EVANSVILLE postseason

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: EVANSVILLE postseason

Postby hot nuts » April 2nd, 2015, 8:30 pm

Great run thru the tourney, Aces! Gonna be a real tough team next year.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Rambler63 » April 2nd, 2015, 9:35 pm

Congratulations to Evansville! It's a pretty good testament to the toughness and competitiveness of the league that five teams won postseason tournament games, two won postseason tournament championships, and the league's overall postseason record was 14-3. Not a single team finished worse than .500 in postseason, including two in the NCAA. In the process the MVC climbed to 9th in Conference RPI, passing the WCC.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » April 3rd, 2015, 5:16 am

Rambler63 wrote:Congratulations to Evansville! It's a pretty good testament to the toughness and competitiveness of the league that five teams won postseason tournament games, two won postseason tournament championships, and the league's overall postseason record was 14-3. Not a single team finished worse than .500 in postseason, including two in the NCAA. In the process the MVC climbed to 9th in Conference RPI, passing the WCC.

Hell of an end to the year!
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » April 3rd, 2015, 5:39 am

Congrats to the Aces! Only 4 teams end the year with a win and two of them were in the MVC. Next year Ramblers and Aces need to compete in the NIT.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 3rd, 2015, 7:46 am

As a UNI fan I'll apologize for hurting the post season win % of the league by going 1-1 in the NCAAs
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 3rd, 2015, 9:39 am

uniftw wrote:As a UNI fan I'll apologize for hurting the post season win % of the league by going 1-1 in the NCAAs

This is great stuff. Pretty good post-season for the Valley. Wish we had one more NCAA win, and had another team in the NIT.

If we can get to where we're putting 2 teams in the NCAAs and 2 teams in the NIT most years, I'll feel a lot better about the conference. I can see signs that the league might be heading back in that direction.

Congrats to Loyola and UE. Hopefully both teams build on this next year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » April 3rd, 2015, 10:17 am

Thanks to the fans of other MVC teams for the kind words. Can we borrow some of your students for our student section. I can remember when I attended between Fall '76 - Spring '80 we had to usually get to Roberts Stadium early to be sure to get a seat.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby NeutralObserver » April 3rd, 2015, 11:09 am

Great job Aces. I like the "if we are in it let's win it" attitude if not spoken but displayed by both the Aces and Ramblers. :bow:
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby indymoon » April 3rd, 2015, 11:32 am

Wufan wrote:Congrats to the Aces! Only 4 teams end the year with a win and two of them were in the MVC. Next year Ramblers and Aces need to compete in the NIT.

Maybe even the NCAA tourney?
indymoon
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » April 3rd, 2015, 12:00 pm

indymoon wrote:
Wufan wrote:Congrats to the Aces! Only 4 teams end the year with a win and two of them were in the MVC. Next year Ramblers and Aces need to compete in the NIT.

Maybe even the NCAA tourney?

That's crazy-talk.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball