Lusk making push to win back fan base

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Lusk making push to win back fan base

Postby glm38 » November 27th, 2015, 3:50 am

I really like Barry Hinson as a person. And I think he's a decent enough coach. I'd take him in a heartbeat over our current HC. But Barry could not get us into the tournament despite some pretty good talent. 9 years is long enough. Hopefully we make the right hire next time and get back on track.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEARZ77 » November 27th, 2015, 12:52 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:So how is this push going?

For Lusk not so good; for MSU, perhaps exactly like it needs to. Some of our young talent is playing well [ Church/Kendrix] and if losing Lusk doesn't lose our recruiting class for next year, a new coach might walk into a pretty decent situation talent wise. Kind of best of both worlds if it can play out that way; Lusk recruits just well enough to have a decent roster, but can't coach and gets canned leaving some talent for a quick rebuild. I'll take it.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 27th, 2015, 9:10 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:So how is this push going?

For Lusk not so good; for MSU, perhaps exactly like it needs to. Some of our young talent is playing well [ Church/Kendrix] and if losing Lusk doesn't lose our recruiting class for next year, a new coach might walk into a pretty decent situation talent wise. Kind of best of both worlds if it can play out that way; Lusk recruits just well enough to have a decent roster, but can't coach and gets canned leaving some talent for a quick rebuild. I'll take it.

I agree with you. This is the best scenario. Losing our three incoming recruits next year would be rough though. Especially the Williams kid who is our best recruit in years.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball