Which league do you root against most?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Which league do you root against most?

Postby purple&orange » June 23rd, 2015, 5:46 pm

The SEC, mostly because of Kentucky and it's fanbase. Also the yearly oh that's a good bubble win for the 4-5 SEC teams who beat nobody in the non-conference, yet get credit for a good win when Tennessee beats Alabama for example....someone has to win those games and it doesn't mean that they are any good. Also the belief that the SEC is untouchable in football gets old quickly too.

Runner up goes to the ACC because of the hype that Vitale has talked about for years and years.

Semi-related a school like Syracuse who never feels the need to leave the state until January gets a special kind of hatred too.
purple&orange
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » June 23rd, 2015, 7:32 pm

I'm with uniftw here, I generally root against conferences that are close to the MVC in the RPI, such as the AAC, West Coast, Atlantic 10, MAC, Mountain West. Also root against the Big East as well.

And I also root against schools from other lower tiered conferences whose fans frequent this board, and other MVC boards, touting how great they are, how they should be in the MVC, blah blah blah, it gets old and tiring.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » June 24th, 2015, 11:11 am

I forgot about the Big East. Never really paid attention to them in the past to the point of disliking them, but not I hope it turns out to be mostly a dud of a conference.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 24th, 2015, 11:12 am

isumvc1 wrote:And I also root against schools from other lower tiered conferences whose fans frequent this board, and other MVC boards, touting how great they are, how they should be in the MVC, blah blah blah, it gets old and tiring.

Not very many Valley fans should be spending much time looking down their noses at other conferences these days.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 24th, 2015, 11:14 am

uniftw wrote:I forgot about the Big East. Never really paid attention to them in the past to the point of disliking them, but not I hope it turns out to be mostly a dud of a conference.

This one always tears me. I think it's hilarious Creighton got last. I find myself rooting against some of those teams quite a bit. But, at the end of the day, a basketball-only conference like that one being very successful is probably important if I want my team to remain relevant as the P5 continue their power grab.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » June 24th, 2015, 11:26 am

Cdizzle wrote:
uniftw wrote:I forgot about the Big East. Never really paid attention to them in the past to the point of disliking them, but not I hope it turns out to be mostly a dud of a conference.

This one always tears me. I think it's hilarious Creighton got last. I find myself rooting against some of those teams quite a bit. But, at the end of the day, a basketball-only conference like that one being very successful is probably important if I want my team to remain relevant as the P5 continue their power grab.

It's more the general attitude of those schools than the conference itself. Creighton's "better than everyone" attitude fits in perfectly there.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 24th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Definitely the Big East. What a pretensious group of snobs those schools are. I hate the arrogance and I especially hate how they downplay the significance of college football. They laud their FS1 deal like it actually means something. I think more people have Texas's Longhorn Network than Fox Sports One.

The Big Ten is the most arrogant conference around so they are next on my list. I grew up watching the Big XII so I really like it. Also due to realignment interests I have found myself paying more attention to the Sun Belt and Conference USA. I tend to root for their teams.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » June 24th, 2015, 2:01 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Also due to realignment interests I have found myself paying more attention to the Sun Belt and Conference USA. I tend to root for their teams.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » June 24th, 2015, 10:36 pm

It pretty much already is a dud of a conference. Highly overrated by its members. Outside of Villanova, the schools haven't fared too well in the publicity department. And even Nova has had two quick NCAA exits in a row.

Their TV situation is beyond laughable. Nobody knows about FS1. Nobody cares about FS1. That's why you never see Big East teams being talked about on mainstream media. The Valley gets more notoriety than that bunch of "power" wannabes.

The Big East is nothing more than P5 rejects and paranoid, insecure Midwestern rectories.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » June 25th, 2015, 12:51 pm

Championz wrote:

It pretty much already is a dud of a conference. Highly overrated by its members. Outside of Villanova, the schools haven't fared too well in the publicity department. And even Nova has had two quick NCAA exits in a row.

Their TV situation is beyond laughable. Nobody knows about FS1. Nobody cares about FS1. That's why you never see Big East teams being talked about on mainstream media. The Valley gets more notoriety than that bunch of "power" wannabes.

The Big East is nothing more than P5 rejects and paranoid, insecure Midwestern rectories.

I'm as anti-McD as anyone but the reality is that the BE is the best non football league by far. They got six out of ten teams into the tournament despite flaming out. Because of their big city nature, they will always have eyeballs and it's the reason why FS1 is paying them like $500,000,000 for the rights. By mainstream you must mean ESPN because there was plenty of their games all over TV last year including Coach K's 1000th win. WSU would rename Koch arena "Woodfox Court" for a chance to play in that league.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball