Tourney Talk- Sunday WSU vs KU, UNI vs UL

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Tourney Talk- Sunday WSU vs KU, UNI vs UL

Postby DUShock » March 23rd, 2015, 6:59 am

UNI had an off night, hopefully they build from here. The panther's had a wonderful season.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ahunte1 » March 23rd, 2015, 7:36 am

congrats to the panthers and fans on a great season. Sorry it has to end last night. It hurts more when you don't play your best in your last game. Tough loss, but nothing to be ashamed of.

Keep it rolling, Shockers!
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Play Angry » March 23rd, 2015, 11:05 am

'Grats to the Panthers- you all had a terrific year and I enjoyed the friendly back and forth between our two fan bases throughout the season. You have a lot to be proud of.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » March 23rd, 2015, 11:35 am

I think this season has gone a long way toward fostering mutual respect between the UNI and WSU fan bases. We can achieve success in different ways and respect the hell out of one another for doing what each program does so well.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby wgslaw » March 23rd, 2015, 11:57 am

Great season UNI. Heck of a team. Was driving back from Omaha so I only saw the tail end of the game. I hoped for a win. Come back strong next year.

ISU is on the brink. We just need more to step up. It helps everyone.
wgslaw
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby mvcfan » March 23rd, 2015, 3:38 pm

Congratulations on a fine year UNI. I agree that this wasn't your best effort. This may not apply to all players,But as a team, I thought they weren't nearly as aggressive as I've seen them. Their defense, rebounding, and 50/50 balls had some players standing around instead of fighting with their hair on fire. UL a little quicker, and seemed to win those battles. That is where experience wins. Trez Harrell, Rozier,and others have been there before. It is new to UNI. Just my opinion.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 23rd, 2015, 3:46 pm

Certain players looked tight. They didn't look like the same loose, free flowing team that we are used to. It did appear that some of the nerves got to them last night. It was a rough way to lose. Had we gone out there and I thought we played well yet Louisville still won then it probably wouldn't have stung nearly as bad.

Watching that game last night Louisville looked like a really really good team though. Rozier was unstoppable, and Harrell was well Harrell. This looked like a vintage Louisville team, and not one that people thought was a little down. Pitino said they played their best game all year. You can't afford to have an off night like we did when you play a team with the talent Louisville has. I said at half I thought we were being out coached to a friend of mine. Pitino knew exactly what we were going to do, and we didn't look like we had an answer for any of the defenses they were going to run. A matchup with a team like Louisville is a little tough to prepare for when you only have 1 day to prepare.

No excuses though. We didn't do what needed to be done to win that game. Was still a fun year, and really sucks that it is over.

Good Luck to the Shox the rest of the way! :Yea!: :Yea!:
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bleach » March 23rd, 2015, 6:17 pm

Just a bad matchup for UNI. That factor gets really overlooked.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball