Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 10th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 10th place during the 2015-16 MVC men's basketball season?

Poll ended at September 7th, 2015, 7:57 am

Bradley
55%
Drake
No votes
Evansville
No votes
Illinois State
No votes
Indiana State
4%
Loyola
No votes
Missouri State
32%
Northern Iowa
No votes
Southern Illinois
9%
Wichita State
No votes

Total votes : 56

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 10th Place

Postby jackwagon » September 4th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Not sure what makes people think Drake is due for a breakout year. Daniels and Ricks were their best scorers. Berkley was their only athletic wing and Caird was their best 3pt shooter outside of Ricks.

Timmer had a very good year but does not strike me as a player with a ton of upside. Really solid starter, not a program changer. JEJ has his limitations as well. Once again solid valley player, don't see the guy ever being quick enough to be a stud and he has no range. Woodard and Abrahamson come from bottom dweller big ten teams where they got 15> minutes a game. Doesn't mean they are garbage, but to expect them to dominate the valley is a stretch. All of Drakes other returning FR from a year ago seem to be another year away from big time valley minutes. The kid from Wisconsin should be able to help right away and the foreign big is a intriguing long term talent. I just don't see how they compete with the top 6. Loyola and ISUB both have 2-4 players who are better than Drakes best kid.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockalot » September 4th, 2015, 3:13 pm

jackwagon wrote:Not sure what makes people think Drake is due for a breakout year. Daniels and Ricks were their best scorers. Berkley was their only athletic wing and Caird was their best 3pt shooter outside of Ricks.

Timmer had a very good year but does not strike me as a player with a ton of upside. Really solid starter, not a program changer. JEJ has his limitations as well. Once again solid valley player, don't see the guy ever being quick enough to be a stud and he has no range. Woodard and Abrahamson come from bottom dweller big ten teams where they got 15> minutes a game. Doesn't mean they are garbage, but to expect them to dominate the valley is a stretch. All of Drakes other returning FR from a year ago seem to be another year away from big time valley minutes. The kid from Wisconsin should be able to help right away and the foreign big is a intriguing long term talent. I just don't see how they compete with the top 6. Loyola and ISUB both have 2-4 players who are better than Drakes best kid.

Don't think anybody yet has been thinking much of big "break out" year, just a fighting chance of going from 7th to 6th, mostly if ISUb doesn't pull it together, and as long as SIU or MSU don't have better than many would expect seasons.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby uniftw » September 4th, 2015, 3:16 pm

shockalot wrote:
jackwagon wrote:Not sure what makes people think Drake is due for a breakout year. Daniels and Ricks were their best scorers. Berkley was their only athletic wing and Caird was their best 3pt shooter outside of Ricks.

Don't think anybody yet has been thinking much of big "break out" year, just a fighting chance of going from 7th to 6th, mostly if ISUb doesn't pull it together, and as long as SIU or MSU don't have better than many would expect seasons.
What I took away from that is "Drake is probably still a PIG team, and not a ton better than last year, but a team or two in front of them might have major fall offs and give Drake a chance to move up by default.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 5th, 2015, 10:48 am

Cdizzle wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:MO State. And I hope they do.

:buddies: :buddies: :buddies:

Is there a threshold that you think results in Lusk losing his job? (I assume that's why you're rooting for a tank this year).

I think if he has another losing season he's out. My fear is us having a .500 or slightly over and that buying him another year or 2. He seems like a good guy and he works hard but he's just not a winning HC at this level.

I actually think we have some decent talent. With the right coach we could finish in the top half of the Valley this year but......it ain't going to happen barring a complete makeover from Lusk himself.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball