Lusk making push to win back fan base

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Lusk making push to win back fan base

Postby BEARZ77 » November 22nd, 2015, 12:00 pm

troutangler wrote:I'm not some insider or anything, but I have it on pretty good authority that Lusk does not have two years left. If this season goes anything like last, he will be bought out and be done after this year. The money was not there last year but is this year.

Moats should be shipped right out the door with him.

You're the second person I've heard that from this week Trout. Think it has some legs; gotta hope Moats doesn't let the recruiting class tie his hands if we have the booster backing to make the change. Doesn't look like regardless of talent that Lusk has any sense of what to do with putting combinations together or teaching team defense. Just hard to fathom how inept he remains no matter changes in player personnel or his staff. Tough times for men's sports at MSU sans baseball. Unfortunately Baseball, WBB and VB are not enough to anchor to for most.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bleach » November 22nd, 2015, 1:14 pm

A change needs to be made as soon as possible to aid in keeping that class of recruits and current talent.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » November 22nd, 2015, 1:55 pm

I'm starting to contemplate whether or not we will win a D1 non-conference game this year...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Play Angry » November 22nd, 2015, 2:19 pm

It's pretty much SEMO or bust.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » November 22nd, 2015, 2:43 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:You're the second person I've heard that from this week Trout. Think it has some legs; gotta hope Moats doesn't let the recruiting class tie his hands if we have the booster backing to make the change. Doesn't look like regardless of talent that Lusk has any sense of what to do with putting combinations together or teaching team defense. Just hard to fathom how inept he remains no matter changes in player personnel or his staff. Tough times for men's sports at MSU sans baseball. Unfortunately Baseball, WBB and VB are not enough to anchor to for most.

Hey, you're alive.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » November 22nd, 2015, 8:26 pm

MSUDuo wrote:I'm starting to contemplate whether or not we will win a D1 non-conference game this year...

We didn't win a D1 game all year in football either. We are just horrible at the 2 flagship sports right now. Thank God for baseball. And women's basketball.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » November 22nd, 2015, 9:15 pm

I've been skeptical of MSU's AD for a long time. When Barry didn't get an NCAA invite in 2006 with something like a 24 rpi, but no quality (top-50) wins, Barry got shafted. Then he didn't get a contract extension, which made it impossible for him to recruit. When the lack of recruiting took its' toll, Barry got fired. Nothing quite like making it impossible to succeed and then firing the guy who doesn't succeed.

I'm reminded of the situation at WSU in the late '80's and '90's. Incompetent AD's and an anti-athletics Pres managed to lose a FB program and destroy a once-proud BB program. It took over a decade to recover from that.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » November 22nd, 2015, 9:44 pm

They actually had an RPI of 22 on Selection Sunday and 4 top 50 RPI wins (Creighton, UNI, Bradley and SIU) along with a road Bracketbuster win @ #52 Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February. The shaft job was far worse than most remember.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 23rd, 2015, 10:43 am

Play Angry wrote:They actually had an RPI of 22 on Selection Sunday and 4 top 50 RPI wins (Creighton, UNI, Bradley and SIU) along with a road Bracketbuster win @ #52 Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February. The shaft job was far worse than most remember.

The shaft was worse than awful. A screw job deluxe.

I remember well.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 23rd, 2015, 11:10 am

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Play Angry wrote:They actually had an RPI of 22 on Selection Sunday and 4 top 50 RPI wins (Creighton, UNI, Bradley and SIU) along with a road Bracketbuster win @ #52 Wisconsin-Milwaukee in February. The shaft job was far worse than most remember.

The shaft was worse than awful. A screw job deluxe.

I remember well.

So do Bears fans. Kind of nice to hear confirmation from other MVC fan bases though.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball