Your 2015-16 MVC rotation

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Your 2015-16 MVC rotation

Postby sixth ace » August 10th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Didn't forget him but maybe 3-4 off the bench.

When do you play :
Brzoja
Wiley
Vucetic
Benson
Gibson
brown
Howard
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Tom Servo » August 11th, 2015, 7:04 am

The ideal lineup is:
1. Jaylon Brown
2. Balentine
3. Mislav
4. Wiley
5. Mock

If Mislav stuggles with his shot, I'd be fine with Wing starting at the 3 but either Mislav or Wiley have to start. It can't be Wing and Simmons starting again this year. Because with Marty, he will always go with the starters down the stretch.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » August 11th, 2015, 9:19 am

Tom Servo wrote:The ideal lineup is:
1. Jaylon Brown
2. Balentine
3. Mislav
4. Wiley
5. Mock

If Mislav stuggles with his shot, I'd be fine with Wing starting at the 3 but either Mislav or Wiley have to start. It can't be Wing and Simmons starting again this year. Because with Marty, he will always go with the starters down the stretch.

Tom, it really doesn't matter who starts. It's who is in the game at crunch time with the game on the line. That's when it better be Mislav, and Wiley. Your lineup is certainly the five best players on the team.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Tom Servo » August 11th, 2015, 9:54 am

ACECARD wrote:
1. Jaylon Brown
2. Balentine
3. Mislav
4. Wiley
5. Mock

Tom, it really doesn't matter who starts. It's who is in the game at crunch time with the game on the line. That's when it better be Mislav, and Wiley. Your lineup is certainly the five best players on the team.

As usual Acecard, I couldn't agree more.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jturner38 » August 11th, 2015, 10:29 am

INSU
Hard to say what lineup to go with. With Bell Injury we could play small ball but being Lansing is a defensive minded coach I don't know how much small ball he will decide to play. Scott being freshman of the year you would think he starts but Lansing brought in Clemons as a pure PG which would allow Brown to play his natural position therefore somebody has to come off the bench and give us instant spark. I think Scott comes off bench but plays starter minutes:
Clemons
Brown
Smith
Van Scyoc
Rickman

bench:
Scott (6th)
Burnett (7th)
Bunschoten (8th)
Murphy
Paige
Prusator
Kessinger (Expect Redshirt due to injury unless a crazy recovery from leg injury)
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby sixth ace » August 11th, 2015, 5:53 pm

Tom Servo wrote:
ACECARD wrote:
1. Jaylon Brown
2. Balentine
3. Mislav
4. Wiley
5. Mock

As usual Acecard, I couldn't agree more.

Hoopfest will tell the fans more than any here. I will agree with you, but the Mule has his name for a reason.
He won't sit his senior leader and/nor his son. Hopefully it won't matter who starts or comes in.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » August 12th, 2015, 1:08 pm

This is really tricky for WSU with so many options at the 4 and 5 spots, but there are some clues emerging.

Strength and conditioning is reporting that they're working with Wessel to get a little leaner and work on agility as he prepares to play on the perimeter.

That leaves the starting PF up in the air. Zach Brown had a great NCAA tourney and may have the inside track there. Rashard Kelly has worked on his ups and is stronger. He's also spent a lot of summer working on his outside shot. it's reported he's getting up higher and is more of an offensive threat. Shaq Morris has hit weights two-a-day all summer and had a knee repaired.

A lot depends on how the center position shakes out. Morris may be the first bench option there. Wamukota is reportedly making lots of progress in all aspects and has improved his leaping ability. Rauno Nurger lost over 20 pounds due to a mid-season illness last year. He's hit the weights and redistributed some body weight (lower body was behind upper body). Last year Nurger looked REALLY good in pickup games, but struggled some with physical play in game situations.

Starters:
VanVleet
Baker
Wessel
Morris
Grady

Bench:
Frankamp
Brown

That's going with the small lineup option. The big lineup would look a little different.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » August 13th, 2015, 10:02 am

Rollbird5 wrote:I'll throw out a guess for ISU,

Pg: Paris Lee
Sg: Justin McCloud
Sf: Devaughn Akoon-Purcell
Pf: Teddy Hawkins
C: Nick Banyard

Mikyle McIntosh and David Ndiaye first off bench by start of MVC play

I think you are correct on the starters. I don't like McCloud being a starter but opening tip he probably will be. McIntosh will be the 6th & might start by MVC play. I think Quentin Brewer sees more time inside this season than Ndiaye, though. Wills & Evans both could come up big from the bench, as well.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rollbird5 » August 13th, 2015, 8:48 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:I'll throw out a guess for ISU,

Pg: Paris Lee
Sg: Justin McCloud
Sf: Devaughn Akoon-Purcell
Pf: Teddy Hawkins
C: Nick Banyard

Mikyle McIntosh and David Ndiaye first off bench by start of MVC play

I think you are correct on the starters. I don't like McCloud being a starter but opening tip he probably will be. McIntosh will be the 6th & might start by MVC play. I think Quentin Brewer sees more time inside this season than Ndiaye, though. Wills & Evans both could come up big from the bench, as well.

I like McCloud if it's the same guy shooting from the MVC tourney, really spreads the floor. Between Banyard, Brewer, and Ndiaye I think they will all get pretty good minutes. Banyard and Brewer can play the 4 or 5 especially Banyard so there will be lots of combinations at Muller's disposal. Evans and Tony will get pretty good minutes too your right.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball