Alabama prepared to make big run at Gregg Marshall

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Alabama prepared to make big run at Gregg Marshall

Postby SHOXMVC » March 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm

So, in your previous comment are you saying that coaches taking their recruits with them means they don't have class? I mean it kinda sucks for the school losing the players but I don't think most people would call that offensive. Remember when Jank took Nic Moore with him to SMU? Man that hurts now more than ever :Bam:[/quote]

Sorry your moral compass is lost dude.
:Bam:
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » March 30th, 2015, 8:42 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
SHOXMVC wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:Only issue is when current/incoming players open their recruitment because Marshall is no longer their coach. Wherever he goes, he could potentially take some guys with him too. Whoever the new coach is will have to re-recruit everyone. I remember when Jank had to do that with Osiris.

I also don't think the next coach will get $1mil + to start. No wiggle room to incentivize for maintaining a successful program

Marshall remains at 21st and Hillside.

Even if he did go, and Birdbrain put your extra special listening cap on, Marshall has this thing called class. What that means in this situation is he would not even almost take a WSU recruit with him. It's a concept, in time, you might catch on to.

Dude.....why so personal? Let's keep this to an honest discussion. Whether is consider class or classless, these things happen all the time. I guess my next question would be, did Marshall bring anyone with him when he first came on to WSU?

Marshall did not.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 30th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:I still don't think Marshall will leave this year but a hypothetical serious question for wsu fans

If he does go to Bama do you think the top recruits would re-open their committments? I dont know much on their situations like if certain assistant coaches were key in recruitment, or if it was a lot more than just Marshall that made them want to commit to wsu. Just wondering your thoughts. Thanks

No one has ant more idea about that then they do if Marshall will stay, but I doubt it would be surprising if they did.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 30th, 2015, 8:45 pm

jwa123 wrote:
rlh04d wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:Only issue is when current/incoming players open their recruitment because Marshall is no longer their coach. Wherever he goes, he could potentially take some guys with him too. Whoever the new coach is will have to re-recruit everyone. I remember when Jank had to do that with Osiris.

I also don't think the next coach will get $1mil + to start. No wiggle room to incentivize for maintaining a successful program

Is it just me or have Redbird fans been going on the offensive as of late over the possibility that the coach that has owned them might go away?

Not me as I would rather Marshall stays than leaves.

I know you despise anything and everything that pertains to ISUr and you base this upon the fan base that posts on forums. I would agree we have our share that pull at the thought of credibility. However, if you would take a moment and look impartially at WSU posters you would not see any difference. We both have our share of hateful people and dingbats. You judge an entire fan base because of things written on a fan forum by people who hide behind a screen name.

Posters on forums do not represent an entire fan base. As an example, should I judge the entire WSU fan base by ChampionZ and his brethren or by the WSU fans I met and interacted with in St Louis? I will choose the latter. They were all courteous and willing to interact on a friendly manner. These folks are the majority of the WSU fans and likewise the majority of the fans at ISUr are good people.

Well said.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » March 31st, 2015, 4:51 am

Some interesting, some humorous, some confident Tide fans statements. http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243778&page=121
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » March 31st, 2015, 9:58 am

More Redbird fans seem concerned with this topic than WSU fans.

That right there speaks volumes.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » March 31st, 2015, 10:25 am

The offer from Bama is 4.2M for 6 years. Gregg has till Friday to decide. Word is Lynn and kids don't want to go. Gregg is looking at it as one more move before he retires, so it better be the right financial package. He doesn't want to coach forever. The cons for going to Bama are no real fan commitment to basketball; s*** team next year; 2-3 year rebuilding plan; SEC is the SEC, cheating is almost an excepted practice...Bama fans probably alright with it if it yields results. WSU can probably get to 2.1 or 2.2M base, with incentives bringing it to 2.5+. The only reason he leaves is for the money.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby acepurple84 » March 31st, 2015, 10:39 am

SHOXMVC wrote:The offer from Bama is 4.2M for 6 years. Gregg has till Friday to decide. Word is Lynn and kids don't want to go. Gregg is looking at it as one more move before he retires, so it better be the right financial package. He doesn't want to coach forever. The cons for going to Bama are no real fan commitment to basketball; s*** team next year; 2-3 year rebuilding plan; SEC is the SEC, cheating is almost an excepted practice...Bama fans probably alright with it if it yields results. WSU can probably get to 2.1 or 2.2M base, with incentives bringing it to 2.5+. The only reason he leaves is for the money.

Well you know what they say then. "If momma not happy, Nobody's happy". Hope he stays :)
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » March 31st, 2015, 10:54 am

I hope he stays as well. 4.2 million. That's incredible. I'll bet this is an agonizing decision for him.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ilstubirds250 » March 31st, 2015, 11:27 am

Championz wrote:More Redbird fans seem concerned with this topic than WSU fans.

That right there speaks volumes.

This guy... :roll:
ilstubirds250
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball