Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 7th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 7th place during the 2014-15 MVC men's basketball season?

Poll ended at September 20th, 2015, 6:49 am

Drake
52%
Evansville
2%
Illinois State
4%
Indiana State
31%
Loyola
2%
Northern Iowa
2%
Wichita State
7%

Total votes : 54

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 7th Place

Postby PurpleAndWhite » September 19th, 2015, 7:38 pm

Wufan wrote:
Really? I have never been disrespectful to UE, perhaps you but not the Aces. I have even been a fairly big UE supporter the last couple of years. Marty has continued to under-utilize Mock, and over-utilize His son and Wing at the 3 and 4. When Marty demonstrates early in the season that he is willing to play more of Mislov and Wiley, I will whole-heartedly put my backing behind UE for second place.

If you feel slighted because I don't see UE (picked 4th by most pre-season mags I've seen) as a clear second place team, that's on you.

And every reasonable Aces fan agrees with you. Utilize the players correctly and UE is 2nd. Continue to play Martyball (which he will) and I am putting UE at 4th.
PurpleAndWhite
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ace75 » September 21st, 2015, 6:04 am

Wufan wrote:
sixth ace wrote:
sixth ace wrote:I have a really hard time distinguishing between 2nd and 6th.

Thats because you have your black and gold glasses on. perhaps you have a bigger problem between 1st-5th

:Cheers:

Aim @ Wufan only

I pray that this was a poor attempt at humor.

I have been accused of wearing puple lense . see above

Ace75
You have to keep in mind who posted this. Wichita State is clearly the front runner to win the conference again. I think my Aces have the talent to finish 2nd but with Marty in charge it's a question. We will definitely have more depth this year in the middle. If Blake gets 30 min a game over Mislav and Wiley it'll be another long and frustrating season.

This board realizes who I am I been here since Valley talk days.. And I also know that the rankings are based on last year opponents. The Aces returns everyone and adds 2 junior bigs and a frosh shooter. To just discount them between 2-6 without the consideration of winning the Valley is typical of WSU fans
arrogance.

Really? I have never been disrespectful to UE, perhaps you but not the Aces. I have even been a fairly big UE supporter the last couple of years. Marty has continued to under-utilize Mock, and over-utilize His son and Wing at the 3 and 4. When Marty demonstrates early in the season that he is willing to play more of Mislov and Wiley, I will whole-heartedly put my backing behind UE for second place.

If you feel slighted because I don't see UE (picked 4th by most pre-season mags I've seen) as a clear second place team, that's on you.

Wichita State has every right to be arrogant. I don't think WUFAN is arrogant. He sees what most of us see in our program. Marty has had the talent but can't do anything with it. I know some think the CIT has been the best thing to happen to us the past 15 years and that's great I think it's pathetic. If he plays Marty ball all year we will finish 4-6. Martys best record in the Valley is 10-8. That's not good enough for 2nd place. Marty has a lot to prove Wichita State doesn't have to prove anything until someone knocks them off. I love how the Shockers play ball reminds me of the good days of our program. We'll see how the season plays out. If Marty utilizes Mislav and Wiley I think we are battling. If he doesn't we'll be defending our CIT championship and that will not be good enough for me.
Ace75
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Tom Servo » September 21st, 2015, 7:00 am

Ace75 wrote:Wichita State has every right to be arrogant. I don't think WUFAN is arrogant. He sees what most of us see in our program. Marty has had the talent but can't do anything with it. I know some think the CIT has been the best thing to happen to us the past 15 years and that's great I think it's pathetic. If he plays Marty ball all year we will finish 4-6. Martys best record in the Valley is 10-8. That's not good enough for 2nd place. Marty has a lot to prove Wichita State doesn't have to prove anything until someone knocks them off. I love how the Shockers play ball reminds me of the good days of our program. We'll see how the season plays out. If Marty utilizes Mislav and Wiley I think we are battling. If he doesn't we'll be defending our CIT championship and that will not be good enough for me.

This X100. If everything falls into place and the right guys are out there, we can finish second. The talent appears to be there.
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shockalot » September 21st, 2015, 7:49 pm

Speaking as a life-long Shocker fan, I would love to see Evansville and other Valley teams become strong and consistent basketball programs. It was more enjoyable to have UNI battling WSU for the championship, then WSU beating all comers in the Valley, though I can't lie, that was fun also, but not if it is every year. That would be boring. Plus, the Valley having multiple bids to the tourney will lift every Valley program, including the Shockers--because it is difficult to persuade talented players to come play in a mediocre conference.
Evansville looks to have the talent to do something special this year, and I don't mean NIT. But it wont happen playing Martyball. Can that cat change it's spots?
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » September 23rd, 2015, 9:07 am

sixth ace wrote:This board realizes who I am I been here since Valley talk days.. And I also know that the rankings are based on last year opponents. The Aces returns everyone and adds 2 junior bigs and a frosh shooter. To just discount them between 2-6 without the consideration of winning the Valley is typical of WSU fans
arrogance.

At some point it isn't arrogance. It doesn't assure the result, but it isn't arrogance.

Perhaps an exercise would help. Evansville went 9-9 in the Valley last year, and their best effort in the last 5 years is 10-8. Let's all assume that Evansville is considerably better this year, AND that it manifests itself in their league record. I'll even go so far as to allow the assumption that WSU is NOT any better than last year.

As an optimistic Evansville fan, what record do you think Evansville will have in the Valley this year? 4 games better? 5? Let's be super optimistic and call it 6 games better. That's a fantastic 15-3 league record.

It's also still 2 full games back of the record that won the league last year.

#perspective
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » September 23rd, 2015, 11:33 am

To add to the above, in the past six years the Shockers have NEVER finished below 12-6 in league play. That's 2 games better than Marty's best team in the same time. Marty and Gregg have both been head coaches in the Valley for 8 years. Gregg has NEVER finished lower than Evansville. Three of the last four years WSU has finished better than the proposed 15-3 record for the Aces this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball