Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Poll ended at October 26th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Harris Brown - Evansville
13%
Obediah Church - Missouri State
No votes
Roland Griffin - Illinois State
25%
Luke McDonnell - UNI
5%
Markis McDuffie - Wichita State
No votes
Joel Okafor - Bradley
18%
Dominik Olejniczak - Drake
10%
Emondre Rickman - Indiana State
3%
Landry Shamet - Wichita State
20%
Billy Wampler - Drake
8%

Total votes : 40

Re: Who will be named 2015-16 MVC Freshman of the Year?

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2016, 6:14 pm

How do I not understand that? I even said some are way over the top, but to generalize the entire fan base that way is JUST WRONG.

I chose to not ignore you after all the other people who call out your BS ran to hide. I'm going to keep calling you out. Any crap you spew, it will be called out. Keep it coming or become cordial...

But from the looks of the thread you started today, it appears to be more of the same.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » January 30th, 2016, 6:53 pm

So, who is leading for FoY now?

If you ignore trolls, they have nothing.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » January 31st, 2016, 11:12 am

Markis McDuffie.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby heartless » February 1st, 2016, 9:50 am

Jared Dixon, doesn't deserve to win, but my goodness this kid has taken off lately. Church has been good and made a huge impact (for us), but Dixon, he is like Spiderman out there.

ho-hum first 30-35 minutes against ISUR, then 2 steals, crazy flip shot and just about anything else you can ask from a freshman.
heartless
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby outpost » February 1st, 2016, 10:30 am

mvcfan2 wrote:Yep sorry.
The sad part is WSU and ISUr fans really got along until the "nut punch" game. Before that I remember cheering for WSU and vice versae in the Valley tourney...

Now that you have tasted success in recent years, the noses have turned up as if better than everyone else.

WSU fans only follow and support the team, their team's success does not equal your personal success. No need to act "better" than everyone else just because of who you cheer for. That is my problem with that poster. Nobody, calls him out. Everyone who has disappears from the website as if Championz scared them off like a bully....meanwhile other WSU fans ignore his outrageous posts and don't self regulate your own fans.

I think that the majority of the WSU fan base feels like WSU has "raised the bar" in most sports. I am one (and I know there are many others) who feel disappointed that (most of) the rest of The Valley hasn't tried harder to keep up.

It starts with excitement and enthusiasm of the coaches and administrators, followed by dedication and participation by the fan bases. Then community support catches on. Emphasize your legacies. Schedule up and challenge yourselves!

I like what Wardle is doing at Bradley.....building it up after burning it down. Results are not good this year, but if all of the above criteria stays strong, they could be back in the mix in a couple of years.
outpost
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 1st, 2016, 10:43 am

outpost wrote:
mvcfan2 wrote:Yep sorry.
The sad part is WSU and ISUr fans really got along until the "nut punch" game. Before that I remember cheering for WSU and vice versae in the Valley tourney...

Now that you have tasted success in recent years, the noses have turned up as if better than everyone else.

WSU fans only follow and support the team, their team's success does not equal your personal success. No need to act "better" than everyone else just because of who you cheer for. That is my problem with that poster. Nobody, calls him out. Everyone who has disappears from the website as if Championz scared them off like a bully....meanwhile other WSU fans ignore his outrageous posts and don't self regulate your own fans.

I think that the majority of the WSU fan base feels like WSU has "raised the bar" in most sports. I am one (and I know there are many others) who feel disappointed that (most of) the rest of The Valley hasn't tried harder to keep up.

It starts with excitement and enthusiasm of the coaches and administrators, followed by dedication and participation by the fan bases. Then community support catches on. Emphasize your legacies. Schedule up and challenge yourselves!

I like what Wardle is doing at Bradley.....building it up after burning it down. Results are not good this year, but if all of the above criteria stays strong, they could be back in the mix in a couple of years.

Here is the MVC All Sports page article. WSU won in 14-15 Season...
http://www.mvc-sports.com/awards/allspo ... q-JXvkrKM8

However, it seems a consistency from ISUr in all sports except for last year. 23 of last 25 years finishing top 3 with 12 all-sports crowns from ISUr!! Basketball is an obvious focus on this forum, but all sports it's a combo of three schools. The rest are slacking...

From the article:
"Either Illinois State, Missouri State or Wichita State, meanwhile, has earned the league’s all-sports championship trophy every year since 1995. Illinois State won five of six all-sports championships from 1996-2001, while Missouri State claimed the league’s trophy in 2001-02, 2002-03 and in 2011-12. Illinois State, meanwhile, saw its phenomenal streak of finishing in the Top 5 of the all-sports trophy race end at 32 years. Notably, ISU has 12 all-sports crowns and has finished first, second, or third in 23 of the past 25 years."

I would say Illinois State is holding it's own in improvement in all sports, except maybe basketball where we are consistently 3rd - 6th in the regular season.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird Recon » February 1st, 2016, 4:11 pm

Nic Moore is a pretty good PG.
:Bam:
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 1st, 2016, 4:32 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:Nic Moore is a pretty good PG.
:Bam:

Thanks Jank. So is Anthony Beane (SG).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 2nd, 2016, 6:23 am

heartless wrote:Jared Dixon, doesn't deserve to win, but my goodness this kid has taken off lately. Church has been good and made a huge impact (for us), but Dixon, he is like Spiderman out there.

ho-hum first 30-35 minutes against ISUR, then 2 steals, crazy flip shot and just about anything else you can ask from a freshman.

Will Dixon, Kreklow, Church, and Kendrix stick around? Will Lusk run them out befor his contract expires?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby heartless » February 2nd, 2016, 10:02 am

Wufan wrote:
heartless wrote:Jared Dixon, doesn't deserve to win, but my goodness this kid has taken off lately. Church has been good and made a huge impact (for us), but Dixon, he is like Spiderman out there.

Will Dixon, Kreklow, Church, and Kendrix stick around? Will Lusk run them out befor his contract expires?

I think they stay because they are coachable kids, who have gotten better despite the fact that many believe Lusk does not develop players. Work ethic and not relying on what got you there has a lot to do with development.

Kendrix I don't know. $100 worth of talent on a .05 cent head. Lusk has issues with talented, entitled kids. Every kids different, but punishment has to be equal. I hope Kendrix stays just because he will be a very good player for us. But if he does not push himself to get better, he will be another Lusk casualty.
heartless
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball