Games Nov 16 and 17

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games Nov 16 and 17

Postby mathewson10 » November 17th, 2015, 9:53 pm

SHOXMVC wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:I'm not feeling very creative today so I decided to just comment on the WSU loss by using last year's quotes from shocker fans after other MVC teams lost early on in non-conference games.

"You wasted no time getting that first 'bad loss' on the record." -SHOXMVC

"Maybe the top ten [Shockers] were looking ahead to [Emporia State]" -Championz

"Rough start for [Greg Marshall's] preseason favorites. The MVC has been more than disappointing so far. Unreal." -shocks771

"So much for the Valley being stronger" -Shockerfan13

"Pathetic, [Shockers]" -Play Angry

I not only made the list...I'm number one bitches.

:D

:Cheers:
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleyclimber » November 17th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Karma should come back to bite Shocker Nation more than a few times this season. Usually root for all MVC teams in the non-con, but I'm not too sad that WSU went down by double digits to a Tulsa team that was ranked #97 Sagarin this morning.

So despite what was posted earlier about Tulsa being top 50ish, that was bogus. Not surprisingly Shocker fans are now ready to proclaim the Golden Hurricane a top 25 team by season's end. Give me a break!

Could be a bit of a downturn for the Shockers this season which won't bother too many Valley fans that have had to deal with some of the more obnoxious fans who love to post and run down other MVC schools. :|
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » November 17th, 2015, 10:12 pm

valleyclimber wrote:Karma should come back to bite Shocker Nation more than a few times this season. Usually root for all MVC teams in the non-con, but I'm not too sad that WSU went down by double digits to a Tulsa team that was ranked #97 Sagarin this morning.

So despite what was posted earlier about Tulsa being top 50ish, that was bogus. Not surprisingly Shocker fans are now ready to proclaim the Golden Hurricane a top 25 team by season's end. Give me a break!

Could be a bit of a downturn for the Shockers this season which won't bother too many Valley fans that have had to deal with some of the more obnoxious fans who love to post and run down other MVC schools. :|

Yes, because preseason rankings mean so much to how a team ends the year.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mathewson10 » November 17th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
valleyclimber wrote:Karma should come back to bite Shocker Nation more than a few times this season. Usually root for all MVC teams in the non-con, but I'm not too sad that WSU went down by double digits to a Tulsa team that was ranked #97 Sagarin this morning.

Yes, because preseason rankings mean so much to how a team ends the year.

According to the Shocker posters on the forum.... YES, YES they do!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » November 17th, 2015, 10:20 pm

bigdawg wrote:This was supposed to be the senior year cakewalk for Fred and Ron. Instead getting clocked at TULSA? Ouch.

Make up your mind dude. You came prancing in here that Tulsa was a favorite according to KenPom. And then you act stunned that they lose a road game at a Top 40 school. Which is it?

It's cool to see Valley fans expecting another undefeated season from the Shox. But let's be realistic. Talk about spoiled. :roll:
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » November 17th, 2015, 10:22 pm

I wish we had Morehead State at home tonight so we could've laid down the law.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ShoxNAwe » November 17th, 2015, 10:24 pm

So, are you happiest that your teams' RPI is going to take a hit or that the conference your team is affiliated with took a hit? Or is it that your envy and jealousy is on full display?
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rollbird5 » November 17th, 2015, 10:24 pm

Not that there is ever a "good loss" but this will be a nice humbling experience for the new guys on the team. Just because they have Shockers or wichita state on their jersey doesn't mean they can just show up and expect to win especially when they play against, as shocker fans say, every team's superbowl when they come to town. I'm sure Marshall will use this to get them fired up so next time it's more than just Baker who plays with some fire. I give Van Vleet a pass on this one cuz it's obvious his injuries are hampering his usual style of play.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mathewson10 » November 17th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Championz wrote:I wish we had Morehead State at home tonight so we could've laid down the law.

You must have been looking ahead to that Emporia State game.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » November 17th, 2015, 10:29 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
Championz wrote:I wish we had Morehead State at home tonight so we could've laid down the law.

You must have been looking ahead to that Emporia State game.

Two Redbird fans going to town in here. WSU has won so much that whenever they lose, the fans from programs who haven't been relevant since the Clinton Administration come out of the woodwork.

Seriously though. Morehead State? At home?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball