WSU's Cotton

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

WSU's Cotton

Postby glm38 » April 12th, 2015, 2:41 pm

WSU fans I'm just curious as to Cotton's plans now? Is he planning on continuing with basketball? Or moving on and hopefully utilizing his degree?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

WSU's Cotton

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: WSU's Cotton

Postby SHOXMVC » April 12th, 2015, 3:51 pm

glm38 wrote:WSU fans I'm just curious as to Cotton's plans now? Is he planning on continuing with basketball? Or moving on and hopefully utilizing his degree?

He is staying in shape to work out for NBA teams. He understands he won't get drafted, but will play in the D-League to get looks there. More than likely overseas is calling his name. He will play in a high level league there and make many dollars.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rollbird5 » April 12th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Hope he gets a shot at the NBA I could see him being like a Tony Allen type player
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SHOXMVC » April 12th, 2015, 8:46 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Hope he gets a shot at the NBA I could see him being like a Tony Allen type player

Or a smaller Bruce Bowen.
SHOXMVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » April 13th, 2015, 6:04 am

SHOXMVC wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:Hope he gets a shot at the NBA I could see him being like a Tony Allen type player

Or a smaller Bruce Bowen.

Is he really a good enough shooter to pull either one of those roles and get a roster spot?

Bowen was something like a career 40% 3pt shooter and took something like 19% of his shots from behind the 3 point line. He also shot something like 41% from 16' to the 3 point line. He also averaged 17ppg his senior season in college. Then again his 3 point shot was an NBA development as he wasn't a great outside shot in college. He was a 8 time all defensive team player (5 time first team all defense team and a 3 time second team player) in his 14 years.

Tony Allen is a much more offensive minded player but still a multiple time first team all defense. Career 48% from the floor, only had 2 seasons below 47% and has 3 over 51% and might still get that this year. He's a 50% 2 point shooter but really...really...struggles with the 3 ball at just 29% for his career, but he's only taken 330 of them in 11 NBA seasons (30 per year). To Cotton's advantage, Allen has taken about 73% of his career shots from inside 10'

I guess those careers are possible, I just don't know if I see it.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » April 13th, 2015, 6:17 am

Cotton has much development left before an NBA chance. Best case scenario is to spend time developing and hope for a chance like Toure Murry.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 14th, 2015, 5:04 am

I don't see Tekele in the NBA.

He'll probably try the D League and then go to Europe or Asia and make a good income.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball