MVC opening night

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC opening night

Postby COUTEAU » November 14th, 2015, 5:38 pm

North Carolina State(83) and Villanova(85), both had 10 losses and received an at large NCAA bid.
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bigdawg » November 14th, 2015, 5:48 pm

And neither were from 1 bid leagues.

:Beer: :Beer: :huh:
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » November 15th, 2015, 8:48 am

COUTEAU wrote:North Carolina State(83) and Villanova(85), both had 10 losses and received an at large NCAA bid.

UNI probably has 7 losses to give - but just one went out the window. The game they lost was pretty much projected as a pretty easy win (8-10 pt projected win). Which means they will now need to steal 1-2 they were projected to lose.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ptownbraves » November 15th, 2015, 9:46 am

The Bradley/Ball St. game was a pretty good indicator of where Bradley is right now. They are the youngest team in D1 and they started 5 guys from 5 different countries, 4 of those freshmen. They'll struggle offensively (32%), from the free throw line (59%) and have plenty of turnovers (13). They are every bit deserving of their 10th place pre-season ranking. However, they grinded out a win and I don't believe Bradley teams from recent years would have made that late comeback once they were down by 8.

DLO looks like a legit PG option and Van Bree and Barker really impressed me with their hustle. It seems our big men got pushed to the perimeter a bit by Ball State's big guys. I don't know if that is Wardle's offense or if our guys are just getting out-muscled down low. At any point, there is plenty negative you can say about this team, but they showed a lot of hustle and never gave up. Everyone seemed excited to be there and the energy on the team was high. That's more than you can say for the last few years of Bradley basketball. I'm excited for the future.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » November 15th, 2015, 3:01 pm

Evansville up over SEMO 44-36 at half. Aces are 17-20 from the free throw line, looks like the new foul rules will be to Aces advantage with their free throw shooting ability
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » November 15th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Evansville up over SEMO 44-36 at half. Aces are 17-20 from the free throw line, looks like the new foul rules will be to Aces advantage with their free throw shooting ability

Did someone forget to tell the fans that there was a game. Looks like 10 people showed up.
Attachments
Evansville.jpg
Evansville.jpg (21.35 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby COUTEAU » November 15th, 2015, 4:54 pm

I believe attendance was around 4,000.
My guess is that you didn't really care about what The ACES drew, on a Sunday afternoon game and were just taking a jab at UE.
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » November 15th, 2015, 5:04 pm

COUTEAU wrote:I believe attendance was around 4,000.
My guess is that you didn't really care about what The ACES drew, on a Sunday afternoon game and were just taking a jab at UE.

.... Take a look at that picture ... I don't need to jab. They did that to themselves. There are no excuses for that.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » November 15th, 2015, 5:19 pm

I think what's even more troubling in that screenshot is the fact that DJ Ballentine is still in the game with under a minute left in a lopsided double-digit win. Why?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » November 15th, 2015, 5:24 pm

COUTEAU wrote:I believe attendance was around 4,000.

He may have been trying to take a jab but you make it easy to take one. That picture doesn't look good so it is hard for you to defend. It may be best if you just say that you are sad too.

I'd like to see a picture of the 4000. My guess is that 4000 is paid attendance and it may be half that.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball