MVC players moving on

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC players moving on

Postby tribecalledquest » April 29th, 2015, 9:08 pm

Bradley's Omari Grier joins the list of BU departures. He is the 7th Brave transferring out. He will graduate and will have one year left and can play immediately. He is originally from New Jersey. He came to BU from Florida Atlantic.

He was a decent scorer who averaged 9.2 ppg.

Right now Bradley has five scholarship players left from last season.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » April 30th, 2015, 5:18 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley's Omari Grier joins the list of BU departures. He is the 7th Brave transferring out. He will graduate and will have one year left and can play immediately. He is originally from New Jersey. He came to BU from Florida Atlantic.

He was a decent scorer who averaged 9.2 ppg.

Right now Bradley has five scholarship players left from last season.

How many players have been signed for next year?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Majik45 » April 30th, 2015, 6:56 am

Bradley got 4 commits in the last 2 weeks, all from incoming Freshman and all guards. 2 of the players, Antoine Pittman and Joel Okafor, were recruits that committed to Wardle at UWGB and flipped since all of the coaching staff left up there. 1 is a player from London, Dwayne Lautier Ogunleye. Another is Ronnie Suggs, who went to a prep school last year. All 4 players are guards/wing players.

Bradley still has 3 or 4 rides to give, and desperately needs Post players, as Mike Shaw is the only Post player currently committed or on the roster at this point.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » May 2nd, 2015, 12:54 pm

stl scooter wrote:DU's Karl Madison is leaving per @VerbalCommits on twitter.

I am hearing that Madison was approved a 6th year by the NCAA....and that he will be back with Drake next season. Bulldogs played much better after Karl became the starting point guard. Not an offensive threat, but a very steadying influence, and Drake's best defensive player.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Drakey » May 2nd, 2015, 2:26 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

I am hearing that Madison was approved a 6th year by the NCAA....and that he will be back with Drake next season. Bulldogs played much better after Karl became the starting point guard. Not an offensive threat, but a very steadying influence, and Drake's best defensive player.

In addition to leading the team in turnovers per minute played other than our center who can't catch the ball. I think Rivers is a better defender who makes better passes and can shoot.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » May 2nd, 2015, 2:59 pm

Drakey wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

In addition to leading the team in turnovers per minute played other than our center who can't catch the ball. I think Rivers is a better defender who makes better passes and can shoot.

Averaged 2.7 turnovers per 40 minutes played....not like he was a turnover machine, a la Lonnie Randolph. 2nd best A:TO ratio on the team at 1.8:1. FWIW, Madison won the award for best defensive player at the team's banquet....an award selected by people who know far more about basketball than you and I put together. :Cheers:

Having said all that, I hope that Madison rarely sees the floor next season, because that would mean Woodward and/or Rivers are doing a good job handling the point guard position. I prefer having a team on the floor where all 5 players are scoring threats.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby veeny009 » May 5th, 2015, 6:55 am

During conference play, where Karl became the starter, Karl Madison averaged 1.9 turnovers per 40 minutes, which was second BEST on the team.

Considering he possessed the ball far more than anyone else on the team during that stretch, I'd say that's not so bad.
veeny009
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 5th, 2015, 9:43 am

It sounds like Bradley senior guard Anthony Fields will not be returning for his 5th year. He may be done playing basketball as he has battled injuries.

That mean's with yesterday's commitment Bradley is still at four scholarships left to give. The only returning scholarship players now are:

Mike Shaw, Sr, F
Ka'Darryl Bell, Sr, G
Warren Jones, Sr, G
Donte Thomas, Fr, F
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby KCfan » June 11th, 2015, 9:13 pm

ptownbraves wrote:
bigdawg wrote:Any word on where Cunningham is going? Seems like he is the biggest fish transferring out.

Nothing official on Cunningham yet. There's a decent chance he follows ex-Bradley/Chicago AAU coach Chin Coleman wherever he lands since Chin was key to Bradley landing Cunningham in the first place. No doubt he's getting attention from some bigger schools too. He probably has some options.

Cunningham commits to Dayton? Really surprised that a player of his caliber would leave to go to an A-10 program.
KCfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » June 12th, 2015, 11:18 am

Yeah, the A10 totally sucks. So does Dayton. They are always terrible.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball