Coaches most likely to be fired

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby bigdawg » September 12th, 2015, 10:46 am

I like Barruh, but not sure how long his leash is. Considering what he inherited I think he will make it to 2016-17 no matter what happens this season. But inevitably someone won't be back next year. Who is most likely?

1- Lusk
2- Marty (if Evansville fails)
3- Hinson
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Coaches most likely to be fired

Postby bleach » September 12th, 2015, 1:18 pm

All 3 works for me. Barry should get another year just because you hired him in the first place. I don't know what you guys were expecting. Simmons has never been any better than Barry. Lusk is worse than both of them put together.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » September 13th, 2015, 6:26 pm

Marty isn't going anywhere until at least Blake is done. New AD or not. All bets are off after 2016-17 season.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PurpleAndWhite » September 14th, 2015, 5:37 am

Yeah, as you all know Marty is not going anywhere much to most Aces' fans dismay.

I will go so far as to say if he makes the NIT this year (which I honestly doubt) that will buy him another 3 years to rebuild a team around the next DJ (I am assuming 5'-11" (yeah he is small) freshman Harris Brown).

The University is too risk adverse to spend the money on the potential for a better coach. They are comfortable. :Bam:
PurpleAndWhite
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby ACECARD » September 14th, 2015, 9:29 am

sixth ace wrote:Marty isn't going anywhere until at least Blake is done. New AD or not. All bets are off after 2016-17 season.

Will have to agree. Marty won't be going anywhere as long as Blake is on the team. If this team does not make the NIT then I think 16-17 would be his last year.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » September 14th, 2015, 10:25 am

ACECARD wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Marty isn't going anywhere until at least Blake is done. New AD or not. All bets are off after 2016-17 season.

Will have to agree. Marty won't be going anywhere as long as Blake is on the team. If this team does not make the NIT then I think 16-17 would be his last year.

Why? This makes no sense. It's not as if Blake is Durant and the coach is the only thing keeping him there. Seems like losing two Simmons' at once wouldn't be that bad...
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball