Jans out at BG after 1 year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Jans out at BG after 1 year

Postby ISUBirds89 » April 2nd, 2015, 5:32 pm

rlh04d wrote:
SHOXMVC wrote:
Absolutely not. I believe in second chances. It has to be the right place, right time. WSU fits neither.

Agreed. I believe in second chances, and could see him back at WSU ... in a few years. As a WSU fan, I wouldn't agree with him being at WSU this year.

And as a man, I think Jans should take some of his BG money and take a year off to figure out what's wrong in his life and take corrective actions where appropriate.

If he takes a year off and truly tries to improve as a person then I'd say schools should give him a 2nd chance. I don't know if he has an alcohol problem, but he may need treatment if that is the case. Hopefully he can use this mistake as a learning experience and grow as a person/coach.
ISUBirds89
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby rlh04d » April 2nd, 2015, 5:36 pm

ISUBirds89 wrote:If he takes a year off and truly tries to improve as a person then I'd say schools should give him a 2nd chance. I don't know if he has an alcohol problem, but he may need treatment if that is the case. Hopefully he can use this mistake as a learning experience and grow as a person/coach.

My main thing at this point would be whether this was a one-time drunken mistake, or a long-term pattern of behavior and this is just the first time he was caught.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 2nd, 2015, 7:02 pm

rlh04d wrote:
ISUBirds89 wrote:If he takes a year off and truly tries to improve as a person then I'd say schools should give him a 2nd chance. I don't know if he has an alcohol problem, but he may need treatment if that is the case. Hopefully he can use this mistake as a learning experience and grow as a person/coach.

My main thing at this point would be whether this was a one-time drunken mistake, or a long-term pattern of behavior and this is just the first time he was caught.

Generally these kinds of things aren't a one off type event. I spent a great deal of my college time working on sexual assualt/rape, domestic assault and other things of that nature research projects and papers with a select few professors that are well known in the field. These types of behaviors are very, very, rarely isolated as a one off...so much so that it's viewed as a statistical anomaly.

Maybe it was for Jan's though
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snuvvy_D » April 2nd, 2015, 9:48 pm

uniftw wrote:
rlh04d wrote:

Generally these kinds of things aren't a one off type event. I spent a great deal of my college time working on sexual assualt/rape, domestic assault and other things of that nature research projects and papers with a select few professors that are well known in the field. These types of behaviors are very, very, rarely isolated as a one off...so much so that it's viewed as a statistical anomaly.

Maybe it was for Jan's though

From the incriminating letter from the bar patron: "if need I have a video of him from the evening touching a woman’s backside validating our statements, and further video showing the melee’ that ensued after he called my daughter a “bitch”. We hope there will be no need have to divulge this video to social media for the sake of the university, but from our understanding from other patrons we have spoken to, this behavior has been consistent at this establishment."

That makes it sound like at least a semi-regular thing. I'm all for second chances and growing as a person, but I have zero tolerance for this kind of garbage behavior, and good on BGSU for doing what was absolutely the right thing. IMO, he can start back at D2 or a JUCO somewhere and fight his way back up. There are too many coaches doing things the right way to have garbage like this representing a D1 basketball program.
Snuvvy_D
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » April 3rd, 2015, 7:31 am

Snuvvy_D wrote:
From the incriminating letter from the bar patron: "if need I have a video of him from the evening touching a woman’s backside validating our statements, and further video showing the melee’ that ensued after he called my daughter a “bitch”. We hope there will be no need have to divulge this video to social media for the sake of the university, but from our understanding from other patrons we have spoken to, this behavior has been consistent at this establishment."

That makes it sound like at least a semi-regular thing. I'm all for second chances and growing as a person, but I have zero tolerance for this kind of garbage behavior, and good on BGSU for doing what was absolutely the right thing. IMO, he can start back at D2 or a JUCO somewhere and fight his way back up. There are too many coaches doing things the right way to have garbage like this representing a D1 basketball program.

He has a long history of "stories" from his time in the state of Iowa with being kind of slimy.

I don't want to say it is a regular thing without proof, but as I said, I spent thousands of hours researching/presenting/writing on this type of thing in college. This thing doesn't happen one off usually
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball