Top 50 College Players - Baker, VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Top 50 College Players - Baker, VanVleet

Postby BEARZ77 » November 10th, 2015, 6:43 pm

:huh:
Championz wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:
Championz wrote:I'm willing to bet the amount of articles mentioning Fred Van Vleet by national media sources is 500 times greater than the amount generated by the combined mentions associated with anybody at the University of Evansville over the last 15 years.

You can also substitute Missouri State in for Evansville and still make a true statement.

You're so stupid sometimes it borders on hysterical. This has nothing to do with FVV who deserves every accolade he gets. But somehow you've gotten the idea that because WSU is very good right now and players like Baker and Van Vleet are top level college players, that equates to you being an intelligent poster. Doesn't take a genius to make smart ass comments to everyone when your team is good so you can feel all superior , just someone immature.

Oh and as far as your 500 times greater comment, you might want to remember one Jackie Stiles. You know the little girl from Kansas who when she made her final appearance in her home state as a senior playing at rival WSU drew a still MVC women's attendance record to see her play at a school averaging less than15% of that normally. You know the one who's name is on the annual trophy for best player in the league, the National Player of the year, the Wade trophy winner, NCAA all time leading scorer, the WNBA Rookie of the year, the one who had a day in her honor declared by the governor, recognized at the ESPY's...........

But maybe you don't like women, seems a safe bet, so maybe you've heard a little bit about a guy named
Ryan Howard.............. Anyway, no need to expose your stupidity further. I don't even feel a need to bring it up every time you post because that would make me uhh, well kinda like you.

Bee, I surely didn't expect you to come popping off in a Baker/FVV thread. It's about out of your league, wouldn't you say?

If you'd like to do a tally, I'm all up for it. Why get so defense, Bee? Truth hurts?

Not popping off or being defensive, just pointing out the stupidity of your statement. The fact you don't either recognize or admit how stupid it was shows how insecure you are. I long ago admitted I was wrong about Baker and FVV; I have no problem with it. But please let me know when Fred signs a contract for 25 million plus a year and is the MVP of a major professional league, or lets see if 10 years from now every time they recognize the best player in the MVC his name is in every article written about it. Again this ain't about FVV, just an insecure little man posting garbage he can't back up. I should add though, while very unscientific and certainly not an absolute proof, a simple google search for FVV yields 185,000 references, quite impressive actually. That would mean there would have to be less than 375 for JS to back your mouth. Unfortunately there are over 600,000. OOPS. :huh:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Championz » November 10th, 2015, 9:42 pm

Man, you sure laid the Jackie Stiles smack down on me. :Yea!:

Grandpa Bear made a stupid statement to begin with. I countered. You saw my reaction and ignored the original FVV smear.

I sure hope we aren't comparing FVV and Jackie Stiles, but if we are, I'd venture to say if you polled any random person in the United States, I think we know who (person and school) would be more recognizable. Sorry if that's inconceivable to you to the point where you had to spout off in multiple 300 word defensive power rants.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » November 11th, 2015, 5:56 am

Championz wrote:Man, you sure laid the Jackie Stiles smack down on me. :Yea!:

Grandpa Bear made a stupid statement to begin with. I countered. You saw my reaction and ignored the original FVV smear.

I sure hope we aren't comparing FVV and Jackie Stiles, but if we are, I'd venture to say if you polled any random person in the United States, I think we know who (person and school) would be more recognizable. Sorry if that's inconceivable to you to the point where you had to spout off in multiple 300 word defensive power rants.

No need , when someone mistakes bias for fact, there's no sense in arguing. Clearly this is beyond your comprehension level. You didn't just lose, you got annihilated.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » November 11th, 2015, 8:12 am

lol, in your warped little mind, Bee.

I'd say annihilated would be more like saying Gavin Thurman and Marcus Marshall would cause more players' angst than Ron Baker and Fred Van Vleet.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » November 11th, 2015, 10:08 am

Championz wrote:lol, in your warped little mind, Bee.

I'd say annihilated would be more like saying Gavin Thurman and Marcus Marshall would cause more players' angst than Ron Baker and Fred Van Vleet.

Or perhaps saying you expect an outcome of 500 to 1 and the only results so far are 600,000 to 185,000 the other way. Those are Goldwater type numbers which = LOSER!! I long ago admitted I was wrong about RB/FVV, but you seem to need to live off that. I'd have a little respect for you if you simply said you got po'd about what someone posted and let it lead you into making statements you hadn't bothered to consider the validity of. But you can't seem to do that, so I'll leave it at that.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby COUTEAU » November 11th, 2015, 11:44 am

Interesting....
I "googled" Colt Ryan, well....just because....
1.4 million

OK, he graduated 3 years ago, so I decided to compare that number to Clea Early, who I think was more responsible than anyone for putting SHOX (other than Coach Marshall, 45 mil) on the national map......143,000

just saying...
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby COUTEAU » November 11th, 2015, 11:47 am

COUTEAU wrote:Interesting....
I "googled" Colt Ryan, well....just because....
1.4 million

OK, he graduated 3 years ago, so I decided to compare that number to Clea Early, who I think was more responsible than anyone for putting SHOX (other than Coach Marshall, 45 mil) on the national map......143,000

just saying...

psst....should have made that boast with Ron Baker....47,000,000
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » November 11th, 2015, 12:52 pm

COUTEAU, The problem with both Colt and Ron, is that those numbers represent multiple individuals if you kinda sift thru the options. There are a lot of Ron Bakers in the world and an author by the name of Colt Ryan among others.. I do believe the numbers for FVV and JS are pretty limited to them as would a name like Cle Early. Again pretty unscientific, but obviously gives some sense of how many media references a person has out there.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » November 11th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Bee, it'll be interesting to see if you can sustain your increased posting presence past November this year, unlike last year, when you went MIA after about a month or so.

I personally hope you do, just to see if you can post anything that might top the Thurman-Marshall debacle, although that is clearly the gold standard and probably unattainable.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » November 11th, 2015, 3:54 pm

I'm sure if you googled "Colt" "Ryan" and "45" that'd narrow things down for us :roll:
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball