Tourney Talk-Friday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Tourney Talk-Friday

Postby Ricardo del Rio » March 20th, 2015, 9:44 pm

W.T.G. Cats. Extra nice win. My bracket is shot, but I still have you in the Final 4.

I had family, so I could not see the game except for one play. Lefty drove the paint. That is all I saw.

In the last month of regular season play, Louisville really struggle, particularly after they canned the ganster.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Shockerfan13 » March 20th, 2015, 9:54 pm

Kyle wrote:I really hope the WSU and UNI games don't overlap again. I'm looking forward to watching another MVC team take their turn beating Kansas in the tourney.

You got your wish

WSU vs KU on CBS at 4:15pm CST

UNI vs Louisville on TBS at 8:40pm CST
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » March 21st, 2015, 12:10 am

Kyle wrote:I really hope the WSU and UNI games don't overlap again. I'm looking forward to watching another MVC team take their turn beating Kansas in the tourney.

Yah, that sucked. Only was able to watch parts of the first half of the UNI game.

Was scoreboard watching though.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby carrcar » March 21st, 2015, 10:56 am

Trapped in CA wrote:Over / under on the number of fights in the stands for the KU shocker game?

I understand that Wichita St. and Kansas are in the same state, so the talking heads keep calling it a rivalry. One of them just said one of the biggest rivalries in college basketball. My question is how can you have a rivalry when the teams rarely played each other. Good story line yes, good teams, yes. Should it be a good game yes, but how is it a rivalry?
carrcar
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » March 21st, 2015, 11:23 am

carrcar wrote:
Trapped in CA wrote:Over / under on the number of fights in the stands for the KU shocker game?

I understand that Wichita St. and Kansas are in the same state, so the talking heads keep calling it a rivalry. One of them just said one of the biggest rivalries in college basketball. My question is how can you have a rivalry when the teams rarely played each other. Good story line yes, good teams, yes. Should it be a good game yes, but how is it a rivalry?

It's a Cold War rivalry where both institutions talk down to each other. It's not an actual rivalry on the court. KU is 12-2 against WSU in the last 100 years. WSU beat KU in the round of 16. That's all there is on the court.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 21st, 2015, 11:57 am

purple&orange wrote:
The only other pair of games I could see taking that would be Michigan State-Virginia but mostly because Duke is also there and attracts attention, however with the 3 year run of WSU and the storyline of a state title game essentially, I would guess the Shockers and Panthers will not overlap.

Of course Duke is the national game, silly :D

The NCAA's done some very questionable things with TV windows and start times. Their insistence on Kentucky getting a national audience means everyone's subjected to UCLA/UAB, and Dayton/Providence tipped at 10:52PM local time last night.

Frankly it's a gift they've got the 2 MVC teams playing at different times tomorrow.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby purple&orange » March 21st, 2015, 4:05 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:
purple&orange wrote:
The only other pair of games I could see taking that would be Michigan State-Virginia but mostly because Duke is also there and attracts attention, however with the 3 year run of WSU and the storyline of a state title game essentially, I would guess the Shockers and Panthers will not overlap.

Of course Duke is the national game, silly :D

The NCAA's done some very questionable things with TV windows and start times. Their insistence on Kentucky getting a national audience means everyone's subjected to UCLA/UAB, and Dayton/Providence tipped at 10:52PM local time last night.

Frankly it's a gift they've got the 2 MVC teams playing at different times tomorrow.

We can always dream about the NCAA doing the right thing......maybe one day.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby rlh04d » March 21st, 2015, 8:39 pm

I thought UNI would beat Villanova, but their path just became a lot easier if they can get past Louisville.

UNI's a better team than Louisville and a much better team than NC State. Go do this.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » March 21st, 2015, 9:23 pm

I'm trying to corral my expectations, but our path to the final four just got a lot easier.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Trapped in CA » March 21st, 2015, 11:56 pm

Kyle wrote:I'm trying to corral my expectations, but our path to the final four just got a lot easier.

The computers like our chances. However, computers don't shoot or guard. ANY foul trouble for Louisville is a big deal.

While does this have to be the last game?
Trapped in CA
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball