Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Poll ended at October 26th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Harris Brown - Evansville
13%
Obediah Church - Missouri State
No votes
Roland Griffin - Illinois State
25%
Luke McDonnell - UNI
5%
Markis McDuffie - Wichita State
No votes
Joel Okafor - Bradley
18%
Dominik Olejniczak - Drake
10%
Emondre Rickman - Indiana State
3%
Landry Shamet - Wichita State
20%
Billy Wampler - Drake
8%

Total votes : 40

Re: Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 9:30 pm

Championz wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:You don't know what will happen in the future or next year or beyond. So yes right now.

You can't deny our teams are competitive against you, otherwise you wouldn't care about us.

Glad you like Rollbird. Its because he is the only one who puts up with your crap

On what planet are you on that 3-12 in the last 15 games is "competitive"? Hell, Drake might have a better record against WSU than that.

The only thing I care about is watching your deplorable fanbase continue to bitch, moan, and deteriorate after each and every L that gets fed to your face.

You talk a lot for sucking a lot. I can only imagine how horrid you'd be if Illinois State was actually good at basketball.

Can't be worse than you. Your posting is disgusting. No respect for others. Awful.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » January 28th, 2016, 9:31 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:You can't deny our teams are competitive against you

I could deny this. A lot. I think you're getting your opinion get in the way of facts.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 9:34 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

I could deny this. A lot. I think you're getting your opinion get in the way of facts.

You both are right here, I was only thinking recently as in last March. We stink against WSU, unless it's in the Valley Tournament.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » January 28th, 2016, 9:48 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

You both are right here, I was only thinking recently as in last March. We stink against WSU, unless it's in the Valley Tournament.

Now you're talking with the facts again.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 28th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Yep sorry.
The sad part is WSU and ISUr fans really got along until the "nut punch" game. Before that I remember cheering for WSU and vice versae in the Valley tourney...

Now that you have tasted success in recent years, the noses have turned up as if better than everyone else.

WSU fans only follow and support the team, their team's success does not equal your personal success. No need to act "better" than everyone else just because of who you cheer for. That is my problem with that poster. Nobody, calls him out. Everyone who has disappears from the website as if Championz scared them off like a bully....meanwhile other WSU fans ignore his outrageous posts and don't self regulate your own fans.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » January 28th, 2016, 11:04 pm

mvcfan2 wrote:Yep sorry.
The sad part is WSU and ISUr fans really got along until the "nut punch" game. Before that I remember cheering for WSU and vice versae in the Valley tourney...

Now that you have tasted success in recent years, the noses have turned up as if better than everyone else.

WSU fans only follow and support the team, their team's success does not equal your personal success. No need to act "better" than everyone else just because of who you cheer for. That is my problem with that poster. Nobody, calls him out. Everyone who has disappears from the website as if Championz scared them off like a bully....meanwhile other WSU fans ignore his outrageous posts and don't self regulate your own fans.

Dry it up. Your fanbase asks for all of this. Don't like it? Why don't you control your own, you freaking hypocrite.

Tasted success in recent years? WSU has owned success for more than just a few. You can continue to try and belittle all you want. It just makes your program look all the more shittier.

All of this is a jealousy thing with you. You can't stand the fact that WSU owns your program. You can never get a lick in at all. The victors go the spoils. If you don't like it, maybe your crappy program should do something about it. In essence, you're mad because you wanna be in our position and you can't because your team/coach/fanbase always faceplants. It's been that way for the past 17 years. Not my problem.

Don't like it? Do something about it or keep the tears on flowing. :cry:
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 29th, 2016, 8:15 am

Championz wrote:

Dry it up. Your fanbase asks for all of this. Don't like it? Why don't you control your own, you freaking hypocrite.

Tasted success in recent years? WSU has owned success for more than just a few. You can continue to try and belittle all you want. It just makes your program look all the more shittier.

All of this is a jealousy thing with you. You can't stand the fact that WSU owns your program. You can never get a lick in at all. The victors go the spoils. If you don't like it, maybe your crappy program should do something about it. In essence, you're mad because you wanna be in our position and you can't because your team/coach/fanbase always faceplants. It's been that way for the past 17 years. Not my problem.

Only a small portion of our fanbase - not the whole group. Just like YOU are only a reflection of a small portion of your fanbase

Belittle??? - Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Yes Recent success - as in the last 5 years (that is recent - you are not a dynasty - you hit the jackpot with a coach and some great players....now you are rolling with it in recruiting - see my previous posts, not with you. I acknowledge and praise the success of the WSU program)

Absolutely not jealous. Unlike you, my personal success is not tied with the success of the Illinois State Men's Basketball program. Do I care about it? Yes. Do I relate personally to it and tie my own self value to our program like you do with yours? Hell no.

Get off your high horse. You are no better than me or any other fan of other teams within this conference or any others. You are just a person who happens to be a fan of the glory years of WSU. Enjoy it, stop hating on others, etc.

I would much rather talk basketball intelligently with you AND STILL WILL, than these back n forths that are always started with a snarky comment from you.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » January 30th, 2016, 10:09 am

mvcfan2 wrote:
Championz wrote:

Only a small portion of our fanbase - not the whole group. Just like YOU are only a reflection of a small portion of your fanbase

Belittle??? - Talk about the pot calling the kettle black

Yes Recent success - as in the last 5 years (that is recent - you are not a dynasty - you hit the jackpot with a coach and some great players....now you are rolling with it in recruiting - see my previous posts, not with you. I acknowledge and praise the success of the WSU program)

Absolutely not jealous. Unlike you, my personal success is not tied with the success of the Illinois State Men's Basketball program. Do I care about it? Yes. Do I relate personally to it and tie my own self value to our program like you do with yours? Hell no.

Get off your high horse. You are no better than me or any other fan of other teams within this conference or any others. You are just a person who happens to be a fan of the glory years of WSU. Enjoy it, stop hating on others, etc.

I would much rather talk basketball intelligently with you AND STILL WILL, than these back n forths that are always started with a snarky comment from you.

I don't want to get involved with this pissing match between you two. However, I will enter a similar message to Champs with hopefully going down the middle of the road. I too like to have intelligent discussions although I my lens sides towards WSU too. We used to have some good discussions at Shockernet with Rick Lamb for Prez. and a couple of others who came to visit. We often agreed on our views on Creighton and other things. And on Redbird, there were decent discussions with WSU fans too. Then came the rough play in the MVC Tournament when a couple of WSU players by a couple of enforcers from ISUR. The coach left and Dana Ford left WSU (I think at his own peril in the long run-he probably is a fine coach who after winning with Marshall could have parlayed the winning he is doing now into a great job but I digress), which was followed by the Kung Fu incident. During all of these events, WSU and ISUR fans disagreed. Now if you go to the Redbird site, you see more venom than ever being spouted by a significant number of Redbird fans and the good fans who used to temper the views and respect the Shockers success have all disappeared because they were being maligned by those who were more on the crazy end of the spectrum. These venomous viewpoints toward WSU still dominate the Redbird site and there are no one who is willing to temper these views that I ever read. Hopefully, in the future some of those who respect the Shockers success will be able to voice their views again. Now, I will say that on MVCFANS, several Redbird fans like you are proving that you can talk respectfully and I appreciate that.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2016, 11:38 am

Thank you for at least commenting about the potential to have cordial conversations. Yes, there are fans on the Redbird site (I don't post there) that are very one-sided, however you can say the same about Shockernet and many of your fans. I also think many do respect the Shox on that site, but are over-ran by posters who do not. I'm sure the same goes for Shockernet.

As I said, the majority are very even keeled fans, but the people who post on team message boards are the ones who are making their viewpoints most public. It also reflects a very small portion of the fan base, given many don't bother posting on fan websites. However, people like us only see these specific people as they are the one's being vocal in a public forum.

I like this website because it's more fans of MVC basketball. Hardly any hatred or arguing back and forth, just good conversation about teams/games, etc.

The one exception to me is Championz who spits that venom towards other schools fans (specifically ISUr) that causes these back n forths. Others might be okay to put up with it, but not me. I will call him out for his crap even when he keeps spitting back at me with more hatred and anger than the post before. It doesn't affect me like it might others, so I won't run away like so many who have challenged him in the past.

Thanks for saying something and I totally agree with your post.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » January 30th, 2016, 12:41 pm

Mvcfan.....appreciate the history lesson regarding WSU @ ISUr but understand that:
-The coach you mentioned (Jank) left ISUr in 2012
- Kung Fu Jackie graduated in 2013
- Dana Ford....the central figure in the discord between programs has been gone 2 years

More importantly though is the fact that this is MVCFans not Redbirdfan.
What is said there is biased and a lot of the times over the top especially regarding
Bradley @ WSU. That is why I prefer this site to have intelligent exchanges regarding all
MVC teams.

There are a few Redbirds fans like myself that are trying to engage this board with some
Pertinent info and opinions regarding the Birds but when every topic turns into
ISUr is irrelevant or Redbird fans are all jerks....what's the point of it all?
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball