Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Poll ended at October 26th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Harris Brown - Evansville
13%
Obediah Church - Missouri State
No votes
Roland Griffin - Illinois State
25%
Luke McDonnell - UNI
5%
Markis McDuffie - Wichita State
No votes
Joel Okafor - Bradley
18%
Dominik Olejniczak - Drake
10%
Emondre Rickman - Indiana State
3%
Landry Shamet - Wichita State
20%
Billy Wampler - Drake
8%

Total votes : 40

Re: Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Postby BuBrave2006 » March 1st, 2016, 8:56 am

shockem wrote:Of all the freshmen I saw play, the guys L liked the most were Harris Brown, McDuffie, Dom O. From Drake and Church.

You've actually seen Harris Brown play??? Congratulations, not many people have had the opportunity to see players that far down on Marty's bench.

Fun fact: Harris Brown has one more minute of playing time in 2016 than DJ Balentine had in the overtime game against SIU.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 1st, 2016, 9:11 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
shockem wrote:Of all the freshmen I saw play, the guys L liked the most were Harris Brown, McDuffie, Dom O. From Drake and Church.

You've actually seen Harris Brown play??? Congratulations, not many people have had the opportunity to see players that far down on Marty's bench.

Fun fact: Harris Brown has one more minute of playing time in 2016 than DJ Balentine had in the overtime game against SIU.

Haha, but he warms that bench so well....the future is bright with Harris Brown.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 1st, 2016, 6:24 pm

Shaq Morris was on the All Frosh team last year. McDuffie won this year...I can't remember the last Shocker to win the award. Toure Murry maybe. I'm ready to put money on a healthy Landry Shamet winning the award in 2017.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 1st, 2016, 7:18 pm

Wufan wrote:Shaq Morris was on the All Frosh team last year. McDuffie won this year...I can't remember the last Shocker to win the award. Toure Murry maybe. I'm ready to put money on a healthy Landry Shamet winning the award in 2017.

Luke McDonnell from UNI is going to have something to say about that. He's a more athletic Seth Tuttle with a jump shot. Special, special player that the staff raves about
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 1st, 2016, 7:25 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Wufan wrote:Shaq Morris was on the All Frosh team last year. McDuffie won this year...I can't remember the last Shocker to win the award. Toure Murry maybe. I'm ready to put money on a healthy Landry Shamet winning the award in 2017.

Luke McDonnell from UNI is going to have something to say about that. He's a more athletic Seth Tuttle with a jump shot. Special, special player that the staff raves about

Should be plenty of minutes for both of them next year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shoxfan11 » March 1st, 2016, 8:47 pm

I think Toure lost to that SIU player (Dillard?). I wanna say Randy Burns or Jamar Howard won the award in 2001-2002, I feel like it was someone from that class, but I could be wrong
Shoxfan11
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SubGod22 » March 1st, 2016, 9:03 pm

Randy Burns was the last one.

Landry Shamet will be the next one. He'll likely be in the starting lineup all of next year.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockem » March 1st, 2016, 9:40 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

Haha, but he warms that bench so well....the future is bright with Harris Brown.

My bad, I was thinking Jaylon Brown, who is actually a Junior. No idea if Harris Brown is a player.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ShoxNAwe » March 1st, 2016, 9:48 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I just can't see a WSU freshman putting up enough stats to win this award. If they do, something has either gone horribly, horribly wrong...or...yikes.

Now we know the answer is "YIKES". He is excited about adding 20 lbs. over the summer.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 2nd, 2016, 8:21 am

Illinois State's Freshman class has been a disaster this year...

Roland Griffin - By far the most promise and even started, inexplicably left the team due to an "injury"

Keyshawn Evans - Was not redshirted, then hardly played and is now hurt for the year with a knee injury

David N'Diaye - 7 foot center, very raw, again not redshirted for some reason - hardly plays and now hurt (stress fracture)

Matt Hein - Family took in N'Diaye and was a tag along scholarship player to get N'Diaye - redshirted this year, shoots literally from his hip (not seeing much potential)

Elvis Harvey - Left team in January to move closer to home in Florida (he was being redshired)

So, to summarize -
Two players left the team including one potential stud
Two players were not redshirted and needed to be....then got hurt
One player was a throw in to get another player and is redshirted (without much potential, so wasting scholly a 5th year IMO)

We go 8 deep this year going into Arch Madness and the 9th is a walk on. Nobody else is available.

Not a good recruiting class. Muller needs to make that up this offseason big time and/or N'Diaye needs to develop into the player Muller was expecting.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball