Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 4th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 4th place during the 2014-15 MVC men's basketball season?

Poll ended at October 4th, 2015, 5:38 am

Evansville
14%
Illinois State
44%
Northern Iowa
38%
Wichita State
5%

Total votes : 64

Postby MVCfans » September 29th, 2015, 5:38 am

Each week we will open a poll for users to predict the end of season finish for the MVC 2015-16 basketball season. We will work in reverse order, concluding with the predicted MVC champion chosen by our users between the last two teams remaining in week 9.

Loyola was selected as the 5th place finisher (results: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4218 )

Week 7 - Who will finish in 4th place during the 2015-16 MVC mens basketball season?
-You are choosing the team that you believe will finish in 4th place for this regular season. Poll open until Saturday, October 3.

Official MVCfans.com - Predictions:
10th Place - Bradley
9th Place - Missouri State
8th Place - Southern Illinois
7th Place - Drake
6th Place - Indiana State
5th Place - Loyola
4th Place .....
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 4th Place

Postby Wufan » September 29th, 2015, 6:21 am

This one was tough for me. I picked Illinois State. I have no confidence in my choice.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » September 29th, 2015, 5:35 pm

I'm going with Northern Iowa, have some good guys returning but Tuttle was the focal point of the offense so I think they take a step back. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 way tie for 2nd tho
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockalot » September 29th, 2015, 7:11 pm

I give the nod to UNI here, as it seems they have too little up front. But I can't say I'm confident in ISUr being consistent enough and problem player free to feel certain of their placing above UNI.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » September 29th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Tight race between two very good but flawed teams. Honestly though, I'm surprised we aren't hearing more about the potential of Mikele McIntosh and Teddy Hawkins. They will both be in their 20s this season, and have shown some potential for future high level performance.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » September 30th, 2015, 10:59 am

Wufan wrote:Tight race between two very good but flawed teams. Honestly though, I'm surprised we aren't hearing more about the potential of Mikele McIntosh and Teddy Hawkins. They will both be in their 20s this season, and have shown some potential for future high level performance.

Isn't Hawkins having some off the court troubles? I thought I remembered hearing something like that in the off season.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » September 30th, 2015, 11:17 am

In a race between 2nd and 6th that's likely going to be decided by 2 or 3 games in the final seconds, I'm going with coaching talent as the tiebreaker.

That means for me, Evansville gets the nod here. No way am I picking Marty and Muller over Jake in a toss up.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » September 30th, 2015, 11:18 am

glm38 wrote:
Wufan wrote:Tight race between two very good but flawed teams. Honestly though, I'm surprised we aren't hearing more about the potential of Mikele McIntosh and Teddy Hawkins. They will both be in their 20s this season, and have shown some potential for future high level performance.

Isn't Hawkins having some off the court troubles? I thought I remembered hearing something like that in the off season.

He is/was. The short term consequences are nil as he has been reinstated as a member of the team. The type of issues Hawkins was having tend to remanifest themselves at inopportune times over the course of a season, but Shaq Morris at WSU went through this as well and it appears to be behind him. Over the longer term, Teddy will be a 22 year old sophomore at the end of the season, and school isn't really his thing. He has a high likelihood in my estimation of being done after this season.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 30th, 2015, 11:59 am

So, y'all are really going to vote Marty Simmons' team 2nd?

Yikes. Might want to give that one some further thought.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 30th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Wufan wrote:
glm38 wrote:

He is/was. The short term consequences are nil as he has been reinstated as a member of the team. The type of issues Hawkins was having tend to remanifest themselves at inopportune times over the course of a season, but Shaq Morris at WSU went through this as well and it appears to be behind him. Over the longer term, Teddy will be a 22 year old sophomore at the end of the season, and school isn't really his thing. He has a high likelihood in my estimation of being done after this season.

Plus, the bar has already been set for punishment at Ill State. Their star RB on the football team literally was arrested for selling drugs to a cop and he did not miss a SINGLE game. But no worry, they "stripped him of his captaincy" LOL

I wouldnt count on any significant suspensions coming at ISU anytime soon.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball