Last Summer Scrimmage Recap From WSU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Last Summer Scrimmage Recap From WSU

Postby Jjclamdip » September 28th, 2015, 3:13 am

Championz wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:I would say more like super human abilities that has never been displayed before on a basketball court. :dance:

So you're a better evaluator of talent than Gregg Marshall is? Perfect.

Are you following me around now?

Everyone can make a mistake, Marshall does not walk on water no matter what you think.

Don't flatter yourself.
Jjclamdip
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Championz » September 28th, 2015, 11:26 am

Jjclamdip wrote:
Championz wrote:
Jjclamdip wrote:I would say more like super human abilities that has never been displayed before on a basketball court. :dance:

So you're a better evaluator of talent than Gregg Marshall is? Perfect.

Are you following me around now?

Everyone can make a mistake, Marshall does not walk on water no matter what you think.

Don't flatter yourself.

Says the person who sinks like a concrete block in water.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 2nd, 2015, 12:58 pm

BCPanther wrote:Those are really terrible uniforms. I get going retro, but those are awful.

Fine.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 2nd, 2015, 1:03 pm

sixth ace wrote:Oh let me be the first

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:Beer:

Hate on, brother.

Tell us about your expectations of coming Aces achievements.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » October 2nd, 2015, 2:34 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:

Hate on, brother.

I'm not sure a dunk, in slow mo, that 99% of college basketball players can do is a point of bragging.

Are there other things to bring up as a show of how amazing WSU will be? Sure. That dunk isn't one.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » October 2nd, 2015, 3:39 pm

Man, UNI fans are a tough crowd. We have shitty retro uniforms. Our guard's dunks are a joke.

Maybe one day we can be the flagship of the Valley like UNI is.

(Every 5 years)
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 2nd, 2015, 7:01 pm

uniftw wrote:Are there other things to bring up as a show of how amazing WSU will be? Sure. That dunk isn't one.

I posted that video because when Conner Frankamp was in high school, all we heard about was that he was a great shooter. Sure, 27 points per game, 89% FT, 43% from three, and 50% from the field are impressive stats. It's also nice that, in the Wichita City League he also averaged 3 assists and 4 rebounds, but that's not really impressive is it? High school sophomores always leave you wanting more! As a junior, he was a bit disappointing. His steals, rebounds, assists, and blocks only went up modestly. Again, we were lead to believe that all he could do was shoot, and that's pretty much all he did. While playing regularly against mid-major competition like Gavin Thurman, Evan Wessel, and Perry Ellis he did put up 33 points per game (32 minute games), shot 93% FT, 66% FG, and 51% from 3. If only he was capable of being more than a one trick pony!

As a senior, Conner never did shake the reputation as a shooter. Every conversation about him ended with, he's just a good shooter. Break the City League single game scoring record? Just a shooter. Break the season scoring record? He can shoot. Career scoring record? Well, Perry Ellis was over-rated. If he could shoot like Conner...

Sure Conner lead Team USA U17 in scoring on their way to a gold medal, and team mates Jahili Okafor, Jabari Parker, Tyus Jones, and Stanley Johnson were happy that he could shoot, but bottom line, Conner only does one thing and he's not athletic enough for big time basketball.

Please forgive me if I got a bit excited when I found out that our 6-1 back-up PG can shoot and possesses D-I athleticism.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » October 2nd, 2015, 7:06 pm

uniftw wrote:
Are there other things to bring up as a show of how amazing WSU will be? Sure. That dunk isn't one.

Maybe 99% of D-I basketball players can do a 67" box jump, but that has not been my experience.

https://instagram.com/p/4uajgiTJ29/
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » October 2nd, 2015, 10:34 pm

Actually, there are other things we can bring up to show that WSU is "amazing", but WSU posters have shown amazing restraint to this point.

Bleacher Reports is featuring articles indicating WSU will be the last undefeated team (some time in the NCAA's). What they don't know is something reported by both observers of pickup games and by the coaching staff talking to the media. Wamukota and Kelly look like the most improved players between seasons. That makes the 9-deep rotation look like this:

Center - 6'11" Wamukota, 6'7" "Wall of Shaq" Morris.
PF - 6'8" Grady 5th-yr. Sr - 6'8" Kelly, who now is said to have 3-point range and the ability to put the ball on the floor and attack the rim.
SF - Wessel, 6'6" Zach Brown, who has 3 pt. range and the ability to penetrate off the bounce.
Guards - 2 AA's backed up by top-40 (HS) KU trfr Frankamp. Shamet is likely to get minutes in an AA-dominated backcourt.

Oops - that's 10. That leaves Taylor (Fr 6'1", top 200 CG), Hamilton (Fr 6'8" PF recruited by every P5 conference), McDuffie (top-100 Fr 6'8" wing), and Nurger (So 6'10" post with shooting range to 3) as observers from the bench.

We knew Zach Brown was a scoring threat. He's spent the summer working on penetration to the hoop and finishing in traffic. Brown is looking like (and wanting to be) the 6'6" replacement for Cotton on D. Baker is the only person coached by Marshall to be used at 4 positions. Brown is likely to be the next.

Shamet (6'4") can get his head a couple of inches above the rim and even the coaching staff is saying he can play PG, SG, or SF.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » October 3rd, 2015, 8:28 pm

uniftw wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

Hate on, brother.

I'm not sure a dunk, in slow mo, that 99% of college basketball players can do is a point of bragging.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I suppose your post is a slam against WSU.

I suspect you are picking on the wrong guy. I don't brag about anything ever.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball