lil' extra for the "Help UE Basketball Fund?"

You comments are so contradictory...you brag about Lansing, then say that "even with Odum, ISU never appeared to be oozing w/ talent." :huh:

As far as Lowery, he'd be a perfect candidate to replace "Farty" Marty, given his E-ville heritage. Perhaps he & Calbert could renew their '90 Harrison HS vows?
Statman
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Aargh » March 16th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Statman wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
Wufan wrote:
I view this as a fairly weak argument and I'm not even sure what your argument is; that Lansing is a bad coach and bad for the Sycamore's? I think that the argument is that Lansing has done things for Indiana State that previous coaches did not do and that he does them with strong return on investment that you are unlikely to see on his pay scale.

Statman has an insane, irrational hatred of Lansing, and it's been the subject of nearly every post I've seen from him on here.

His argument is always that Lansing is terrible, in the face of all blatant evidence to the contrary.

What was the score of that Loyola game in St. Louis again? Sadly, it wasn't the final score, but the half-assed effort by players & coaches. Worst performance in years by an ISU men's hoop squad. Ya, pass it off as an aberration...that's YOUR problem. If Lansing's such a "blue ribbon" coach, why is he still in Terre Haute?

As far as the economic recovery, do think this was overcome by 2010? My proposition re: ISU hoop game attendance growth is attached to 2 factors, both GREATER than Lansing: 1) gradual economic recovery 2) ISU enrollment growth.

This is like playing slo-pitch using tennis balls and tennis rackets.

I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever run into the "if someone were good enough to be our coach, they'd be coaching at a better school" line of reasoning.

Let me take another swing. "Coaches who do not leave for better programs should be fired".

I love the "reasoning" that says that if your coach doesn't bolt for another school, you should fire him because that's proof he isn't any good.

That's why I keep reading MVCFans. You can't make stuff like this up.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby E-Villan » March 16th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Statman wrote:

"Stupid tolerance" must be a plentiful asset of yours, given the HIRING of Marty Simmons and retention as UE head coach. He's really filling the seats of Ford Center, isn't he? What was the UE avg this season, less than 4,500?

Do ya think that will pay the bills and leave a lil' extra for the "Help UE Basketball Fund?"

You comments are so contradictory...you brag about Lansing, then say that "even with Odum, ISU never appeared to be oozing w/ talent." :huh:

As far as Lowery, he'd be a perfect candidate to replace "Farty" Marty, given his E-ville heritage. Perhaps he & Calbert could renew their '90 Harrison HS vows?

Just because I think Lansing is a good coach who is overachieving in Terre Haute, doesn't mean I support Marty in the least. I think if you had bothered to read my entire post, with the last line stating we would be happy to take him off of your hands, you would have understood that.

As for Lowery, UE has made some dumb hiring decisions, but it is a safe bet that Lowery will never see the home team locker room at the Ford Center.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby IndyTreeFan » March 16th, 2015, 6:53 pm

I would just like to throw out there that not all Sycamore fans are idiots. Just sayin... :huh:
IndyTreeFan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby jwa123 » March 16th, 2015, 8:21 pm

mvcfan wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:Hearing Geno should be gone within the week

Why so long? If this happening, it should have happened a week ago.

Because Bradley did not have an AD last week. Rumor has it they just hired one.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball