mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Gregg Marshall stays at Wichita

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » April 2nd, 2015, 4:19 am

mvcfan wrote:This is Top 5 or 6 coaching money.

I think he becomes #8 overall.

I just became a lot more comfortable with WSU staying in the Valley, knowing we can put together money like that just from donors. If WSU can put out a top 10 coach salary without TV revenue ... I'm not that concerned about TV revenue anymore.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » April 2nd, 2015, 6:03 am

Great news for WSU and the MVC
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BCPanther » April 2nd, 2015, 6:56 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
MVC asst just texted: "Not the news we wanted. No one will EVER publicly admit that. But EVERYONE wants him out of the MVC. He is a Titan"

If that was my assistant I'd fire him immediately. How do you expect to be a great program if you don't go up against great competition?
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » April 2nd, 2015, 7:01 am

valleyclimber wrote:The Marshall extension at WSU is great news for the school and the entire Valley, and UNI locking up Jacobsen for the long term...very cool. The top level MVC schools have shown commitment to keeping their successful coaches which truly strengthens the whole Valley.

And with LUC winning the CBI tonight and UE with a shot at a CIT title, it looks like the Valley is ready to make some waves nationally this next season.

Those top 6 MVC teams next season are going to be pretty darn good and this post-season has really shown how undervalued the Valley has been this year. Hopefully this coming season the Valley schools will truly get after it in the non-con and treat those games like they are tourney games....win and survive...lose and go home. All the MVC teams need a take-no-prisoners attitude when it comes to non-con games.

There's still probably some more shaking to do before things are done, but for now I've got next season going like this:

1. Shockers
2. Redbirds
3. Aces

Think those 3 should have a pretty good shot at dancing.

4. Ramblers
5. Panthers

These 2 could be NIT material.

6. Sycamores

Should be there for the CIT or CBI

then....

7. Bulldogs

See an upward swing for DU and possibly a year away from the CIT/CBI range.

8. Bears

Better than the bottom 2 and still with some good young players

and.....

9. Salukis
10.Braves

Could be an ugly season for SIU and BU. Like Barry Hinson and hope he can get it done, but think with a new AD his leash will be short. Guess the big upside with each team losing so many players is that you could bring in a few keepers.

Anyhow, I'm glad that the Valley has validated itself this post-season with the success of WSU and UNI in the NCAA, ISU Redbirds advancing in the NIT, LUC winning the CBI and (hopefully) UE's Aces winning the CIT.

Tons of young talent in the MVC, so the future is looking pretty bright....YES gotta LOVE it!! :Cheers:

LOL at UNI at 5th. El-Oh-Freaking-El.

Yes, Tuttle graduates but our next four best players are back (Washpun, Jesperson, Bohannon, Morgan). Carlson is a more talented Marvin Singleton and we've got big bodies to help replace Tuttle. UNI finishes 3rd at worst and my money is on 2nd because Jacobson vs Muller isn't even fair.

Sorry to derail, Marshall and Jacobson staying in the league long term is great for the Valley and its up to the other 8 to match the financial commitment both schools have made.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » April 2nd, 2015, 7:05 am

Cha-ching! Marshall cashing in...and well deserved. Doesn't mean I have to like him. ;)
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 2nd, 2015, 7:35 am

Championz wrote:Tons of Redbird insight in the previous Marshall thread. None in this one so far.

Ouch.

Just stop. I have told you already your extreme hatred for a fan base is ridiculous, even on a great day for WSU and the Valley! Go read their thread on the Redbird message board...all but a select few are definitely in favor of him staying. Just because people don't sprint to post on this board does not mean they aren't happy for the league.

You are by far the worst poster of any board I read and it's not close.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » April 2nd, 2015, 8:16 am

It's good to have money to throw around.

It's better to be able to invest in someone who has shown the results in order to keep them there.

I'm not personally a big fan of Marshall and some his mannerisms but he wins and his players graduate.

I look forward to more top-25 battles in MVC games for years to come and having GameDay as full-day visitor to our arenas. And someday soon having two teams from the Valley among the last four standing in college basketball.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » April 2nd, 2015, 8:58 am

Good news for WSU and the MVC.

Question: What's the buyout?

Just asking to see what WSU leveraged to keep him or stands to gain if one of Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Syracuse or some school that spends nearly triple on its basketball program comes calling.

Side bar: there are several schools overspending ridiculous amounts of money for the results they currently get (Marquette, Oklahoma State, Memphis) Also, the increase in salary puts WSU in the top 25-30 in MBB spending.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » April 2nd, 2015, 9:28 am

I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to stop Marshall if Duke or UNC or Louisville or Kentucky came knocking. There's a few blue-bloods that are just going to get their guy if they want them.

Obviously, though, Texas and Alabama aren't blue-bloods. :dance:
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball