Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Poll ended at October 26th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Harris Brown - Evansville
13%
Obediah Church - Missouri State
No votes
Roland Griffin - Illinois State
25%
Luke McDonnell - UNI
5%
Markis McDuffie - Wichita State
No votes
Joel Okafor - Bradley
18%
Dominik Olejniczak - Drake
10%
Emondre Rickman - Indiana State
3%
Landry Shamet - Wichita State
20%
Billy Wampler - Drake
8%

Total votes : 40

Re: Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 2nd, 2016, 8:40 am

So we literally have no clue what UNI has. 4 freshmen and all of them redshirted. I really don't know too much about them either so maybe a UNI fan a little more in the know can chime in.

Justin Dahl is 6'11 250 - Big big body.
Luke McDonnell is 6'9 210 - Really needs to put on weight. Hopefully he did in this redshirt year.
Spencer Haldeman is 6'1 170 - Was Gatorade POY in Iowa his senior year.
Lincoln Conrey is 6'7 230
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unifight789 » March 2nd, 2016, 9:27 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:So we literally have no clue what UNI has. 4 freshmen and all of them redshirted. I really don't know too much about them either so maybe a UNI fan a little more in the know can chime in.

Luke McDonnell is 6'9 210 - Really needs to put on weight. Hopefully he did in this redshirt year.

Somebody already touched on McDonnell, definitely the biggest impact player of the class. He's already put on some weight and will continue to. I agree that he will be a force.
Dahl constantly gets compared to Egleseder because he's the biggest guy we've had since. I've heard he's got the better body and footwork at this point, but hasn't quite developed the touch that Jordan came in with.
Haldeman will play probably quite a bit off the bench next year. Another sharp shooting combo guard that will play at the 1 and 2.
Conrey's a walkon so don't expect much out of him.

I know he wasn't a freshman this year but many UNI fans expect true freshman Juwan McCloud to start at the point next year.
unifight789
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 2nd, 2016, 9:56 am

unifight789 wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:So we literally have no clue what UNI has. 4 freshmen and all of them redshirted. I really don't know too much about them either so maybe a UNI fan a little more in the know can chime in.

Somebody already touched on McDonnell, definitely the biggest impact player of the class. He's already put on some weight and will continue to. I agree that he will be a force.
Dahl constantly gets compared to Egleseder because he's the biggest guy we've had since. I've heard he's got the better body and footwork at this point, but hasn't quite developed the touch that Jordan came in with.
Haldeman will play probably quite a bit off the bench next year. Another sharp shooting combo guard that will play at the 1 and 2.
Conrey's a walkon so don't expect much out of him.

I know he wasn't a freshman this year but many UNI fans expect true freshman Juwan McCloud to start at the point next year.

Thank you for that. Hopefully we do have some guards that can make an impact because we will be short on guards next year. We only have Lohaus and Morgan who played any significant minutes this year. Haldeman will probably be expected to do a lot for us. From what I have seen on McCloud on Hudl/YouTube I think he can be a very good point for us.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball