Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - Champion

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Which team will win the MVC regular season championship?

Poll ended at October 12th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Evansville
26%
Wichita State
74%

Total votes : 43

Re: Official 2015-16 MVCfans.com Prediction - Champion

Postby glm38 » October 11th, 2015, 8:12 am

I agree with whoever said that the members of this forum who voted for Evansville to win the conference should post on here defending that position.

There's just no rational way IMO to defend that? Evansville has talent for sure. But WSU is still better at every position except the post. Coaching is no contest. Barring multiple season ending injuries to the Shockers lineup this year no one will come close to challenging them.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » October 11th, 2015, 11:22 am

glm38 wrote:I agree with whoever said that the members of this forum who voted for Evansville to win the conference should post on here defending that position.

There's just no rational way IMO to defend that? Evansville has talent for sure. But WSU is still better at every position except the post. Coaching is no contest. Barring multiple season ending injuries to the Shockers lineup this year no one will come close to challenging them.

Rather than hearing why 8 people voted for the Aces to win the Valley this year, i would like to hear from the 1 person who voted the Shockers 9th, 3 for 8th, 4 for 7th, 2 for 6th, 4 for 5th, 3 for 4th, and 5 for 3rd.

I think we all know why those votes were cast. It was to pizz off those Shocker posters who already have the Shockers in the final four. Looks like they did a pretty good job of it.

If anybody cares, I voted the Aces third, and the Shocks first.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » October 11th, 2015, 5:42 pm

ACECARD wrote:I think we all know why those votes were cast. It was to pizz off those Shocker posters who already have the Shockers in the final four. Looks like they did a pretty good job of it.

Jealousy and insecurity sucks. I get it.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » October 11th, 2015, 9:00 pm

My conspiracy theory is that it was actually Championz voting for wsu all along since he hasn't had much to get mad about recently ;)

Honestly tho I accidentally voted for Eville on this poll, wasn't paying attention and thought we would be voting for 2nd place sorry guys should be 9-33 :(
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » October 12th, 2015, 6:32 am

Wufan wrote:
Red wrote:I guess I can't blame a UE fan for voting with their heart here but no idea how anyone else could vote Aces here.

I am actually curious to hear the argument for Evansville to win the conference. Any takers that voted that way want to chime in?

http://www.baitatrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/confuzzy-saying-red-box.png
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace75 » October 12th, 2015, 6:40 am

I voted for my Aces here and this is why.
I think we have the talent to win. I know we have a great group of kids that want to go out on top. I am not happy how last year turned out but maybe our players and coaches learned something. We have a couple new assistant coaches that can bring something to the table. I voted with my heart. My head says Wichita State will win it all but my heart says my Aces are finally going to get it done. I for one have not been happy about the state of our program the last 15 years. I haven't been happy about the 4,000 people who come out to the games. I want the old days of 10,000 plus making our stadium hard to play in back. I hope we get back there soon before I'm too old to stand and yell. Hopefully this year will bring us back.

Go ACES!!!
Ace75
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby sixth ace » October 12th, 2015, 10:04 am

Ace75 wrote:I voted for my Aces here and this is why.
I think we have the talent to win. I know we have a great group of kids that want to go out on top. I am not happy how last year turned out but maybe our players and coaches learned something. We have a couple new assistant coaches that can bring something to the table. I voted with my heart. My head says Wichita State will win it all but my heart says my Aces are finally going to get it done. I for one have not been happy about the state of our program the last 15 years. I haven't been happy about the 4,000 people who come out to the games. I want the old days of 10,000 plus making our stadium hard to play in back. I hope we get back there soon before I'm too old to stand and yell. Hopefully this year will bring us back.

Go ACES!!!

+10 Not to mention that UE suffer several injuries to key players last year. Mock, Mislav, Wing and Balentine all suffered injuries. With the new assistant coaches and a Senior/Junior team, I think they capable of match playing with WSU. By December the indicators should be in

That's why they play the games.

:Cheers:
Last edited by sixth ace on October 12th, 2015, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » October 12th, 2015, 10:08 am

sixth ace wrote:

Go ACES!!!

+10 Not to mention that UE suffer several injuries to key players last year. Mock, Mislav, Wing and Balentine all suffered injuries. With the new assistant coaches and a Senior/Junior team, I think they capable of match playing with WSU. By December the indicators should be in

That's why they play the games.

:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » October 12th, 2015, 10:31 am

Go ACES!!!

Great post!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » October 12th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Final results:

Official MVCfans.com - Predictions:
10th Place - Bradley
9th Place - Missouri State
8th Place - Southern Illinois