No votes
Muller
35%
Simmons
7%

Total votes : 54

Re: Most Disliked Valley Coach

Postby Kyle » March 28th, 2015, 9:58 pm

ShoxNAwe wrote:Big reason why Marshall is tops on the list? Jealousy. WSU fans wouldn't have it any other way. Let the butthurt burn.

If this is a major factor then why is Ben Jacobson not getting any votes? Outside of Marshall, he's had more success than all other MVC coaches combined.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbird Recon » March 28th, 2015, 10:01 pm

ShoxNAwe wrote:Big reason why Marshall is tops on the list?

He cuts in lIne.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ShoxNAwe » March 28th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Probably because Jacobson hasn't had nearly as much success as Marshall. Easy math.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kyle » March 28th, 2015, 10:13 pm

ShoxNAwe wrote:Probably because Jacobson hasn't had nearly as much success as Marshall. Easy math.

He's had more success than every other coach, but has yet to garner a single vote.

Hmmmmm....maybe there's more to being disliked than just jealousy?
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » March 29th, 2015, 12:20 am

Kyle wrote:
ShoxNAwe wrote:Probably because Jacobson hasn't had nearly as much success as Marshall. Easy math.

He's had more success than every other coach, but has yet to garner a single vote.

This was the most predictable poll in MVCfans history. It was a loaded question and was put out their by an obviously bored EU fan.

It's pretty obvious everybody will dislike the person who has owned them for the better part of 5 years. That's not rocket science. WSU has clearly dominated this league. Marshall has led the way for WSU. Thus, everybody hates him. Kinda like the Yankees. And it's also the reason why nobody hates the Astros.

You seem to be on a roll tonight? Could be an interesting year in Cedar Falls next year.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ilstubirds250 » March 29th, 2015, 2:34 am

My favorite coach is Championz.
ilstubirds250
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » March 29th, 2015, 8:02 am

I went Marty....

The fact that the term "Evansvilled" is a real thing is reason enough.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » March 29th, 2015, 9:18 am

I voted Muller, but I really don't actually dislike him.

I don't think there are any MVC coaches I truly dislike. I can see why people would dislike Marshall if he isn't their coach. I think outside of the most ridiculous IlSt fans, though, there aren't many people who have that much dislike for Marshall. Considering the ridiculous streak of success he's had, he's hardly been running up scores on Valley teams or being rude to anyone else. He is arrogant, and that's always going to rub people the wrong way if they're cheering against him.

I can see disliking Muller, just because of the trouble his players have gotten into under him, his own arrogance, and the quantity of T's he's piled up. But again I don't dislike him. He needs some maturing as a HC and I think he'll be fine in a few years.

Generally I don't think the MVC has any coaches that are just pricks. No one that verbally assaults players like McDermott used to do, no one throwing chairs like ol' Bobby Knight, no one that makes the Valley look bad in general.

I guess I could dislike Marty's coaching style, but I'm happy with Marty building a 15-21 win program at Evansville. Maybe Lusk would be #1 for me just based on pure bad performance.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby E-Villan » March 29th, 2015, 10:07 am

Championz wrote:
Kyle wrote:

This was the most predictable poll in MVCfans history. It was a loaded question and was put out their by an obviously bored EU fan.

It's pretty obvious everybody will dislike the person who has owned them for the better part of 5 years. That's not rocket science. WSU has clearly dominated this league. Marshall has led the way for WSU. Thus, everybody hates him. Kinda like the Yankees. And it's also the reason why nobody hates the Astros.

You seem to be on a roll tonight? Could be an interesting year in Cedar Falls next year.

Easy Baller...no need for the butthurt.

I can assure you I didn't and wouldn't vote for Marshall. I have nothing but absolute respect for what he has done there. I like the guy on and off the court.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ptownbraves » March 29th, 2015, 10:23 am

Marshall's coaching style is easy to dislike as an opposing fan because he gets so dramatic. Tossing his suit jacket into the bench/press row after a questionable call, coming WAY out onto the floor to shout at his players/refs during games, etc. Not saying it isn't effective at all, just that fans tend to notice that kind of stuff. I went to the SLU game last year and many fans were heckling Marshall by the end of the game. If you can get under the skin of a non-conference team's fans, then your coaching style will be disliked by your opponents, especially when you are the top dog in the conference.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball