Games November 18th and 19th

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Games November 18th and 19th

Postby Rollbird5 » November 19th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Didn't think we would win tonight cuz South Dakota St has a really good team this year and are better than us but expected it to be at least competitive :|
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Valleyball » November 19th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Didn't think we would win tonight cuz South Dakota St has a really good team this year and are better than us but expected it to be at least competitive :|

Expectations. SDSU is a good team. I am a BU fan and they are losing by 12 at half to Virginia. I am still pretty happy because I had low expectations for Bradly this year.
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BradleyFan71 » November 19th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Illinois State was down at halftime by 19 at home to SDSU.

Bradley down by 12 away from home against #6 Virginia.

I'll take that!
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mathewson10 » November 19th, 2015, 9:33 pm

Can we redo our preseason poll because I already have some changes to make!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 19th, 2015, 9:43 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Didn't think we would win tonight cuz South Dakota St has a really good team this year and are better than us but expected it to be at least competitive :|

Fans of what's supposed to be a top-4, and possibly a top-3 team in the Valley expect to lose to a Summit League team? At home?

If that's an expectation of IlSU fans, then I have some good news and some bad news. The good news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon. The bad news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon.

I'd a lot sooner go through the annual challenge of keeping a coach that P5 conference schools want than go through a perpetual lack of interest by P5 schools.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » November 19th, 2015, 9:58 pm

Aargh wrote:

Fans of what's supposed to be a top-4, and possibly a top-3 team in the Valley expect to lose to a Summit League team? At home?

If that's an expectation of IlSU fans, then I have some good news and some bad news. The good news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon. The bad news: IlSU isn't going to have to worry about replacing Muller any time soon.

I'd a lot sooner go through the annual challenge of keeping a coach that P5 conference schools want than go through a perpetual lack of interest by P5 schools.

It's more of me thinking that sdsu is a really good ball club. Really good guards lots of shooters and good big men. Some fans think it may be one of the best teams they've ever had. After seeing how we played against morehead st just didn't think we would be able to fix our issues that quickly to win
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » November 19th, 2015, 10:04 pm

mathewson10 wrote:Can we redo our preseason poll because I already have some changes to make!

I think Illinois State could finish 4th in the Summit.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheAsianSensation » November 19th, 2015, 10:19 pm

South Dakota St will win the Summit.

Illinois St should be better.

In non-MVC action, Tulane lost their second game to a SWAC school already this year. The same Tulane team that beat Drake.

Explain yourselves, Drake.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby goramblers2011 » November 19th, 2015, 10:46 pm

Not a good start for the MVC overall...

Woof.
goramblers2011
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rambler63 » November 20th, 2015, 4:09 am

The Summit also has Western Illinois, who beat Wisconsin in Madison, and IUPUI, who beat Indiana State in Terre Haute and took Marquette to OT in Milwaukee.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball