2015-16 Post Season All-MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Wufan » August 15th, 2015, 6:37 am

Pre-season picks for awards are easy. Who will be All-MVC at the end of the year?

First Team
Ron Baker - POY
Fred VanVleet
DJ Balentine
EMock
DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell

Second Team
Nick Barnyard
Wes Washpun
Paul Jesperson
Milton Doyle
Brenton Scott
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2015-16 Post Season All-MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » August 15th, 2015, 3:40 pm

My "homer" pick is that Zach Brown will be at least second team all MVC
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » August 16th, 2015, 10:11 am

Nick Barnyard?

I agree with the previous poster. It will be hard to keep Brown off the POST-season All-MVC lists.

Not many WSU players will see pre-season honors as Sophs. Fr don't get enough minutes to justify pre-season honors as Sophs.

Frankamp (KU trfr, top-40 out of HS) is the likely sub for Baker. Baker is the likely backup for VanVleet. Frankamp is likely to be on the floor when either Baker or VanVleet takes a break. If Frankamp gets in the range of 20 minutes, he might be a candidate for post-season honors. Frankamp is going to have to keep a top-100 6'4" skywalking Fr off the court to get those minutes.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » August 16th, 2015, 11:11 am

Aargh wrote:Nick Barnyard?

I agree with the previous poster. It will be hard to keep Brown off the POST-season All-MVC lists.

Not many WSU players will see pre-season honors as Sophs. Fr don't get enough minutes to justify pre-season honors as Sophs.

Frankamp (KU trfr, top-40 out of HS) is the likely sub for Baker. Baker is the likely backup for VanVleet. Frankamp is likely to be on the floor when either Baker or VanVleet takes a break. If Frankamp gets in the range of 20 minutes, he might be a candidate for post-season honors. Frankamp is going to have to keep a top-100 6'4" skywalking Fr off the court to get those minutes.

I was thinking about Shamet too when I considered Frankamp briefly. If one of those two can play PG...
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » August 16th, 2015, 6:10 pm

*Banyard

1st team:
Van Vleet
Baker
Ballentine
Akoon-Purcell
Mockevicious

2nd Team:
Doyle
Jeremy Morgan
Washpun
Beane
Paris Lee

I'd put a big guy on the 2nd team but I really don't know who will step up out of the rest of the teams so I put Lee on it. Think he will take it up another notch offensively as well as being best defender in MVC now that Cotton is gone IMO.
I would put one of the shocker big guys for 2nd team but I think they will kind of balance each other out so no one will have dominant stats if that makes sense
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » August 16th, 2015, 6:37 pm

I forgot about Beane. He was REALLY good as a sophomore, but just a moderate star as a junior.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jturner38 » August 16th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Brown - Indiana State, I dont see how he doesnt make at least 2nd team unless he just plays awful the whole season which I dont see happening.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » August 16th, 2015, 8:41 pm

jturner38 wrote:Brown - Indiana State, I dont see how he doesnt make at least 2nd team unless he just plays awful the whole season which I dont see happening.

Put your list together! Nothing says you can't have all guards on first and second team, but Brown has to be like the 4th best SG in the league who's last name starts with B? Over Brown I'd take; Baker, Balentine, Beane...Bohannon is close...also Doyle, Akoon-Purcell, Frankamp...
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheDrake » August 17th, 2015, 1:28 pm

1st team:
Fred Van Vleet
Ron Baker
DJ Ballentine
DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell
E. Mockevicious

2nd Team:
Milton Doyle
Reed Timmer
Wes Washpun
Anthony Beane
Devonte Brown

Guard crazy. With the scoring load that Timmer will be expected to carry, I think he take the step from all-freshman and newcomer team, to either honorable mention or second team.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jackwagon » August 17th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Wufan wrote:
jturner38 wrote:Brown - Indiana State, I dont see how he doesnt make at least 2nd team unless he just plays awful the whole season which I dont see happening.

Put your list together! Nothing says you can't have all guards on first and second team, but Brown has to be like the 4th best SG in the league who's last name starts with B? Over Brown I'd take; Baker, Balentine, Beane...Bohannon is close...also Doyle, Akoon-Purcell, Frankamp...

Matt bohannon?? Everyone else on the list you can make an argument for above Brown. Brown is light years ahead of bohannon as a complete player.

I'd go with this group

Vanvleet
Baker
Doyle
Akoon Purcell
Mock

2nd team
balentine
Beane
Brown
Washpun
Grady