Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 4th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 4th place during the 2014-15 MVC men's basketball season?

Poll ended at October 4th, 2015, 5:38 am

Evansville
14%
Illinois State
44%
Northern Iowa
38%
Wichita State
5%

Total votes : 64

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - 4th Place

Postby uniftw » September 30th, 2015, 12:30 pm

valleychamp wrote:Plus, the bar has already been set for punishment at Ill State. Their star RB on the football team literally was arrested for selling drugs to a cop and he did not miss a SINGLE game. But no worry, they "stripped him of his captaincy" LOL

I wouldnt count on any significant suspensions coming at ISU anytime soon.

Felony selling of drugs.

He was suspended for 11 days - during May - there's no football activities in May.

He plead guilty to the felony and was reinstated with "no further punishment" by the athletic department within 2 hours.

Teddy isn't about to miss any playing time.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RoyalShock » September 30th, 2015, 1:06 pm

uniftw wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Plus, the bar has already been set for punishment at Ill State. Their star RB on the football team literally was arrested for selling drugs to a cop and he did not miss a SINGLE game. But no worry, they "stripped him of his captaincy" LOL

Felony selling of drugs.

He was suspended for 11 days - during May - there's no football activities in May.

He plead guilty to the felony and was reinstated with "no further punishment" by the athletic department within 2 hours.

Whether it happened in May or September, he still could have been suspended from playing in the first X number of games. The timing should be irrelevant.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby uniftw » September 30th, 2015, 1:32 pm

RoyalShock wrote:
uniftw wrote:

Felony selling of drugs.

Whether it happened in May or September, he still could have been suspended from playing in the first X number of games. The timing should be irrelevant.

Agreed. It's why the "suspension" was laughable. I'm pretty sure ISU was done with classes. So he was suspended from nothing.

Hasn't missed a snap this year.

The fans on RBF think he did nothing wrong and was set up because he's a, black, football player. They all admit if it was a 3rd string offensive lineman they should have been kicked off the team, but Marshaun? Absolutely not.

It's comical how that entire thing went down.

Then again, same program that brought a guy who was kicked off of Wisconsin's team for assaulting a female, then were shocked when he got into trouble in Normal. Or take a kid who had drug issues at Oregon and got booted there for a pleathera of reasons and then get shocked when he has more issues in Normal and needs to be booted from the team.

It's comical what their programs are like
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » September 30th, 2015, 2:49 pm

What a pathetically desperate athletics program. I mean I know they've sucked in their major sports for the better part of two decades, but to win at all costs? What an embarrassment.

Their fanbase is making fun of Nic Moore and the SMU situation which is extremely ironic. SMU and Illinois State belong in the same bed together.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » September 30th, 2015, 4:33 pm

Seniors execute, and Mock is the best big man in the conference. WSU doesn't have an inside-out combo like Mock and DJ.

OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me to see UE finish fifth.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » September 30th, 2015, 5:26 pm

Gregg Marshall likes UE for second place per a recent ESPN interview. Also mentioned UNI and Illinois State. Finally, he made a point of stating that LUC had a much better season last year than Creighton.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » October 1st, 2015, 10:58 am

SMU had academic violations which kept players eligible so they could play. I don't think any fan base likes it when a good player leaves their program for whatever reason. (Nic Moore to SMU or Hawkins to ISU) I have noticed many posts from numerous Shocker fans (not all Shocker fans) that are negative towards Hawkins (before & after the Spain incident) & in most cases it seems to be because he jumped ship. (Pot calling the kettle black?) Some comments have no actual factual backing besides "I don't like the guy."

Hawkins did not break any NCAA violations nor was he arrested for anything. I'm glad everyone is the moral police & would maybe prefer the competitive edge that might come with a suspension. If it isn't an arrest (talking basketball)or violation then if there is an issue with a team then it's the responsibility of the coach to handle the situation. It's no one's business what the punishment is if it is something that can be taken care of in private. No coach, including top programs, enjoys publicly discussing team punishments. It breaks the trust with their players if they do talk about it more publicly.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mathewson10 » October 1st, 2015, 10:59 am

Wufan wrote:Gregg Marshall likes UE for second place per a recent ESPN interview. Also mentioned UNI and Illinois State. Finally, he made a point of stating that LUC had a much better season last year than Creighton.

Hahaha nice #creightonburn
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BTbird » October 1st, 2015, 3:04 pm

Championz wrote:Their fanbase is making fun of Nic Moore and the SMU situation which is extremely ironic. SMU and Illinois State belong in the same bed together.

Yeah Right, Didn't WSU commit a violation this summer with a recruit we were after. The WSU baseball team has just been placed on probation but it's our athletics department that belongs in bed with SMU.

http://www.associatesdegree.com/2011/03/08/10-most-corrupt-college-athletic-programs/

This article was posted before your baseball team went on probation by the way.
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jwa123 » October 1st, 2015, 3:32 pm

Wufan wrote:Gregg Marshall likes UE for second place per a recent ESPN interview. Also mentioned UNI and Illinois State. Finally, he made a point of stating that LUC had a much better season last year than Creighton.

I know this thread is about 4th place but this is interesting. I personally enjoy watching Evansville play with their motion offense. Best of luck to Evansville this season.

Though I follow ISUr I am not willing, at this juncture, to put UNI at 4th place behind ISUr. Jacobsen is a heck of a coach and that means something to me. His team will be ready to play.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball