Lynch - HE GONE!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Lynch - HE GONE!

Postby mathewson10 » April 21st, 2015, 12:56 pm

Not going to lie... I'm pretty frustrated. Hurts ISUr. Hurts the Conference. I'm not Reggie but if my home state didn't want me in the first place then I'd use the rest of my career to prove them wrong. 2nd guy we have lost who nobody wanted when they were HS Sr. but since they had a sniff of success thought they were better than the MVC. ISU had a way better chance of making the tourney next year than Minnesota.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Justagame » April 21st, 2015, 1:04 pm

I agree with all the posts, especially the one above, but Lynch was very close to the coach who just died. He went as far to say Coach Ward was his best friend on the team. I realize this may have been in the works for a while but he's a 20-year-old kid. I know I wasn't thinking in terms of the big picture when I was his age.
Justagame
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby mathewson10 » April 21st, 2015, 1:15 pm

Justagame wrote:I agree with all the posts, especially the one above, but Lynch was very close to the coach who just died. He went as far to say Coach Ward was his best friend on the team. I realize this may have been in the works for a while but he's a 20-year-old kid. I know I wasn't thinking in terms of the big picture when I was his age.

As I said I'm not Reggie, but if it were me I'd honor my coach/bestfriend by competing as a Redbird & not abandoning the program & my teammates. :huh:
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » April 21st, 2015, 1:22 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
Justagame wrote:I agree with all the posts, especially the one above, but Lynch was very close to the coach who just died. He went as far to say Coach Ward was his best friend on the team. I realize this may have been in the works for a while but he's a 20-year-old kid. I know I wasn't thinking in terms of the big picture when I was his age.

As I said I'm not Reggie, but if it were me I'd honor my coach/bestfriend by competing as a Redbird & not abandoning the program & my teammates. :huh:

If he were on the fence about leaving (and there are rumors from weeks ago) that may have been what pushed him to go.

Dad was a star at Minnesota. From Minnesota. The coach that you were close with dies in a plane accident. That starts to bring up ideas of mortality and being away from family and close friends. That's the push to go home.
Last edited by uniftw on April 21st, 2015, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Justagame » April 21st, 2015, 1:36 pm

:+1:
Justagame
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby jwa123 » April 21st, 2015, 2:21 pm

Reggie's uncle was a star at MN not his dad. Life goes on. I am interested to see how Muller fills this open scholarship.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BradleyFan71 » April 21st, 2015, 2:58 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
ilstubirds250 wrote:Agree for the most part, but isn't the point of JUCO to give the kids who aren't quite D1 ready a chance to improve? Illinois State (and tons and tons and tons of schools across the country) invest a 4-year scholarship in these guys just to watch them bolt for a "better" school. Unfortunate.

How many of those invested 4-year scholarship had Muller pulled from his players the past 3 years? Cause it seems like a lot.

I didn't see this coming. I think it sucks for ISUr. I hope they overcome and Lynch never sniffs the postseason at Minny while ISUr makes the tourney. But let's not pretend that ISUr and its coach make promises that the student-athletes don't.

:+1:
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » April 21st, 2015, 5:13 pm

Just a sad development. This hurts the strength of the whole Valley IMO.

I really thought Lynch was going to develop into something special. He was already very good on the defensive end despite his propensity for fouling. But I thought he was making strides on the offensive end too.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 21st, 2015, 5:26 pm

Man, what a killer.

Yesterday I would have put money on the MVC being a two-to-three bid league this coming season. Today I'd put money on the Valley tournament being the most likely chance at getting two. ISUr's a third-place team now and unlikely to have an at-large resume.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PapaBear » April 22nd, 2015, 9:07 am

glm38 wrote:Just a sad development. This hurts the strength of the whole Valley IMO.

I really thought Lynch was going to develop into something special. He was already very good on the defensive end despite his propensity for fouling. But I thought he was making strides on the offensive end too.

Agreed--sounds like his family was pushing for this to happen--seemed like a nice kid and would have helped ISUr likely get to the dance the next 2 years---maybe Muller can retool and pull in someone to fill that void this fall--and they have other size/talent returning--

It would not surprise me if Lynch does ok in the Big 10 (or 14 or however many teams they have?) but it would also not surprise me if ISUr gets to the dance in the 2 years while Lynch is in gophervlle--and Lynch & Minny does not get to dance and he has some regrets--
Bear down
PapaBear
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball