Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Poll ended at October 26th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Harris Brown - Evansville
13%
Obediah Church - Missouri State
No votes
Roland Griffin - Illinois State
25%
Luke McDonnell - UNI
5%
Markis McDuffie - Wichita State
No votes
Joel Okafor - Bradley
18%
Dominik Olejniczak - Drake
10%
Emondre Rickman - Indiana State
3%
Landry Shamet - Wichita State
20%
Billy Wampler - Drake
8%

Total votes : 40

Re: Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:The argument is a little subjective but whenever Fred has gone against another "top" point guard he has won the matchup and most times the game. If u told me I could pick one point guard to play in one game id pick Fred every time at the college level

I agree too. I'd take FVV over other pgs as well...even though Kris Dunn is up there, so is Melo Trimble and a host of other players. Although he has not faced too many top end pgs this season.

I never argued CDizzles validity of his statement, just that it's a subjective argument based on opinion, not facts.

Melo is actually secretly Championz favorite player

No his favorite player is Buddy Hield (favorite to win National Player of the Year right now). If he drops off that favorite will change.

On a side note, I've purchased my Steph Curry jersey and have registered for the NBA message board to rip on any fan who is not a GS Warrior fan for being inferior to me.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Championz » January 28th, 2016, 7:17 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:7-1???

I think he's referring to wsu record against Dan Muller

Actually, it's Fred Van Vleet's record against Illinois State. But good catch, as that also works.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » January 28th, 2016, 7:18 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:No his favorite player is Buddy Hield (favorite to win National Player of the Year right now). If he drops off that favorite will change.

On a side note, I've purchased my Steph Curry jersey and have registered for the NBA message board to rip on any fan who is not a GS Warrior fan for being inferior to me.

Don't be a bandwagoner. The Illinois State fanbase needs you. They need as many fans as they can get at this point.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » January 28th, 2016, 7:39 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Absolutely. Based on what I saw, I think I'd be moving on from 4-5 of those guys, spending 1-2 on JuCo's, and 3-4 on another round of freshmen. Would hopefully build up a little more talent, and even out the classes at the same time.

Having said that, I think this award should be to the freshman who demonstrated on the court that he was the best player out of all the freshman. And while it can be difficult to tell when one player is playing with a bunch of other mediocre freshman and another is getting sweet feeds from All-American guards, I also think it's telling that one does not look out of place, and may be the 3rd best player on a Top25 team that is playing like a Top 10 team at the moment.

I don't think right now you are ever going to get a serious argument from someone saying Suggs should be FOY over McDuffie (or Church or whoever...).

It is just worth pointing out that he has played much better in conference season and deserves to get some recognition for it. That being said, if i'm voting fro FOY right now, it would go:

1. McDuffie
2. Church
3. Suggs

But there are still 9 games left.

I like this list and I think it's good that tribe(?) pointed out how Suggs is doing in conference play. It's difficult to keep up with who at BU is playing well. Van Bree and Barker were good early. Suggs and Van Bree (is that the right name) were good at WSU. Griffin and Shamet are likely the other best freshman this year.

Last year's all frosh team featured two very good transfers (forgot their names) Scott, Timmer, and Morris. The three that remained are looking like future all MVC selections.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Championz wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:7-1???

I think he's referring to wsu record against Dan Muller

Actually, it's Fred Van Vleet's record against Illinois State. But good catch, as that also works.

That record had no bearing on the conversation. There was no argument about FVV vs ISUr. You just wanted to show we are inferior to your team since we cheer for a "lesser team". The comment came out of left field and added nothing to the conversation

You are a sad sad person. I feel bad for you.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 28th, 2016, 8:17 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:That record had no bearing on the conversation. There was no argument about FVV vs ISUr. You just wanted to show we are inferior to your team since we cheer for a "lesser team". The comment came out of left field and added nothing to the conversation

You are a sad sad person. I feel bad for you.

This whole FVV conversation is not relevant to the thread. But guess who diverted it in the first place?
Practice what you preach, loser.

I thought you were going to be a good little inferior poster and ignore me anyways? You can't help it? I definitely understand.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » January 28th, 2016, 8:40 pm

I may not be a big fan of some of Championz approach, but a bandwagon WSU fan he most certainly is not.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 8:58 pm

I will agree that the relevancy of the FVV topic is off here, but I tried to make a simple statement and CDizzle went off like it was factual that he is the best in the country that extended the convo. Although I agree, it's far from factual.

I understand Championz is not bandwagon, but his inferiority approach to other fan bases is what makes this website unbearable for many users including myself when he gets involved. He came out of absolutely nowhere with two comments about ISUr (Paris Lee joke and the 7-1 comment) that had nothing to do with the conversation, albeit the conversation was off topic to the thread anyways.

I like most of the WSU fans who post here and can have good conversations with them, that is until he chooses to chime in with his BS.

Yes Championz - WSU is the king of the hill in the MVC right now
Yes Illinois State is a very average team - who tends to cause you problems once a year in some regard.

I get it, stop with the random insults to show you are "better"
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 28th, 2016, 9:01 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I may not be a big fan of some of Championz approach, but a bandwagon WSU fan he most certainly is not.

Gracias.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » January 28th, 2016, 9:04 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:Yes Championz - WSU is the king of the hill in the MVC right now
Yes Illinois State is a very average team - who tends to cause you problems once a year in some regard.

Right now? lol, that was cute.

Cause problems once per year? I'm not quite sure what that means. What kind of problems? Winning problems?

rollbird is the only Illinois State poster worth a damn. And I'm very appreciative Illinois State continues their trend of suckage as this site would be deplorable with that horrible fanbase.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball