UNI inks Jake to new 10 yr deal

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI inks Jake to new 10 yr deal

Postby uniftw » April 3rd, 2015, 7:26 am

BCPanther wrote:Other aspects of deal other than money include...

Assistants guaranteed to be top 2 in the league.
The one commercial flight we take per year is now a charter.
Flexibility to buy a second game against a Top 100-150 opponent.

Related--Nike is tripling their financial commitment to Jake. We'll now be Nike Premier for Football and Men's Basketball. Whatever that means...

I think it has to do with more shoes, equipment, "better" uniforms at a better price...I.E. getting involved in the "next generation" of uniforms when they first come out...not getting them after they've been out for 2 or 3 years. More shoes, more shoe colors, etc...

Remember how big a deal it was when Nike sent UNI new purple shoes after breaking into the top 20? I think that is part of it going forward. Deal could be similar to what WSU has.

For example - the football programs uniforms that we got for the 2013 season I believe debuted in 2011 or 2012.

Football likely doesn't get new uniforms this season - just took team poster photos this week - and basketball goes on a 2 year rotation.

2016 is probably the first year to really "test" this uniform thing as football and basketball will both be in line for new uniforms. I wonder if this also means UNI is going to do the third uniform for basketball, or even football, more often. This years alternates for basketball were cheap because we had to pay for them. Getting a third sent with our standard uniforms would be part of it.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » April 3rd, 2015, 10:12 am

This is all really good stuff for UNI. Should continue to pay off down the road, both for UNI and the league.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 3rd, 2015, 3:25 pm

Excellent. I'm happier about UNI's commitments to the assistants than to Jake himself, in that I'm glad they didn't leave them out in the cold to focus just on Jake.

Doesn't sound like its' a problem now, but as mentioned, that'll be interesting if Bradley gets its act together. I can't really see UNI competing with a good Bradley program financially.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle » April 3rd, 2015, 9:28 pm

rlh04d wrote:

Excellent. I'm happier about UNI's commitments to the assistants than to Jake himself, in that I'm glad they didn't leave them out in the cold to focus just on Jake.

Doesn't sound like its' a problem now, but as mentioned, that'll be interesting if Bradley gets its act together. I can't really see UNI competing with a good Bradley program financially.

I agree, but I also never thought a UNI coach would make $500k and now we have a coach making almost double.

Every school has donors with deep pockets. UNI finally has an AD who is able to dig into some of those pockets.

We also have a recent UNI grad and former UNI athlete who is well on his way to becoming a multi-millionaire. Some expect he'll become a billionaire by the time he retires.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » April 5th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Kyle wrote:
Every school has donors with deep pockets.

That's not true.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » April 6th, 2015, 6:07 am

Kyle wrote:We also have a recent UNI grad and former UNI athlete who is well on his way to becoming a multi-millionaire. Some expect he'll become a billionaire by the time he retires.

Sorry bro, but Kurt Warner isn't going to become a billionaire.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » April 6th, 2015, 9:12 am

pafan wrote:
Kyle wrote:We also have a recent UNI grad and former UNI athlete who is well on his way to becoming a multi-millionaire. Some expect he'll become a billionaire by the time he retires.

If he is talking about who I think he is talking about you have more than likely never heard of this person before. He was not a famous or professional athlete.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » April 6th, 2015, 10:05 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
pafan wrote:

If he is talking about who I think he is talking about you have more than likely never heard of this person before. He was not a famous or professional athlete.

How am I this out of the loop with this person?

Was he an athlete at UNI though?

What sport?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » April 6th, 2015, 12:20 pm

uniftw wrote:

What sport?

I could be way off base and Kyle can correct me if I am wrong, but if it is who I think it is then he ran track at UNI.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » April 6th, 2015, 1:17 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
uniftw wrote:

What sport?

I could be way off base and Kyle can correct me if I am wrong, but if it is who I think it is then he ran track at UNI.

Is there a reason nobody is saying his name?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball