MVC players moving on

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC players moving on

Postby tribecalledquest » April 1st, 2015, 2:03 pm

I think Bradley will return three scholarship players off the current team. Of course, when you finish last does it matter?

SIU and Bradley could combine current rosters and still finish last.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » April 1st, 2015, 2:10 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:I think Bradley will return three scholarship players off the current team. Of course, when you finish last does it matter?

SIU and Bradley could combine current rosters and still finish last.
Will they be able to fill a roster with the two of them combined?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » April 1st, 2015, 2:21 pm

Dave Reynolds now confirming 4 more names: Sutherland, Wells, Amerson, Morgan.

With Cunningham and Thomas, we're up to 6 today.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby rlh04d » April 1st, 2015, 2:44 pm

Cdizzle wrote:There may be nothing wrong with the guys he recruited. I just don't like coaches recruiting while on salary at one school, using their resources, and then taking the recruits with them when they change jobs.

:+1:
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » April 1st, 2015, 3:00 pm

Ultimately it's up to the players, as it should be. The situation they committed to has changed in a significant way and they should have the opportunity to reevaluate. They're not chattel.

Wardle had one of his Horizon players get drafted last year, and another one might get drafted this year and just won honorable mention AA honors. Not to mention Butler made a couple Final Fours with Horizon players. If Wardle believes any player he recruited at GB could help us I'm all for it. God knows some Horizon players could have helped the 14-15 Braves.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » April 1st, 2015, 3:05 pm

Mikovio wrote:Ultimately it's up to the players, as it should be. The situation they committed to has changed in a significant way and they should have the opportunity to reevaluate. They're not chattel.

I absolutely agree that players should have the opportunity to reevaluate. I believe the school should let them out of their commitment. I do not think the departing coach should poach them.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 1st, 2015, 3:06 pm

Cdizzle wrote:le on salary at one school, using their resources, and then taking the recruits with them when they change jobs.

I don't think it would happen that way if it does. I think all of the GB recruits will remain committed to GB if Brian Barone gets the job. If not then the entire staff that recruited you is gone. I would be shocked if guys DIDN'T get out of their LOI's if that were the case, regardless of the school.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 1st, 2015, 3:06 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Mikovio wrote:Ultimately it's up to the players, as it should be. The situation they committed to has changed in a significant way and they should have the opportunity to reevaluate. They're not chattel.

I absolutely agree that players should have the opportunity to reevaluate. I believe the school should let them out of their commitment. I do not think the departing coach should poach them.

Agreed. But I think they can get out of their LOI and go to the new school where that coach is and it not be poaching.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 1st, 2015, 3:15 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

Agreed. But I think they can get out of their LOI and go to the new school where that coach is and it not be poaching.

The players should be allowed to look elsewhere if they desire. The coach should encourage them to stay. If the players specifically request to follow the coach, they should be allowed to. The coach should not work to bring them with him.

A coach that goes out of his way to bring his recruits with him, IMO, lacks character.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 1st, 2015, 3:19 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

You said 'Agreed' and then completely disagreed with everything I said, ha!

This is one of those points that I feel pretty strongly about, but I also completely understand how/why other people feel differently and it doesn't bother me much.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball