Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 10th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 10th place during the 2015-16 MVC men's basketball season?

Poll ended at September 7th, 2015, 7:57 am

Bradley
55%
Drake
No votes
Evansville
No votes
Illinois State
No votes
Indiana State
4%
Loyola
No votes
Missouri State
32%
Northern Iowa
No votes
Southern Illinois
9%
Wichita State
No votes

Total votes : 56

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 10th Place

Postby mnbulldog » September 2nd, 2015, 11:17 am

I'm just happy that there are 38 votes and not one for Drake.
mnbulldog
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » September 2nd, 2015, 5:41 pm

Who will be the key contributors for the Braves this year?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockalot » September 3rd, 2015, 2:53 pm

The bottom 4 seem pretty clear at this point, but Bradley seems to have the least likely ability to avoid last place. MSU, Drake, and SIU at least have 1 or 2 good/decent and experienced/"proven" players to probably avoid dead last, especially at the critical guard position(s). On top of that, a change in coaches almost always requires a minimum of a year to get successful program components in place where they've been missing, making it another challenge to being competitive against even crummy coaches who have been around the league for awhile. I do hope and believe that Bradley will be getting out of the cellar in the next couple of years though.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TheDrake » September 3rd, 2015, 2:59 pm

shockalot wrote:The bottom 4 seem pretty clear at this point, but Bradley seems to have the least likely ability to avoid last place. MSU, Drake, and SIU at least have 1 or 2 good/decent and experienced/"proven" players to probably avoid dead last, especially at the critical guard position(s). On top of that, a change in coaches almost always requires a minimum of a year to get successful program components in place where they've been missing, making it another challenge to being competitive against even crummy coaches who have been around the league for awhile. I do hope and believe that Bradley will be getting out of the cellar in the next couple of years though.

I actually think Drake gets over the hump this year and avoids the play-in game. We bring almost everybody back from last year and the players we've added are upgrades from what i've seen.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » September 3rd, 2015, 3:14 pm

TheDrake wrote:
shockalot wrote:The bottom 4 seem pretty clear at this point, but Bradley seems to have the least likely ability to avoid last place. MSU, Drake, and SIU at least have 1 or 2 good/decent and experienced/"proven" players to probably avoid dead last, especially at the critical guard position(s). On top of that, a change in coaches almost always requires a minimum of a year to get successful program components in place where they've been missing, making it another challenge to being competitive against even crummy coaches who have been around the league for awhile. I do hope and believe that Bradley will be getting out of the cellar in the next couple of years though.

I actually think Drake gets over the hump this year and avoids the play-in game. We bring almost everybody back from last year and the players we've added are upgrades from what i've seen.

With the injury issue at ISUb, I think Drake has a decent shot at the top 6. What ISUb still has going for them is a coach that has proven he can keep a team in the upper division.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockalot » September 3rd, 2015, 4:37 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
TheDrake wrote:

With the injury issue at ISUb, I think Drake has a decent shot at the top 6. What ISUb still has going for them is a coach that has proven he can keep a team in the upper division.

I had originally thought Drake might be out of the play-in group also, but I don't see 4 of the guys who were suppose to be coming in listed on their ESPN roster, i.e. Wampler, Dolven, McGlynn, and Olejniezack, so was thinking they may not be part of the team this year. With them maybe Drake does get over that hump. Anybody know what is up with those 4?
Regarding ISUb, the loss of Bell hurts for sure, but the addition of Van Syoc and Bunschoter I think keep them in the top 6, along with the reason you mention.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » September 3rd, 2015, 5:13 pm

The Bulldogs mentioned above should all be there. Drake will be battling for 6th.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » September 3rd, 2015, 7:49 pm

shockalot wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
TheDrake wrote:I actually think Drake gets over the hump this year and avoids the play-in game. We bring almost everybody back from last year and the players we've added are upgrades from what i've seen.

I had originally thought Drake might be out of the play-in group also, but I don't see 4 of the guys who were suppose to be coming in listed on their ESPN roster, i.e. Wampler, Dolven, McGlynn, and Olejniezack, so was thinking they may not be part of the team this year. With them maybe Drake does get over that hump. Anybody know what is up with those 4?
Regarding ISUb, the loss of Bell hurts for sure, but the addition of Van Syoc and Bunschoter I think keep them in the top 6, along with the reason you mention.

All 4 were with Drake for their European trip a few weeks ago, and have been listed on the roster at Drake's website for a few months now. ESPN apparently hasn't updated Drake's roster yet to include the freshmen. On one of the games on the European trip, Olejniczak had 15 points and 13 rebounds....in less than 20 minutes of play.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MSUDuo » September 4th, 2015, 12:16 pm

MO State. And I hope they do.

:buddies: :buddies: :buddies:
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Cdizzle » September 4th, 2015, 12:59 pm

MSUDuo wrote:MO State. And I hope they do.

:buddies: :buddies: :buddies:

Is there a threshold that you think results in Lusk losing his job? (I assume that's why you're rooting for a tank this year).
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball