No votes
Muller
35%
Simmons
7%

Total votes : 54

Re: Most Disliked Valley Coach

Postby glm38 » March 29th, 2015, 10:26 am

rlh04d wrote:I voted Muller, but I really don't actually dislike him.

I don't think there are any MVC coaches I truly dislike. I can see why people would dislike Marshall if he isn't their coach. I think outside of the most ridiculous IlSt fans, though, there aren't many people who have that much dislike for Marshall. Considering the ridiculous streak of success he's had, he's hardly been running up scores on Valley teams or being rude to anyone else. He is arrogant, and that's always going to rub people the wrong way if they're cheering against him.

I can see disliking Muller, just because of the trouble his players have gotten into under him, his own arrogance, and the quantity of T's he's piled up. But again I don't dislike him. He needs some maturing as a HC and I think he'll be fine in a few years.

Generally I don't think the MVC has any coaches that are just pricks. No one that verbally assaults players like McDermott used to do, no one throwing chairs like ol' Bobby Knight, no one that makes the Valley look bad in general.

I guess I could dislike Marty's coaching style, but I'm happy with Marty building a 15-21 win program at Evansville. Maybe Lusk would be #1 for me just based on pure bad performance.

When I saw this poll it made think of Knight too. Very good coach but.......
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Tom Servo » March 29th, 2015, 11:51 am

Mueller hands down. I like everything about Marshall, the way his team plays and the way they conduct themselves on the court.

Mueller is the complete opposite. He kept a guy on the team that punched a woman, in addition to the other growing list of questionable characters on the team. And who could forget the karate kick from Jackie Chan and the Lynch's face-stomp on Mock giving him a concussion.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdfan21 » March 29th, 2015, 11:55 am

Tom Servo wrote: and the Lynch's face-stomp on Mock giving him a concussion.

You mean when Mock was called for a blocking foul in the paint, fell down, and Reggie fell down on top of him? His feet were NO WHERE near Mock's head
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Rollbird5 » March 29th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Tom Servo wrote:Mueller hands down. I like everything about Marshall, the way his team plays and the way they conduct themselves on the court.

Mueller is the complete opposite. He kept a guy on the team that punched a woman, in addition to the other growing list of questionable characters on the team. And who could forget the karate kick from Jackie Chan and the Lynch's face-stomp on Mock giving him a concussion.

*Muller
One thing I will say about Muller is that he keeps his guys accountable and has grown and shaped them as men. This years team broke the basketball team gpa record as well, even while losing zeisloft who was around a 4.0 gpa I believe, so he is molding them as Student-athletes as well. The only questionable character on the team this year was Ransom, not exactly sure what was goin on with him, I heard he was late to practices but I'm sure there's a little more. Everybody else has been model citizens this year though so don't group the whole current team as questionable characters.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird23 » March 29th, 2015, 12:11 pm

Dan has received what maybe 3-4 t's in 3 years as a coach? It shows he cares about his team and wants them to play harder, he runs a tough ship and wants his players to excel in the classroom, in practice, in games, and in life that's why people like Ransom or Lofton do not get along with him. Also if refs had any balls to T up Marshall whenever he reacts to something how many would he have? He would get at least one a game...
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ilstubirds250 » March 29th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Tom Servo wrote:Mueller hands down. I like everything about Marshall, the way his team plays and the way they conduct themselves on the court.

There we have it! The most ignorant post in MVC fans history!
ilstubirds250
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PapaBear » March 29th, 2015, 12:36 pm

hot nuts wrote:Why isn't Wardle on this list!

Others really liked Geno--he was usually an easy "W" for them---hopefully for the gargoyle fans--Wardle will get some votes in a couple years :D
Bear down
PapaBear
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby bleach » March 29th, 2015, 12:55 pm

I voted for Lusk. He's a horrible coach but I still liked him until he didn't resign.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Tom Servo » March 29th, 2015, 2:37 pm

ilstubirds250 wrote:

There we have it! The most ignorant post in MVC fans history!

Here's the Knight story for those who forgot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/illinois-s ... ncaab.html

Check out the below link if you don't think Lynch stepped on Mock's face. He said he "accidently" did to the press.

http://www.courierpressblogs.com/sports ... d-to-play/

I didn't even mention the clothesline play Lynch pulled out of his bag of tricks against Adam Wing in St. Louis that went uncalled that led to the wide open, back-breaking three for Hawkins late in the game.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » March 29th, 2015, 2:41 pm

Redbird23 wrote:Dan has received what maybe 3-4 t's in 3 years as a coach? It shows he cares about his team and wants them to play harder,

Also if refs had any balls to T up Marshall whenever he reacts to something how many would he have? He would get at least one a game...

Holy crap, you actually just used getting technicals as a positive for Muller and a negative for Marshall in ONE PARAGRAPH.

You get more hilarious with every ridiculous post.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball