Evansville's "Big Mock"

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Evansville's "Big Mock"

Postby NeutralObserver » March 27th, 2015, 4:31 pm

He won't be at Evansville next season.This is from the Butler camp in an article in the Indianapolis Star today and I would guess they are not the only ones stalking the big guy?

As for Evansville center Egidijus Mockevicius, he will graduate from UE this May. He can transfer to another program and would be eligible immediately, from what I understand. But Evansville's season still is going on and he hasn't announced any intention of doing so. I'm not sure I'm comfortable commenting on a guy until he does. I've also heard rumors he may go back to his native Lithuania and play professionally.

But would he be a good fit with the Bulldogs? You betcha. He would be almost a perfect fit.
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Evansville's "Big Mock"

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Evansville's "Big Mock"

Postby Snaggletooth » March 27th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Perfect fit would be to transfer to WSU.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » March 27th, 2015, 7:34 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:Perfect fit would be to transfer to WSU.

Do in conference transfer rules apply to graduated players?

If so, you may consider hiring Mock's Dad to fill one of your assistant vacancies. Oh, and ask Marty to put on his friend hat.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » March 27th, 2015, 8:15 pm

If Mockevicius leaves, it would be for home and European professional ball.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » March 27th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Here's the article the OP was quoting

http://www.indystar.com/story/butler-insider/2015/03/26/bulldogs-looking-to-upgrade-roster-but-still-should-be-big-east-contenders-next-year/70502904/

I did not read it and come away thinking it said he would transfer.....it was a response to a question from a reader as to whether he'd be eligible to play right away if he did transfer.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby NeutralObserver » March 28th, 2015, 8:11 am

sixth ace wrote:If Mockevicius leaves, it would be for home and European professional ball.

It is not "If" he leaves, it is only "where" he goes. He won't be in Evansville anymore. Who would want to hang out with Marty any longer than necessary and only get the ball if Balentine decides not to shoot it? Why not play for a big-time program for a year with all their perks and then go back home? Also to the Wichita fan.........doubt he would want to sit out 2 yrs to play for your "storied" program, especially with Marshall having moved on.
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby E-Villan » March 28th, 2015, 9:04 am

You seem awful sure of yourself on these points. Mock may well leave, but transferring to a another school doesn't seem all that likely. I would put that scenario 3rd, behind staying and going back to Europe. I would also think if he did indeed transfer, it would only be for a chance to play in the national spotlight, and a NCAA Championship. Butler really offers neither of those. Plus, it's much more realistic they may be looking for a new coach. Your only source on Butler is a fan asking a blogger if Mock would be a fit there. Heck, he would be a fit in many, many programs.

Same for Marshall, you seem so sure he is off to Alabama or Texas. BOTH are huge football schools and I don't see Marshall ever leaving WSU for a backseat program on campus. He is making tall coin and is a certified hero in Wichita. He could go .500 for the next 5 years, and they will still erect a statue of him in the middle of campus. You don't give that up to be a 2nd fiddle in Austin or Tuscaloosa. IF he leaves, it will be a storied basketball school, such as Duke, NC, Indiana, etc.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby stl scooter » April 4th, 2015, 8:17 pm

Marty told reporters from the Evansville Couier & Press that he is "confident" that Egidijus will return to UE next season.

Not a guarantee for me, but I've never had a conversation with 'Big Mock.'
The preceding lesson in basketball is free of charge.
stl scooter
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby stl scooter » May 5th, 2015, 4:48 pm

It was announced that Egidijus will be returning to Lithuania this summer.
Thankfully, it will just be for a short time to practice with the national team. He will be banging in the paint up against Jonas Valenciunas (among others).
He tweeted that he will finish his eligibility at UE.
The preceding lesson in basketball is free of charge.
stl scooter
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UEACES80 » May 5th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Good news that E-Mo is returning and maybe he can talk to some other young players that UE was a good experience for him.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball