Alabama prepared to make big run at Gregg Marshall

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Alabama prepared to make big run at Gregg Marshall

Postby Kyle » March 31st, 2015, 9:52 pm

The UNI v Loyola game contained about 200 Loyola fans, 200 UNI fans, and 100 kids from Muldelein High School.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » April 1st, 2015, 5:22 am

WSU might still be rising and UNI is a consistent and occasionally great force. Illinois State is poised for a dance invite. Loyola is improving and UE and ISUb provide stability in the middle of the pack. Drake and Bradley have reasons for optimism. Only SIU and MSU appear to be sinking ships.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 1st, 2015, 9:17 am

Wufan wrote:WSU might still be rising and UNI is a consistent and occasionally great force. Illinois State is poised for a dance invite. Loyola is improving and UE and ISUb provide stability in the middle of the pack. Drake and Bradley have reasons for optimism. Only SIU and MSU appear to be sinking ships.

The conference is going in the right direction.

It's a matter of keeping the foot on the gas of the bus driving it forward, not setting the cruise control and waiting for traffic around us to fly by.

I'm well on record here about 2 months ago not real happy with the loyola add based on the fan support I'm seeing.

That needs to change if I'm going to change my opinion of Loyola
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rally » April 1st, 2015, 12:15 pm

Wufan wrote:If Marshall were to leave, the legitamate home run hire would be Archie Miller in my mind.

That would be a home run, but Archie wouldn't even pick up the phone.
rally
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby rlh04d » April 1st, 2015, 2:41 pm

rally wrote:
Wufan wrote:If Marshall were to leave, the legitamate home run hire would be Archie Miller in my mind.

Making $450k? Yeah, he'd pick up the phone. WSU could realistically quadruple his base salary and still offer good incentives.

On the other hand, as a program, WSU is more or less a lateral move, so I don't think he'd take the job. Dayton has many of the same strengths as WSU, in a better conference. But his salary is ridiculously low for a very good coach at a school averaging 12,300 attendance with TV revenue.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rally » April 1st, 2015, 3:43 pm

rlh04d wrote:
rally wrote:

Making $450k? Yeah, he'd pick up the phone. WSU could realistically quadruple his base salary and still offer good incentives.

On the other hand, as a program, WSU is more or less a lateral move, so I don't think he'd take the job. Dayton has many of the same strengths as WSU, in a better conference. But his salary is ridiculously low for a very good coach at a school averaging 12,300 attendance with TV revenue.

He's making a lot more than that. Limited info out there, but he made $650K in calendar year 2012, his first full year. A couple years plus two raises/extensions later, you can guess at how much he is actually making now.
rally
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » April 1st, 2015, 3:48 pm

rally wrote:[He's making a lot more than that. Limited info out there, but he made $650K in calendar year 2012, his first full year. A couple years plus two raises/extensions later, you can guess at how much he is actually making now.

Do you have a number? I'm curious what it is. He's definitely going to be a hot ticket on the coaching market the next few years.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rally » April 1st, 2015, 4:13 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
rally wrote:[He's making a lot more than that. Limited info out there, but he made $650K in calendar year 2012, his first full year. A couple years plus two raises/extensions later, you can guess at how much he is actually making now.

Do you have a number? I'm curious what it is. He's definitely going to be a hot ticket on the coaching market the next few years.

I could make a guess, but I don't have an actual number.
rally
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby March » April 1st, 2015, 4:54 pm

March
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Wufan » April 1st, 2015, 5:08 pm

rally wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

I could make a guess, but I don't have an actual number.

Miller was given an extension this year with his base increasing from $350,000.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball