Who is predicted 2nd next year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who is predicted 2nd next year?

Postby Rollbird5 » May 11th, 2015, 6:39 pm

[quote="jackwagon"]i've got Evansville. Returning everyone and talented bigs coming in to help Mock. Their PG spot worries me, everywhere else is solid with depth.

Hope they are good at setting screens for DJ cuz that's all they'll be doing lol
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PapaBear » May 11th, 2015, 8:16 pm

rlh04d wrote:
PapaBear wrote:WSU has had a nice run--and it looks to continue--good for them. I used to pull for them (when they were not playing against us)--but I can no longer do that. Many (if not most) of their fan base have rubbed me the wrong way (on here and at St Louis)--not the least bit humble and way too full of themselves. So---I will no longer pull for them--but just to make all you Shox fans here happy---yes--your team is soo good--nobody in the Valley can come close--you are amazing--best recruits ever-- :Yea!: we are not worthy :bow:

I don't--think you--understand what a--hyphen--is.

"A" hyphen - Multiple hyphens --- :wave:
Bear down
PapaBear
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby wgslaw » May 13th, 2015, 2:22 pm

You may have hit a nerve Papa Bear. Are we WSU fans becoming that which we so wholeheartedly despise about KU? If so, Papa Bea, you will be doing us a service by keeping your needle handy.
wgslaw
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » May 13th, 2015, 3:33 pm

wgslaw wrote:You may have hit a nerve Papa Bear. Are we WSU fans becoming that which we so wholeheartedly despise about KU? If so, Papa Bea, you will be doing us a service by keeping your needle handy.

It's a bit of an interesting dynamic. A lot of WSU fans feel they still have to shout from the mountain tops to be heard/respected on the national scene (see a 28-4 Top 15 team coming off a F4 and undefeated season getting a 7 seed...); and I think sometimes that sort of defense of the program too often bleeds over into reactions with Valley fans who already know well and good that the program is very good right now. I can certainly understand how that would get old.

Of course, it cuts both ways a bit as well. There have been more than a few Valley fans question the legitimacy of WSU's recent rankings or made comments before and after every year that Marshall will bolt at the first offer and that the team has come back to the pack a bit because xyz.

There's also the problem that I've found that when the team goes 35-1 over 2 league seasons, it honestly sometimes gets pretty difficult to say much of anything without sounding like a condescending prick or a grandstanding bandwagoner.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball