WSU next year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU next year

Postby rlh04d » May 14th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:Are Shocker fans high on Nurger? I liked what he brought early last season. I thought he moved well.

Here's the problem I have with Nurger:

He'll be 22 in November. He's a RS Senior with the physique and skillset of his actual true sophomore classification.

I think he can be a very valuable contributor, but it doesn't particularly inspire a lot of confidence in me that he's so far behind for his age.

That said, a 6'10" near-25 year old in his senior season could be awesome. But it also wouldn't shock me if he goes pro in Europe before then. 25 is getting pretty old to still be in college, when he's not likely to have NBA potential.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbird Recon » May 14th, 2015, 9:13 pm

rlh04d wrote:He'll be 22 in November.

Teddy Hawkins and MiKyle McIntosh are in that same range.
Prep year + RS year = Old youngsters
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » May 14th, 2015, 9:26 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:
rlh04d wrote:He'll be 22 in November.

Teddy Hawkins and MiKyle McIntosh are in that same range.
Prep year + RS year = Old youngsters

Neither of those guys are a big that needs the same type of physical development as Nurger.

I feel like it'll be easier to predict what he'll be like at the start of the year. If he takes to WSU's offseason conditioning program and adds a lot of muscle, he could be a monster down the line. But it worries me how skinny and uncoordinated he seems for his age.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » May 15th, 2015, 5:09 am

Coaches are high on his skill set. Still has to develop.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » May 16th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Four "experts" on the 247 site have switched their prediction on Humphries to WSU in the last 30 hours, including their Director of Basketball Scouting. WSU went from having zero interest on their site prior to 10:45 AM on the 15th, to the front-runner at 50%.

http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Humphries-75144

Just tossing that out there because, up until now, there was nothing pointing him towards WSU except fan chatter. I don't put much stock in the "crystal ball" usually, but no doubt WSU is heavily involved now.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » May 18th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Here is a tweet that I found on "The Shiver" a KU board regarding WSU. Someone from ISUR is inquiring on behalf of the Shockers. Thank you Joe Stokowski from Redbird Recon for your support.

http://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455 ... s-35879757
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » May 18th, 2015, 9:05 pm

mvcfan wrote:Here is a tweet that I found on "The Shiver" a KU board regarding WSU. Someone from ISUR is inquiring on behalf of the Shockers. Thank you Joe Stokowski from Redbird Recon for your support.

http://kansas.247sports.com/Board/59455 ... s-35879757

You're welcome.
:Cheers:
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » May 19th, 2015, 8:16 pm

His HS coach says Humphries will not reclassify. That's not directly from Humphries, but it's what's been heard from anyone in a position to possibly know. There is a link, but I'm too lazy to look it up and link it right now. It's from a local sportswriter who talked to Humphries' coach.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » May 29th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Paul Suellentrop ‏@PaulSuellentrop 1h1 hour ago
A source in Australia says Isaac Humphries remains a possibility to reclassify to 2015. WSU high on his list, 15 or 16.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » June 8th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Turns out Morris was playing with torn cartilage and a displaced kneecap in one knee. He's had surgery to correct both and is already reporting that it feels better when he jumps and he feels he's got a better vertical now.

Morris is the first Shocker to make the All-Valley Fr team since Toure Murry. He did that playing through an injury that required surgery after the season was over.

The knee may have been a factor with conditioning work. This year, Morris will likely be in better condition, quicker, more agile, better vertical, and some other pluses from a repaired knee. Morris will be a quicker, better conditioned, better ups, 6'7", 260 lb. PF next year.

Grady was a 14 and 8 guy in the Horizon League. He will have better guards to work with, so his Horizon stats may hold in the MVC because cheating off of VanVleet, Baker, or We4ssel is playing with fire. Grady was on the All_D Horizon team.

Shox may have 5 all-MVC candidates next year.

With Lynch and Knight gone, I don't see anything other than 18-0 for the Shox next year. My prediction the last two years was 16-2. I do not have a history of blowing smoke.

The Fr class looks like the best Marshall has ever had. VanVleet and Baker turned out to be a lot better than they looked when they were incoming Fr. I'm not claiming this Fr class has better players than those guys. 2 top-100's, a top-40 trfr from KU who will be a Soph eligible December 12, a top-150, and a 6'9" guy recruited by 4 of the 5 power conferences who took a prep year to work on his handles. Eric Hamilton has a decent % from 3 and can drive from the perimeter. He was a 14 and 8 guy against mainly JuCo teams in his prep year.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball