1st MVC Coach to Get Shitcanned

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st MVC Coach to Get Shitcanned

Postby PapaBear » March 5th, 2015, 6:14 pm

Many of those (even if they leave) would never come to BU as you said--( Stallings--Gregory--Altman etc--) i have no idea/prediction who BU will select--I thought Jerrance Howard was a possibility until his marijuana issues surfaced recently :roll: ---the one guy I would not mind seeing is the D III coach from Augustana (Giovanine ) who actually beat BU in the pre-season--he seems like an up and comer :wink:
Bear down
PapaBear
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » March 5th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Has Lusk been fired yet?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » March 5th, 2015, 8:17 pm

BCPanther wrote:Geno is gone for sure, 25% chance Lusk is gone, 5% chance Marty goes. Everyone else is back.

I think it's more likely Marty Simmons is the next coach at Indiana than UE firing him.

P.S.: That's way less than a 5% chance.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby NeutralObserver » March 6th, 2015, 6:55 am

glm38 wrote:
bleach wrote:Hopefully it is Lusk but probably won't be. Geno is best bet and there is no way it's Barry.

I agree. I think Barry deserves another year to turn things around because of the disaster he inherited. Too bad about Geno. Everyone says he's a great guy but it seems like he can't get it done. Sounds like he'll be gone after this year. His contract is up right?

I think Lusk works hard but he's just not getting it done either. Unless he completely changes how he does things that's unlikely to change. Until he's gone the Bears will be at best mediocre and at worst a play in team. That stupid contract extension will likely haunt us for years.

What's with the contract extensions being handed to "one hit wonders" on a regular basis now? Surely the debacle at Southern Illinois with Lowery should have been a warning shot before Lusk got his? Don't have any sympathy for schools that put themselves in that position without much real thought. Extend a year or maybe a couple but multiple years.................................???????????????

:huh:
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby saluki762 » March 6th, 2015, 8:47 am

NeutralObserver wrote:
glm38 wrote:
bleach wrote:Hopefully it is Lusk but probably won't be. Geno is best bet and there is no way it's Barry.

I agree. I think Barry deserves another year to turn things around because of the disaster he inherited. Too bad about Geno. Everyone says he's a great guy but it seems like he can't get it done. Sounds like he'll be gone after this year. His contract is up right?

I think Lusk works hard but he's just not getting it done either. Unless he completely changes how he does things that's unlikely to change. Until he's gone the Bears will be at best mediocre and at worst a play in team. That stupid contract extension will likely haunt us for years.

What's with the contract extensions being handed to "one hit wonders" on a regular basis now? Surely the debacle at Southern Illinois with Lowery should have been a warning shot before Lusk got his? Don't have any sympathy for schools that put themselves in that position without much real thought. Extend a year or maybe a couple but multiple years.................................???????????????

:huh:

Unfortunately it is what you have to do. SIU also extended Barry and Bradley extended Geno. I would guess ISU will give one to Muller this offseason.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » March 6th, 2015, 8:49 am

saluki762 wrote:Unfortunately it is what you have to do. SIU also extended Barry and Bradley extended Geno. I would guess ISU will give one to Muller this offseason.

It isn't the extensions that are the problem, it's the buyouts.

Extensions are pretty much required right now so your coach can go into a recruits home and tell them they will be their coach for the next 4 years. But the buyout thing has to get fixed.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » March 6th, 2015, 9:12 am

Cdizzle wrote:
saluki762 wrote:Unfortunately it is what you have to do. SIU also extended Barry and Bradley extended Geno. I would guess ISU will give one to Muller this offseason.

Extensions are pretty much required right now so your coach can go into a recruits home and tell them they will be their coach for the next 4 years. But the buyout thing has to get fixed.

I think administrators also feel validated even if there is little to no substance behind a surprise year or run. And I think there is a strong desire to "cash in" on losing their coach-so you put up ridiculous numbers in hopes to leverage that out of a future employer.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dawgbit » March 6th, 2015, 10:04 am

dean_siu wrote:I'm really hoping its Barry, but I'm not sure SIU will make a move until a new AD is confirmed. It would likely make the AD job more attractive to quality candidates though. Knowing you wouldn't have to deal with an imbecile like Barry even one day would be an incredible positive.

After SIU's first round loss, lets hope Barry is shitcanned immediately and headed to the unemployment line.

Anyone agree? Or think other coaches are on the chopping block this weekend?

Thank you for your input Mrs. Lowery. And oh, by the way, SIU won last night. Hope you are not too disappointed.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » March 6th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

There's no reason a coach should always be sitting with a minimum of four years left on a contract.

It's absurd the Geno got extended after year two of a five-year contract!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » March 6th, 2015, 7:17 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

There's no reason a coach should always be sitting with a minimum of four years left on a contract.

It's absurd the Geno got extended after year two of a five-year contract!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball