MVC players moving on

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC players moving on

Postby stl scooter » March 24th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Twitter is reporting that SIU guard Jalen Pendleton will transfer.
The preceding lesson in basketball is free of charge.
stl scooter
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » March 24th, 2015, 6:24 pm

stl scooter wrote:Twitter is reporting that SIU guard Jalen Pendleton will transfer.

Preemptively, I'm just going to say that Hinson should be fired and they should bring back Lowery.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Godawgs90 » March 24th, 2015, 6:41 pm

okay dean_siu, i didnt realize you changed your name lol
Godawgs90
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Rambler63 » March 24th, 2015, 7:52 pm

Thurman and Lavender are tough hits. I guess we'll see some departures from Bradley, too. Indiana State had a pretty good season, so I'm especially surprised by Bennett. We'll have to wait until Evansville and Loyola are through to see if anyone else bolts, but it's hard to imagine anyone from Loyola leaving after such a good season relative to expectations. Unlike last year, Moser did a pretty good job of giving PT to a lot of young players.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » March 24th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Wufan wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
pafan wrote:Gavin Thurman announced on Twitter that he would not be returning to MSU.
https://twitter.com/GavinThurman/status ... 6129708032

What a train wreck.

I don't think I've ever seen a program so thoroughly demolished in a single year. Most of us had high hopes for MoSt this year, and now ... there's no hope in sight.

I don't know...he was talented but not productive. MSU is hiring a good JUCO coach to be an assistant and he's going to bring his two AAs with him I believe.

If MSU is replacing him with two JUCO AAs, that definitely changes the importance from the loss of Thurman.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » March 25th, 2015, 2:47 am

We could have got the two jucos and still kept Gavin. They are 2 separate issues.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » March 25th, 2015, 5:17 am

bleach wrote:We could have got the two jucos and still kept Gavin. They are 2 separate issues.

What's the speculation on why Gavin is leaving?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ahunte1 » March 25th, 2015, 9:14 am

Rambler63 wrote: We'll have to wait until Evansville and Loyola are through to see if anyone else bolts, but it's hard to imagine anyone from Loyola leaving after such a good season relative to expectations. Unlike last year, Moser did a pretty good job of giving PT to a lot of young players.

I always expect someone to leave because it's just the nature of the game now. Playing time isn't always the main driver. (Osborne was a starter.)

Rambler63 wrote:Indiana State had a pretty good season, so I'm especially surprised by Bennett.

My only time seeing Bennett this year was at the Loyola game at Arch Madness. There was a very weird vibe when he made a pretty aggressive foul down 30 with 4 seconds left. Lansing looked sick.
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » March 25th, 2015, 9:28 am

ahunte1 wrote:
Rambler63 wrote:My only time seeing Bennett this year was at the Loyola game at Arch Madness. There was a very weird vibe when he made a pretty aggressive foul down 30 with 4 seconds left. Lansing looked sick.

I remember that play.....the official didn't officially kick Bennett out of the game, but he walked him over to the ISU bench and said something to Lansing. It was almost like some kind of unofficial ejection.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glm38 » March 25th, 2015, 11:38 am

Wufan wrote:
bleach wrote:We could have got the two jucos and still kept Gavin. They are 2 separate issues.

What's the speculation on why Gavin is leaving?

Lots of random speculation. He was Marcus Marshall's long-time roommate so that may have factored into it. I don't think anyone knows for sure (fans).

But as someone else said he just never really produced at MSU. He showed flashes of great offensive ability but was totally inconsistent even on offense.

Lusk is sure trying hard to right the ship. He's going hard after several quality jucos. I don't think he's the right guy long term but we'll see i guess. I really think this next year is his "make or break" year. If we have another year at the bottom I think he's gone even with a buyout left.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball