Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Last Summer Scrimmage Recap From WSU

Postby sixth ace » October 4th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Oh let me be the first

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:Beer:

Hate on, brother.

Tell us about your expectations of coming Aces achievements.

Wouldn't call it hating but the kid hasn't played a minute of college ball but is claimed to be better than any1 on everybody else's roster

Aces expectations? Aces have seven sophomores coming out of their sophomore slump season. They have 2 juniors that are eligible this year. One is 6'7" All American Juco the other is a 7'1 transfer from the Cornhusker to back up Mock.

The Aces have 4 big men to be rotated at any point. An inside out game is one of the best in the conference.

The three seniors 1 best big man in the Valley. 1 will set a new scoring record with, as ya'll point out, garbage points, the other is a team leader that has played out of position most of his career sucessfully

Expectation is that the Ace can be a top team in the conference. They have a terrible home OOC schedule but the away OOC schedule balances it. It will give them an opportunity to be an at large contender if they
take care of business outside of the Ford Center.

First in a 5 part series starting @ guard by the Evansville beat writer Daniel Allar

http://www.courierpress.com/sports/coll ... 39731.html
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » October 4th, 2015, 8:02 pm

sixth ace wrote:Wouldn't call it hating but the kid hasn't played a minute of college ball but is claimed to be better than any1 on everybody else's roster

Aces expectations? Aces have seven sophomores coming out of their sophomore slump season. They have 2 juniors that are eligible this year. One is 6'7" All American Juco the other is a 7'1 transfer from the Cornhusker to back up Mock.

The Aces have 4 big men to be rotated at any point. An inside out game is one of the best in the conference.

The three seniors 1 best big man in the Valley. 1 will set a new scoring record with, as ya'll point out, garbage points, the other is a team leader that has played out of position most of his career sucessfully

Expectation is that the Ace can be a top team in the conference. They have a terrible home OOC schedule but the away OOC schedule balances it. It will give them an opportunity to be an at large contender if they

First in a 5 part series starting @ guard by the Evansville beat writer Daniel Allar

Thanks for the info! I would say that without a doubt the Aces have the best inside-out combo in the conference, and one of the best in the nation. There are some nice complimentary pieces there too. If Wiley and Mislav take the next step, watch out!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » October 4th, 2015, 8:03 pm

I hope Evansville has a good season. If your coach will let anyone not named Balentine shoot it, you might have a chance. If Wing and Simmons are still a serious part of your rotation, I feel sorry for your team.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 4th, 2015, 8:11 pm

sixth ace wrote:
Wouldn't call it hating but the kid hasn't played a minute of college ball but is claimed to be better than any1 on everybody else's roster.

No one has made that claim, in fact everything I've seen posted has him as a back-up. A simple dunk was posted and you felt the need to throw out the :bow: Perhaps someone made the claim that he was the highest rated recruit in the MVC; I'm not sure, but he is. Just FYI, he DID play (relatively poorly) D-I basketball at KU as a freshman. He's a sophomore transfer and will become eligible on December 12.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » October 4th, 2015, 9:41 pm

sixth ace wrote:Wouldn't call it hating but the kid hasn't played a minute of college ball but is claimed to be better than any1 on everybody else's roster

Has Evansville ever "taken care of business" outside of the Ford Center?

I think your choice of words there was poor.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » October 4th, 2015, 9:50 pm

sixth ace wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Oh let me be the first

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:Beer:

Hate on, brother.

Tell us about your expectations of coming Aces achievements.

Wouldn't call it hating but the kid hasn't played a minute of college ball but is claimed to be better than any1 on everybody else's roster

But u have still have the same coach..........
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » October 5th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Well, since no one has said it, I will. frankamp is a better basketball player than Ballentine. And I'm not a huge supporter or fan of Frankamp.

He needs to show the ability to rebound and play D according to Marshall Law. He needs to learn to Play Angry. He's got some challenges ahead of him.

If he was playing in Evansville's system, he'd probably average 30+ points per game and lead the nation. In Marshall's system, AA's make about 15 points per game.

If Frankamp was playing for McDermott at Creighton, where defense is ignored, and suburban horse is the name of the game, he'd destroy the scoring marks of the younger McDermott.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » October 5th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Aargh wrote:Well, since no one has said it, I will. frankamp is a better basketball player than Ballentine. And I'm not a huge supporter or fan of Frankamp.

He needs to show the ability to rebound and play D according to Marshall Law. He needs to learn to Play Angry. He's got some challenges ahead of him.

If he was playing in Evansville's system, he'd probably average 30+ points per game and lead the nation. In Marshall's system, AA's make about 15 points per game.

If Frankamp was playing for McDermott at Creighton, where defense is ignored, and suburban horse is the name of the game, he'd destroy the scoring marks of the younger McDermott.

I'm excited for Frankamp, but DJ is one heck of a scorer.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » October 5th, 2015, 7:03 pm

Wufan wrote:
Aargh wrote:Well, since no one has said it, I will. frankamp is a better basketball player than Ballentine. And I'm not a huge supporter or fan of Frankamp.

You're missing the point. Evansville's offense is designed to give him 30 attempts a game. Does he make the most of those opportunities? He sure does. He is a good scorer.

Frankamp will never be able to average that many shot attempts because WSU's system doesn't surround 1 player. You're expected to bring everything to the table, not just 1 facet.

If Marshall says he's the best shooter he's ever seen in 30 years of coaching, I'll believe him. You can interpret that however you want to in regards to Ballentine.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 5th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Championz wrote:
Wufan wrote:

You're missing the point. Evansville's offense is designed to give him 30 attempts a game. Does he make the most of those opportunities? He sure does. He is a good scorer.

Frankamp will never be able to average that many shot attempts because WSU's system doesn't surround 1 player. You're expected to bring everything to the table, not just 1 facet.

If Marshall says he's the best shooter he's ever seen in 30 years of coaching, I'll believe him. You can interpret that however you want to in regards to Ballentine.

I just don't see any reason to compare a back up guard to a player likely to break the all time scoring record at Evansville. Maybe in a year or two we can compare them.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball