Your 2015-16 MVC rotation

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Your 2015-16 MVC rotation

Postby Wufan » August 9th, 2015, 5:22 am

Drakey wrote:Jensen will be pushed hard by Olejniczak. I think the Bulldogs would be better with him in the lineup immediately, but I'm sure it won't happen. Drake should be playing at least ten guys through all of the non-conference as it does not appear that there is much separation.

Two interesting things in this post:
1. Drake has two young 7 footers that can play. I've seen some highlights of the incoming Eurofrosh, and the kid is agile, coordinated and skilled. Good chance that the Bulldogs dominate the paint often.
2. No separation between first string and second string. The problem I see here is that most of the talent seems like second string talent. Most of the guys are freshman and sophomores so improvement could be coming in leaps and bounds in some players, but Drake needs a go-to star (probably two) to elevate above middle of the conference. It seems that everyone on the team is either a wing guard or a center. :huh:

Woodward and Abrahamson I suspect will be good players. Both are P5 transfers and are older than the majority of the team.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DUBulldog » August 9th, 2015, 8:05 am

AndShock wrote:I did not realize Enevold was only an upcoming junior. He has a chance to be a beast by the time he's done. I also did not realize his last name was Jensen.

Yeah, I guess his actual last name is Jensen, and his mom's maiden name is Enevold. He said that a lot of people in Denmark have the last name Jensen, so to stand out from the crowd, he started going by his mom's last name of Enevold.

If you think he has a chance to be a beast, then I can't wait until you see Olejniczak. Olejniczak is bigger, stronger, quicker and more agile. But, he's very raw, so it will take a while for him to get anywhere close to his potential.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DUBulldog » August 9th, 2015, 8:24 am

Wufan wrote:
Drakey wrote:Jensen will be pushed hard by Olejniczak. I think the Bulldogs would be better with him in the lineup immediately, but I'm sure it won't happen. Drake should be playing at least ten guys through all of the non-conference as it does not appear that there is much separation.

Two interesting things in this post:
1. Drake has two young 7 footers that can play. I've seen some highlights of the incoming Eurofrosh, and the kid is agile, coordinated and skilled. Good chance that the Bulldogs dominate the paint often.
2. No separation between first string and second string. The problem I see here is that most of the talent seems like second string talent. Most of the guys are freshman and sophomores so improvement could be coming in leaps and bounds in some players, but Drake needs a go-to star (probably two) to elevate above middle of the conference. It seems that everyone on the team is either a wing guard or a center. :huh:

Woodward and Abrahamson I suspect will be good players. Both are P5 transfers and are older than the majority of the team.

1. Bulldogs also have soph-to-be Kory Kuenstling who is 6'11", and has added about 25 of muscle since he got to Drake. He will probably redshirt this year, and I expect that he'll add another 15-20 pounds of muscle by time of the 2016-17 season. Then, at the 4 position, Drake has three freshmen, all between 6'8" and 6'10". I think you might be onto something about Drake dominating the post.....but, they're very, very young.

2. Little to no separation between first and second team is a mixed blessing. As you mentioned, there's no one standout, all-conference type player. But, it leads to very spirited battles in practice, as nobody has a guaranteed starting spot. There are a few players who do have star potential...I would say Timmer, Olejniczak, and believe it or not, Arogundade, who was somewhat disappointing as a freshman last season.

Your comment about all centers and wing guards.....we've had that discussion many times over on Drakenation. Drake is certainly missing the athletic 6'5" to 6'7" guys that every other MVC team has, and overall, team quickness on Drake isn't very good. Bulldog fans have to hope that the great size of the team can overcome the lack of quickness. Also, an incredibly young team. Only 1 senior and 2 juniors, and the senior (Karl Madison) probably won't play much.

Abrahamson and Woodward....I think both will be decent MVC players, but I don't see either one as a star. I think Woodward has more potential of the 2. Abrahamson is in a really unique situation, one that I'm not sure I've seen before. He has two seasons left to play, and he's already graduated.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rollbird5 » August 9th, 2015, 9:55 am

I'll throw out a guess for ISU,

Pg: Paris Lee
Sg: Justin McCloud
Sf: Devaughn Akoon-Purcell
Pf: Teddy Hawkins
C: Nick Banyard

Mikyle McIntosh and David Ndiaye first off bench by start of MVC play
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » August 9th, 2015, 1:22 pm

Evansville will have start

Ballentine
Brown
Wing
Simmons
Mockevicius

off the bench will be Gibson at point and Wiley at forward
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby wgslaw » August 9th, 2015, 3:59 pm

I think for WSU it will be:
PG-FVV-6'0
SG-BAKER-6'4
SF-WESSEL-6'4
PF-GRADY-6'8
C-BUSH-6'11

OFF THE BENCH WILL BE MORRIS-6'7, BROWN 6'6

WSU is really deep with Nurger 6'11, Kelly 6'7, McDuffie 6'8, Shamet 6'4 and Frankamp 6'1 (second semester) also getting minutes. I think Hamilton 6'9 and Taylor 6'3 could be redshirts.
wgslaw
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Tom Servo » August 10th, 2015, 7:58 am

sixth ace wrote:Evansville will have start

Ballentine
Brown
Wing
Simmons
Mockevicius

They better not....
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » August 10th, 2015, 11:11 am

UNI

Starters-
PG-Washpun
SG-Bohannon
WG-Morgan
4G-Jesperson
C- B Koch

Bench--
These 4 will play
G-Wyatt Lohaus
G-Aarius Austin (JUCO)
F-Klint Carlson
C-Ted Friedman

4 Incoming Freshman
May play--
Luke McDonnell (6-10 F)
Justin Dahl (6-11 C)

Most likely to redshirt-
Spencer Haldeman (6-1 G)
Lincoln Conrey (Preferred Walk-on 6-6 F)
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » August 10th, 2015, 1:25 pm

Ballentine
Brown
Wing
Simmons
Mockevicius

If Wiley isn't better than Simmons, I will be disappointed. I wish he would've been given a go last year. I think he is the type of player that is the answer to UE's problems, if only the coach would realize it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » August 10th, 2015, 2:39 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

Ballentine
Brown
Wing
Simmons
Mockevicius

If Wiley isn't better than Simmons, I will be disappointed. I wish he would've been given a go last year. I think he is the type of player that is the answer to UE's problems, if only the coach would realize it.

Wiley is better than both Wing, and Simmons, and will get more playing time than either of them. If not, the Aces won't be much better than last year.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball