Where's Elmo (Teddy)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Where's Elmo (Teddy)

Postby isuredbirds92 » August 21st, 2015, 8:49 am

mvcfan wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:
After being suspended, Muller said Hawkins flew home to Dayton, Ohio, before returning to campus.

"He went to Dayton only because if we sent him to Chicago there's no ride (for him)," said Muller. "There was a lot of speculation (on the Internet), and it's extremely disappointing to me to hear what some people are saying about it."

Doesn't sound as serious as some of the speculation has been

You sound more hopeful than confident. Just a feeling that we haven't heard the end of Teddy's drama. If you look at the historical disciplinary problems/lack of discipline associated with Muller's basketball program and Teddy's disciplinary/academic history from his Senior year of high school to prep school and then his documented problems at ISU, this isn't a surprise.

Honestly, I don't think it's a lack of discipline. I think Muller has higher expectations of his players, so he punishes them for things that other coaches would not. That's just my take though.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » August 21st, 2015, 8:53 am

isuredbirds92 wrote:
Honestly, I don't think it's a lack of discipline. I think Muller has higher expectations of his players, so he punishes them for things that other coaches would not. That's just my take though.

Yes. I'm sure that is it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » August 21st, 2015, 10:21 am

isuredbirds92 wrote:

Yep...like assaulting a woman and that major punishment :roll:

Muller is par for the course for ISUs athletic department, just accept it.

The football team brings in guys who were booted from previous team for assults, selling drugs, etc... and then acts shocked when there's issues on the roster. They have players get busted for felony selling of drugs and not suspending him at all.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isuredbirds92 » August 21st, 2015, 3:38 pm

uniftw wrote:
isuredbirds92 wrote:

The football team brings in guys who were booted from previous team for assults, selling drugs, etc... and then acts shocked when there's issues on the roster. They have players get busted for felony selling of drugs and not suspending him at all.

Who are you referring to? I hope it's not Bryant Allen, because he was kicked off the football team almost immediately at ISU. And he was a Jank recruit inherited by Muller.

And to say that this is "par for the course" for our athletic department is simply asinine.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleyclimber » August 21st, 2015, 6:41 pm

A UNI fan asinine just for making a wildly sweeping statement? Come on redbirdfan ;)
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » August 21st, 2015, 9:16 pm

We'll never know what Hawkins did in Spain - until Spain files the extradition papers.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » August 21st, 2015, 10:04 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's a lack of discipline. I think Muller has higher expectations of his players, so he punishes them for things that other coaches would not. That's just my take though.

Please tell me this is just a poor attempt at humor?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » August 22nd, 2015, 6:49 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:
uniftw wrote:
isuredbirds92 wrote:

Who are you referring to? I hope it's not Bryant Allen, because he was kicked off the football team almost immediately at ISU. And he was a Jank recruit inherited by Muller.

And to say that this is "par for the course" for our athletic department is simply asinine.
You're starting running back just plead guilty to felony selling of a controlled substance...zero suspension
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » August 23rd, 2015, 7:27 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's a lack of discipline. I think Muller has higher expectations of his players, so he punishes them for things that other coaches would not. That's just my take though.

LOL
Muller runs a program that serves as a bastion of high academic and moral standards that will never be equalled in the halls of higher learning.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball