Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - Champion

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which team will win the MVC regular season championship?

Poll ended at October 12th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Evansville
26%
Wichita State
74%

Total votes : 43

Postby MVCfans » October 8th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Each week we will open a poll for users to predict the end of season finish for the MVC 2015-16 basketball season. We will work in reverse order, concluding with the predicted MVC champion chosen by our users between the last two teams remaining in week 9.

Northern Iowa was selected as the 3rd place finisher (results: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4224 )

Week 9 - Who will finish in 1st place during the 2015-16 MVC mens basketball season?
-You are choosing the team that you believe will win the MVC regular season title. Poll open until Monday, October 19.

Official MVCfans.com - Predictions:
10th Place - Bradley
9th Place - Missouri State
8th Place - Southern Illinois
7th Place - Drake
6th Place - Indiana State
5th Place - Loyola
4th Place - Illinois State
3rd Place - Northern Iowa
2nd Place - .....
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - Champion

Postby Championz » October 8th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Given the amount of Creighton lurkers, insecure Valley fans, overall domination of Valley basketball by WSU over the last several years and the whole anymonity thing, I'd be quite shocked if Evansville doesn't win this poll going away. It's the only thing Valley fans can make sure of that WSU doesn't win.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » October 8th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Ahh, a preemptive whiney butthurt post from the undisputed king. I like the stategy of getting your usual tired paranoid insults in before anyone else has made a single post, nicely done.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » October 8th, 2015, 3:15 pm

In an effort to keep this from devolving into something it shouldn't... I really like these threads every year.

I've got WSU here. Too much talent at the top of the lineup. Enough depth to back it up over 18 games. History of success and knowing what it takes to get the job done. Superior coaching.

Nothing is guaranteed, but if you stack WSU up against any other team in the league, you would probably give WSU the edge in just about every category. Which again doesn't guarantee anything, but I think it's about as reasonable and safe of a prediction as can be made in the preseason.

I think there are a number of teams in the league that may be able to push/beat WSU on any given night. I don't really think there are any that will be able to keep up over the course of the entire 18 games.

Even if I take the yellow glasses off....consider that the past 2 years half of the league was eliminated from winning the league outright the night the 1st game was played. A lot of the key players and the coach that made that happen are still around.
Last edited by Cdizzle on October 8th, 2015, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » October 8th, 2015, 3:18 pm

valleychamp wrote:Ahh, a preemptive whiney butthurt post from the undisputed king. I like the stategy of getting your usual tired paranoid insults in before anyone else has made a single post, nicely done.

Ahh, you're too easy to get out from under the covers. Didn't even take 30 minutes. Your lurk-to-post ratio is massively high.

If the poll was a coin flip type of question, I would get it. So go ahead and justify an Evansville vote for me please since you're the one defending it.

As expected with my initial post, I'm being proven right. Thanks for the quick response.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » October 8th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Championz wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Ahh, a preemptive whiney butthurt post from the undisputed king. I like the stategy of getting your usual tired paranoid insults in before anyone else has made a single post, nicely done.

Ahh, you're too easy to get out from under the covers. Didn't even take 30 minutes. Your lurk-to-post ratio is massively high.

If the poll was a coin flip type of question, I would get it. So go ahead and justify an Evansville vote for me please since you're the one defending it.

As expected with my initial post, I'm being proven right. Thanks for the quick response.

Except that he vote is 75% in favor of WSU at this point.....

Sometimes valleychamp isn't my favorite poster, but let it goooooo. Don't ruin the good threads.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » October 8th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Except that he vote is 75% in favor of WSU at this point.....

Sometimes valleychamp isn't my favorite poster, but let it goooooo. Don't ruin the good threads.

1. The poll is 3 hours old
2. Reverse psychology works

Let what go? I raised a valid point on topic. I'm curious to hear from those who have Evansville winning the conference. I'd like to hear their reasons. They could just be UE fans for all I know. I'd understand that. But the likelihood is that it's not UE fans, but as the great valleychamp put it, "butthurt" fans, who have no basis for their picks and thus will hide behind their computer screens.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » October 8th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Championz wrote:Given the amount of Creighton lurkers, insecure Valley fans, overall domination of Valley basketball by WSU over the last several years and the whole anymonity thing, I'd be quite shocked if Evansville doesn't win this poll going away. It's the only thing Valley fans can make sure of that WSU doesn't win.

I think you are joking aren't you? :Cheers: Nothing is perfect but IMO for the most part fans on this board have been pretty respectful of the Shockers dominance of the Valley the last few years. Not that any of the rest of us (or our teams) are going to roll over. But what's going on in Wichita right now is amazing and deserves that respect. And envy.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » October 8th, 2015, 4:59 pm

Most posters on here have been very good apples. There are always a few bad.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 8th, 2015, 6:24 pm

mvcfan wrote:Most posters on here have been very good apples. There are always a few bad.

Yep! I enjoy this sight and reading what other teams fans think about their own team as well as what they think about my team!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball