I Really Don't Care For Muller, But...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Aargh » April 1st, 2015, 9:07 pm

I like the team he put on the floor. I like the way they played hard. I liked their hustle. I liked their athleticism. I liked their talent.

Muller took some recruiting risks. Had to deal with some criminal behavior, some non-qualifiers, and a HUGE risk with Teddy Hawkins, who was a great prospect for never being eligible for a D1 basketball game.

Muller took that group of risky, but athletic and talented, recruits and turned out a pretty fair team. There were few who thought the IlSU roster would ever produce a workable team effort, but for the most part, IlSU put a team - not 5 individuals - on the court.

As far as I'm concerned, Muller could crawl under a rock and never come out, but he put a pretty fair product on the court. It looks like he should have a better on-court product next year.

If Muller keeps improving IlSU's on-court performance, IlSU could emerge as a consistent front-runner in the Valley.

I think UNI has established itself as a consistent front-runner. If IlSU could join UNI and WSU at the top of the league, that would be great for the Valley.

With Muller's ties to IlSU, it's possible he could be a long-term coach at IlSU, which would add to IlSU's ability to maintain a top-tier team.

I don't like Muller, but I like what he's done for IlSU.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: I Really Don't Care For Muller, But...

Postby mathewson10 » April 2nd, 2015, 7:26 am

:Cheers:
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Khan4Cats » April 2nd, 2015, 8:04 am

Gregg staying has put Aargh in a good mood. Positive posts about UNI and ISUr? j/k :Cheers:

I agree, the Valley is slowly building itself up. Keeping successful coaches (Marshall and Jake) is a start and work from there. Illinois State looks to be tough next year if they pick up where they left off with finishing games.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ISUBirds89 » April 2nd, 2015, 8:15 am

My only nitpick of your post is that there was one criminal incident with Daishon before he even played one game. Zero since. Wichita and Bradley have had worse infractions with Connor's DUI and Bradley players going to Big Al's.

Also the team gpa was the highest ever for the basketball team even with Nick Ziesloft leaving with his 3.8 gpa.
ISUBirds89
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby ilstubirds250 » April 2nd, 2015, 10:04 am

Good post. Excited for next year
ilstubirds250
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jwa123 » April 2nd, 2015, 10:54 am

Aargh posted this on April Fools day.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rlh04d » April 2nd, 2015, 5:13 pm

jwa123 wrote:Aargh posted this on April Fools day.

:+1:

But it's April 2nd and I agree with almost all of it. Except that I really don't have much of a problem with Muller.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » April 3rd, 2015, 5:35 am

Muller has demonstrated that he can take some players with at least one questionable decision and keep them clean going forward...and win games. That's a good thing for the Valley. I hope he continues to win games. If he does, he can gamble less.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball