Lynch - HE GONE!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Lynch - HE GONE!

Postby BradleyFan71 » April 21st, 2015, 2:58 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
ilstubirds250 wrote:Agree for the most part, but isn't the point of JUCO to give the kids who aren't quite D1 ready a chance to improve? Illinois State (and tons and tons and tons of schools across the country) invest a 4-year scholarship in these guys just to watch them bolt for a "better" school. Unfortunate.

How many of those invested 4-year scholarship had Muller pulled from his players the past 3 years? Cause it seems like a lot.

I didn't see this coming. I think it sucks for ISUr. I hope they overcome and Lynch never sniffs the postseason at Minny while ISUr makes the tourney. But let's not pretend that ISUr and its coach make promises that the student-athletes don't.

:+1:
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » April 21st, 2015, 5:13 pm

Just a sad development. This hurts the strength of the whole Valley IMO.

I really thought Lynch was going to develop into something special. He was already very good on the defensive end despite his propensity for fouling. But I thought he was making strides on the offensive end too.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 21st, 2015, 5:26 pm

Man, what a killer.

Yesterday I would have put money on the MVC being a two-to-three bid league this coming season. Today I'd put money on the Valley tournament being the most likely chance at getting two. ISUr's a third-place team now and unlikely to have an at-large resume.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PapaBear » April 22nd, 2015, 9:07 am

glm38 wrote:Just a sad development. This hurts the strength of the whole Valley IMO.

I really thought Lynch was going to develop into something special. He was already very good on the defensive end despite his propensity for fouling. But I thought he was making strides on the offensive end too.

Agreed--sounds like his family was pushing for this to happen--seemed like a nice kid and would have helped ISUr likely get to the dance the next 2 years---maybe Muller can retool and pull in someone to fill that void this fall--and they have other size/talent returning--

It would not surprise me if Lynch does ok in the Big 10 (or 14 or however many teams they have?) but it would also not surprise me if ISUr gets to the dance in the 2 years while Lynch is in gophervlle--and Lynch & Minny does not get to dance and he has some regrets--
Bear down
PapaBear
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball